480w bavagreen led grow light

• Thread starter Guiltydwight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

I'm looking for some info on how to use this light ,starting with the dimmer and 3 other switches for red lights ,ir and uv ,not sure at what stage of growth they should be on or off and for the dimmer I started my seedlings at 50 % and 36 " away from pots any help would be appreciated thanks

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I'm pretty sure UV A/B and reds/far reds are for flowering. I would probably keep those off until you're into flower. (some one with more experience can chime in)

As far what to set it for seedlings...I've tried to keep mine around 250-350 PPFD and read the plant from there. If they're stretching excessively I up the power a tad, if they're looking shocked or cooked I drop the intensity a tad.

You can down load light meters for your phone. They're not really accurate other than giving you a ball park idea, but at least you know you're in the right area. I also try to find PPFD charts for my light and kinda 'guestimate' height and intensity. Check with the app to verify what I'm thinking. (found out later that reducing intensity isn't a linear drop in PPFD)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm looking for some info on how to use this light ,starting with the dimmer and 3 other switches for red lights ,ir and uv ,not sure at what stage of growth they should be on or off and for the dimmer I started my seedlings at 50 % and 36 " away from pots any help would be appreciated thanks
Got a link?

Far red is used for multiple purposes if your light actually produces it at a useable level. AIDS in branching starting in early veg. Research the Emerson Effect. In flower you can leave the far red on for 30 mins after lights out and potentially have more day hours in flower ( like 13 vs 12 hours on) because the far red signals the plant to go to sleep faster.

IR is heat only for if you need it. Many led grows are cold compared to the old school lighting and can benefit from heat.

UV is undoubtedly UVA but I need a link. Proper UVA will bring out purples via an anthocyanin response and does have potential to steer minor cannabinoids. UVB is the spectrum that most people think of that really has an impact but there are no consumer UVB leds.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
has a good spectrum but a surprisingly low efficacy
more 660 + 730nm would have been fitting

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Got a link?

Far red is used for multiple purposes if your light actually produces it at a useable level. AIDS in branching starting in early veg. Research the Emerson Effect. In flower you can leave the far red on for 30 mins after lights out and potentially have more day hours in flower ( like 13 vs 12 hours on) because the far red signals the plant to go to sleep faster.

IR is heat only for if you need it. Many led grows are cold compared to the old school lighting and can benefit from heat.

UV is undoubtedly UVA but I need a link. Proper UVA will bring out purples via an anthocyanin response and does have potential to steer minor cannabinoids. UVB is the spectrum that most people think of that really has an impact but there are no consumer UVB leds.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks.

not enough far red to do anything meaningful with so that switch doesn’t matter.

uv I would wait until flower. Not a ton there either but you might see some color in your buds near the light and purple petioles.

Top Bottom