4k Air Cooled Cooling Problems Ca

• Thread starter TTINVESTMENT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TTINVESTMENT

TTINVESTMENT

So this is my first time writing a thread but I really have no choice I have been looking at seperate threads but I'm not having any luck with the info. So I have 4 4k rooms. 3 of them have XXL magnum air cool hoods and 1 room Has 4 1k gavita with ballast mounted outside. It's about 100F outside sometimes. I have a 12k btu in each room (air conn brand) I have a charcoal filter with a 8inch 700cfm sitting on top exhausting air out of room threw lights and out into wharehouse. I disconnected the intake because it's just to hot outside, there is crazy negative pressure so the room is just filling back in with wharehouse air threw the cracks (room is basiclly sealed but air still finds its way in) the rooms range from 90 - 95 in day and 80-85 at night. I run lights at night but still at 8 am it's warm and at 8pm its warm so I still have a few hours of bad heat and I can tell the plants arnt growing because they have no co2. ( I will add co2 but I still need to fix rooms. Please help

4k air cooled cooling problems ca
Wildill

Wildill

I would and an bigger AC unit at least 18btu and maybe some insulated ducting

G gnome

G gnome

All them unnecessary bends in ur ducts aint helpin. I use rigid ductwork wherever possible.

Ya cant just dump the hot air from the hoods into ur warehouse ya gotta run it out the building. All ur doin is suckin that hot air right back in. Also, is is counterproductive to constantly exaust in a rm ur tryin to air condition.

Ur ac's are underpowered

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Beyond that, the ducting needs to be as straight as possible and all flexible bends should be eleminated to increase flow.

Freshone

Freshone

All good advice above!Each 1k needs 4000 BTUs if air-cooled,6000 if not air-cooled so your short,turn off a light or two in summer or upgrade ac to run year round.
Check out @CannabisJohn and his ac thread in growroom design and setup forum to learn everything you need to know,also the best discrete ac tech in so cal.

G gnome

G gnome

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

@G gnome most likely typed it up at the same time, I just wandered off before I posted it. I try to read threads thoroughly before posting.

TTINVESTMENT

TTINVESTMENT

First off thanks everyone this website is legit.
I m understand the AC with the windows down, I'm going to just cancel that out and just have it scrubbing the room. The reason I didn't want to exhaust outside is because the new air from outside coming in via cracks etc is hotter than the air being exhausted from my room. Leaving exhaust in wharehouse helped cool wharehouse.
I added another inline just compensate for the ducting turns but yea I could make it better. I'm going to take wharehouse air run threw hoods and exhaust out building hopfully that gets me no higher than 85 and I'll just run c02 and I should be fine. Rooms are already super sealed. I just hope it works. With my gavita room of coarse I need to add ac. Just wheneed I thought the spending is over.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Air cooled hoods should be bringing in outside air and exhausting back outside. Temperature outside really doesn't matter, will still significantly cool the lights and help with room temps. Also follow the advice about getting rid of excess bending/curving of your ducting.

Douglas

Top Bottom