4kw mediroom

• Thread starter medikush8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
medikush8

medikush8

Hello farmers, after years couped up in my 7x2 closet I've decided to help my fellow patients and begin a collective grow operation to supply myself and 4 others with their well needed medication.

Now, the room is actually being added on to our backyard as poolhouse if you will. Panels on the house being upgraded to 200 as we speak. as well as the foundation for the roughly 10x10x8~ room and subpanels soon to be run back there, I plan to run 24 plants. The whole setup should take about 2 or 3 more weeks total.. Enough for me to procure 24 og clones...

Now for the equipment all boxed up ready to go :rauch08:

4x cool sun xl hoods
4x eye horti super hps 1000w bulbs
4x ushio 1000w mh conversion bulbs
4x sun system 10 ballasts
2x 8 inch ecoplus supreme (cooling 2 hps each)
1x 6 inch ecoplus supreme (exhaust room)
1x carbonaire 6in filter
1x 12,000 btu ac unit ( Ive heard dont use both but 110 in socal summer is not fun for my little babies and i dont think itd be possible not to have one )
stealth 100 RO unit
15x bags ffof soil, 15 bags pearlite (soil this run only till I can compensate the chunk of my wallet it took to get this far then hydro all the way)
24x 1 gal pots
24x 5 gal pots
1x Digi ph reader
1x digi tds meter
1x temp/humidity meter

Nutes will be:

fox farms grow big
tiger bloom
big bloom
superthrive
cal-mag plus
molasses
and of course straight up RO water will be the base

And that seems to be all that I can recall without looking at the list.

As for the setup itself, im thinking 4x4s under each light with 6 plants in each, pretty simple.. vegging for 3 weeks going for around 3 oz per plant somewhere in that area if possible...

never run this size or even close... 600 watt closet to 4kw room its alot of responsibility but I have confidence in my abilities and from seeing some of the setups on here, makes my room look more like my closet if anything.:D

So farmers, how is my setup looking so far? I know its most simple but im looking for some inspiration as to exact placement and ventilation placements etc.. I can and will be working with the people building to plan exact placement of all the units in the room. So lemme know what you think. peace :rauch08:

M

MT Farmer

I would suggest Roots organic for your soil. It ought to save you a couple bucks, is way better IMO,and you don't need to amend it with perlite it is an amazing mix. I have run them both. ROOTS hands down.

medikush8

medikush8

I would suggest Roots organic for your soil. It ought to save you a couple bucks, is way better IMO,and you don't need to amend it with perlite it is an amazing mix. I have run them both. ROOTS hands down.

aye! anything to make this damn soil a little bit cheaper.. msrp 15 bucks a bag holy :rasta2:. I think its a good soil but damn its expensive

medikush8

medikush8

Isn't Fox farm around the same. If not a hair more.

oh no! I meant anything to get a cheaper alternative to foxfarms haha no disrespect mon :rauch08:, I've seen the roots organic but never heard anything on it so I never checked the price.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

lights cast a square 4' x 4' foot print...so why 6 plants? why not 9 plants per light (and 3 lights)? i understand your plant limit. may i add that you'll hit your weight limit pretty fast :)

imo, you'll get better yield using hps for all phases. i don't know how much heat those cooled reflectors take away, and the ballasts alone produce ~2500 btu each. are you housing them outside the grow space?

i hear you on making do with what you have. at some point do you plan co2?

best of luck with those og cuts!

medikush8

medikush8

lights cast a square 4' x 4' foot print...so why 6 plants? why not 9 plants per light (and 3 lights)? i understand your plant limit. may i add that you'll hit your weight limit pretty fast :)

imo, you'll get better yield using hps for all phases. i don't know how much heat those cooled reflectors take away, and the ballasts alone produce ~2500 btu each. are you housing them outside the grow space?

i hear you on making do with what you have. at some point do you plan co2?

best of luck with those og cuts!

Hey crys, I totally feel ya on the 4x4 dealio common sense loses me sometimes please forgive that, I think I'm going to put 8 under each light because thats about maximum capacity as far as pots and space go for the room.

The ballasts are going to be housed inside the room, I'm hoping the 12k btu ac will accomodate everything decently for now.. As for co2, I'm just waiting on some compensation for another harvest and I'll be good to buy a tank and a regulator with timer, I should have it in there by the time clones go in.

The HPS, I've never been too much of a fan for veg on OGs because of super mad stretch (personal exp) but they seem to work just fine for everyone else using them. Maybe it was just me though:sweating, we shall see! I can go either way.

Clones coming soon, room pics also soon to come... electricals finished by the end of the week this is getting exciting..

peace and best medicating.:pimp:

Cannastyle

Cannastyle

Given the size of that room, you may want to consider a natural gas CO2 generator.

It would save you money and time in the long run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom