4th week of flowering and trichomes are already amber

• Thread starter steve80545
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steve80545

steve80545

Trichomes just showed up in the buds about a week ago. Most are still trying to develop the little mushroom head. For those that have, 90% of them are already amber. I have still developing trichomes, a few clear trichomes, and lots of amber trichomes. Have you ever seen or heard of this before. ( I am not a new grower).
a

steve80545

steve80545

I have no way of taking a picture. I'm looking at them through a little microscope. Can't see well enough with my phone. I will try to get something.

20220128 1422051
2Bad

2Bad

Can you take a pic of the whole plant too. This is interesting...

2Bad

2Bad

Looking through the microscope, there are a lot of trichomes that have not even developed the knob on top of the stem yet.
So basically you're checking trichomes on fan leaves right? you need to be let the pistils develop into buds then look at those trichomes

steve80545

steve80545

So basically you're checking trichomes on fan leaves right? you need to be let the pistils develop into buds then look at those trichomes
I'm looking at trichomes on the sugar leaves and the buds. Fan leaves have mostly been defoliated. Pistils have just barely begun to darken and that is why I am concerned about the quantity of amber trichomes at this stage. I'm at four and a half weeks, what are they gonna look like at eight weeks is my concern. The plants had no trichomes last week. I usually pay closer attention to the state of the trichomes than the pistils. I guess not this time. Lol

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The trichs on leaves don't count. Ignore them. Looking at those pics, there is no way those plants could have amber trichs on calyxes.

steve80545

steve80545

The trichs on leaves don't count. Ignore them. Looking at those pics, there is no way those plants could have amber trichs on calyxes.
Yeah, I can't get the microscope on the calyxes without cutting them off which I'm not gonna do. You are right that there can be no way, I just thought it curious. Full speed ahead! Thanks for your input!

Top Bottom