4x4 grow tent weekly diary

• Thread starter 11Ron11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cypress66

Cypress66

Had some drips of water coming from the pipe going out side.
After investigation the warm air venting into the canadian winter has caused condensation.
My exhaust pipe wasn't tight so condensation was pooling at the dips.
I cut exhaust tubing to fit and repositioned straps.
I angled the charcoal filter a little higher then the motor to prevent condensation backing up into the motor.
Now that the seeds have sprouted I'm going to lower humidity down to 60 to 70.
Hoping that air flow will be more direct and work better.
I have been planting seeds in the coco for years now but they used to have the paper towel method when i first started the only thing about that was I’m a little heavy handed and they are very delicate and i was losing a few from my own actions and the results of my straight to the media after they have soaked in water for 24hrs it is a better way for me and the germination results are not bad about the 90% rate maybe higher the level you put your seeds in the medium is the important thing that I’ve found in this method and they have been growing better when they are in the medium about a 3/5mm ish just so they are covered with the soil/ coco and they are in the dark i use a little heated propigator is only 8wts never use the dome and they have been sound the only other thing they are getting is the plant magic granules they will have a good sprinkle of them in the hole they will be growing in. The best way is the one that works for you to be honest and it is something that you will get a lot of different opinions on one of them that has no right or wrong way imo peace ✌️

11Ron11

11Ron11

I’m not sure with marz hydro but I’d be guessing 2ft 24inch someone here may know
Lol I'm way off I raised it to 10 inches from top of the pots..
They seem to be growing good I'll leave until I can figure out specs for my mars 2000.
Thanks

20220204 170346
Cypress66

Cypress66

I went to there website I think your right this diagram says 18 inches for 3x3 so I'm thinking 24 inches for a 4x4..👍
You are probably right about the height for the spread of the light some kind of light meter (cheap one or download it) is a good guide and the power can be adjusted to suit your reading and your height can be more dialled in Probably only use it once and then you will know and maybe when you get a new light You’re plants are very young and they will not need to be blasted with light trust me on that one You’re light will be okay at the 50% power for the next few weeks and then increase the level slowly to the flower stage and then it is the best time to be on the high level Of power and then it will be okay on 90% it will save your life time of your light I will have my lights on 50%/60% through the veg period and then slowly increase to 70/80% for the first three weeks of flower then I will be on 90/100% for the fourth week until the end of the sixth week and then it will be reduced to the 75/80% for the duration that is what I’ve been doing in my last garden and I’ve been happy 😃 Only my opinion of course Just be careful with your young plants and the light peace ✌️

11Ron11

11Ron11

You are probably right about the height for the spread of the light some kind of light meter (cheap one or download it) is a good guide and the power can be adjusted to suit your reading and your height can be more dialled in Probably only use it once and then you will know and maybe when you get a new light You’re plants are very young and they will not need to be blasted with light trust me on that one You’re light will be okay at the 50% power for the next few weeks and then increase the level slowly to the flower stage and then it is the best time to be on the high level Of power and then it will be okay on 90% it will save your life time of your light I will have my lights on 50%/60% through the veg period and then slowly increase to 70/80% for the first three weeks of flower then I will be on 90/100% for the fourth week until the end of the sixth week and then it will be reduced to the 75/80% for the duration that is what I’ve been doing in my last garden and I’ve been happy 😃 Only my opinion of course Just be careful with your young plants and the light peace ✌️
These are autoflower so we are on the same page..
With full power of the light and full power of the mars exhaust plus 20w oscillating fan equal less then my 850w computer power supply.
Everything comes with warranty so if everything last 5 years I'll be due for new equipment anyways.
So with putting energy a side what performs best full light or dimmed.
Dropping to 50% seems drastic..
I bought 2000 model instead of 1000 because I figured more is better..lol
Cheers..

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Congrats on getting this far @11Ron11 and keep it up. I'm on my 1st grow ever and just 17 days into seedling stage. I am battling all the same things you are but just a couple weeks ahead of you. As for the light height, I would do as I did and download 1 or 2 free light meters from the app store. I got Photone and PPFD. I found this to be helpful but at your stage of seedling, more is for sure not better. You want like 250-300ish PPFD at your stage imo

11Ron11

11Ron11

I put my light to 50% but being in my basement and living in canada my temp dropped to 21c.
I raised the light to 75% and heat went to 24c.
100% temp was 26c
I think 21c is low do you think I should keep my light at 75%.

20220204 194652
20220204 194639
20220204 194702
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I’m in full flower using sf4000 week 5 of flower starting tomorrow and I’m at 22inch and %80 intensity . It’s a 450watt light too

Observationist

Observationist

26c is fine for seedlings, if they are getting too much light could raise it to keep the temp inline, if possible

Last edited:
Top Bottom