4x4 grow tent weekly diary

• Thread starter 11Ron11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

26c to 28c is fine for seedlings and veg

22-24c for flower ideal . I’m at 26c in flower and trying to keep it down I’s hard

Cypress66

Cypress66

These are autoflower so we are on the same page..
With full power of the light and full power of the mars exhaust plus 20w oscillating fan equal less then my 850w computer power supply.
Everything comes with warranty so if everything last 5 years I'll be due for new equipment anyways.
So with putting energy a side what performs best full light or dimmed.
Dropping to 50% seems drastic..
I bought 2000 model instead of 1000 because I figured more is better..lol
Cheers..
My lights are 240wt x two in a 4x4ft and the plants are only under them for the last four weeks of veg up till then they are under a 24wt t5 or they are getting a little more as they grow when they get the 240wt they are not getting any more than 50% power so that works out at 120wts over two fully vegging plants 8sq ft = 60wts over one plant is half of what you need for your flower period and they will grow fine under that you will need to allow for the flower period when your light is a shorter time and you can increase your intensity to compensate for the shorter light period What do that model of light use wattage wise You will need to be getting 30wts per square foot or something close for your flower so for a 4x4ft 16sq foot is 480wts I think you will be able to get away with 400wts maybe but you are better staying in the first option for your flower but the young plants are not going to be needing that kind of intensity you can grow your seedlings in your window sill a indirect light will grow a seedling that said it will grow under the high level and grow okay and you will have the plants reacting to the light and they will tell you how happy they are they will soon tell you when they are not also good luck with your garden peace ✌️

11Ron11

11Ron11

26c is fine for seedlings, if they are getting too much light could raise it to keep the temp inline, if possible
That's what I'm wondering what's more important.
100% light 26c
75% light 24c
50% light 21c

What's more important light % or temp.
I could run a extra heater in my basement but that would raise electricity bill so I would rather not.

Cypress66

Cypress66

I put my light to 50% but being in my basement and living in canada my temp dropped to 21c.
I raised the light to 75% and heat went to 24c.
100% temp was 26c
I think 21c is low do you think I should keep my light at 75%.
The temperature is a little bit low but it’s not too bad that you is better off more 80 /81 humidity is good for your veg period at 72% I cannot really control my humidity completely through my garden I am normally between 50/70% depending on what stage of my plants are and how the climate is outside of my tent it is not a concern for me as long as you have a good air flow in your garden that will help with your risk of getting any problem with moisture in your garden and that is a must have you will probably have to get a heater in your garden and then you will get your temperature up on point to be honest with you my plants are sometimes in 25 degrees and they have always been fine but they will prefer it more eighty/middle eighties is good for late veg and up to late flower last few weeks and then I will try to get it to 78 ish and humidity level is a little lower but it is very hard to control for me good airflow is essential that I will be able to stop any moisture in your garden and you know what you can get from moisture not good things. Again I have only been telling you how i do things not giving advice on how to grow your plants it might be a help to you but you are the gardener and you have to choose to grow your plants properly or not. Anyone can grow it but grow it properly that’s the only way you will spend the same time with your plants cycle so you have to get the best results you can. Light air water and temperature is your basics and you are going to be controlling your environment And that’s hard work to get to the optimal level Good luck 😉 peace ✌️

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

That's what I'm wondering what's more important.
100% light 26c
75% light 24c
50% light 21c

What's more important light % or temp.
I could run a extra heater in my basement but that would raise electricity bill so I would rather not.
As long as they're not getting below 65f they'll be fine. Sometimes, I use clear domes and mist the insides to raise the humidity around the seedlings to tropical levels.

Cypress66

Cypress66

I like to protect trichomes and REDUCE the light a bit at the end of flower.
The same as it is a experimental thing of my last garden and this one not sure what week is going to be a better option but they have been in a reduced level of 80% power since end of the week six and they have had 90% for weeks four to six and they have had 80% for the first three weeks of flower i was wondering about maybe one more week of 90% for four weeks to week ending seven It’s all about gardening and growing good weed I’m looking at my garden now and my temperature is 73f and humidity is 53% is half way through the day hours wise and that’s not perfect really but it will be kept in a 80f temperature for early and middle of flower up to high eighties in a lot of the time And my humidity in my veg period is a 40/50% sometimes high end of fourty is again not ideal but it has been successful for all my gardens so far optimal conditions are going to be getting the best results without any doubt but they will still grow out of the ranges just try to get it as near as possible and that’s me about done ✅ good luck with your garden peace ✌️

m4s73r

m4s73r

Plants like some heat. Are you venting that out of your house? And if so, do you have a fan pulling in fresh air near by?

11Ron11

11Ron11

Plants like some heat. Are you venting that out of your house? And if so, do you have a fan pulling in fresh air near by?
I am venting out my basement window.
It's winter so temp is hard to maintain.
I'm stable between 24 to 26c.
Humidity is around 70%.
I have 1 20w oscillating fan in the tent.
I don't vent new air in I just leave a flap half open and let me exhaust suck in new air.
I have a 4 inch exhaust but I can only run at 15% or it will drop my Humidity and temp to.
21c and 35%.

11Ron11

11Ron11

Looks like I have a new problem guys.
I seen what I thought was dust particles the last couple of days.
After closer investigation they are little bugs.
Iv done alot of research and I think they are gnats like tiny fruit flies.
I am now in full blown war mode they are going down...!
I went to the store and bought apple cider vinegar and 3% hydrogen peroxide.
I filled a jar 1/4 way with cider vinegar and a ripen kiwi then pocked a hole in the lid.
I mixed 1/2 a cup of hydrogen peroxide into my 1 gallon sprayer and I will water like normal like this for atleast 2 gallons but thinking if it gives good results I might add a 1/2 cup peroxide to 1 gallon water regularly..
I'm hoping that the jar with vinegar kills the adults and peroxide and water spray kills the larva eggs in the soil.
I'm reading that somepeople use peroxide regularly regardless of bug and mold as it's supposed to be good for the roots if diluted properly.
Does anyone else use peroxide regularly.

20220205 161133
20220205 125645
Screenshot 20220205 124332 Chrome
Last edited:
11Ron11

11Ron11

Not to many gnats buzzing around and a bunch in the jar..
I'm going to use the 1 gallon mixture and hope that the eggs have been killed.
I don't like the color it made the leaves..
I will spray only the soil next watering..lol

20220205 173241
BudhaSticks

BudhaSticks

Looks like I have a new problem guys.
I seen what I thought was dust particles the last couple of days.
After closer investigation they are little bugs.
Iv done alot of research and I think they are gnats like tiny fruit flies.
I am now in full blown war mode they are going down...!
I went to the store and bought apple cider vinegar and 3% hydrogen peroxide.
I filled a jar 1/4 way with cider vinegar and a ripen kiwi then pocked a hole in the lid.
I mixed 1/2 a cup of hydrogen peroxide into my 1 gallon sprayer and I will water like normal like this for atleast 2 gallons but thinking if it gives good results I might add a 1/2 cup peroxide to 1 gallon water regularly..
I'm hoping that the jar with vinegar kills the adults and peroxide and water spray kills the larva eggs in the soil.
I'm reading that somepeople use peroxide regularly regardless of bug and mold as it's supposed to be good for the roots if diluted properly.
Does anyone else use peroxide regularly.
Good luck fighting off Fungus Gnats, plenty of people have threads on getting rid of them.

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

I remember someone using predators to get rid of them. Might not want to do that in the tent but

11Ron11

11Ron11

I think I got the gnats under control but the peroxide/water mixture is taking a toll on my leaves.
I will definitely be stopping the peroxide after I finish this gallon.
I hope a gallon is enough to kill the eggs.

20220207 180539
tobh

tobh

Supporter
really should get your hands on some 29%+ h2o2. the pharmacy 3% is what's called stabilized h2o2, and the stabilizers will fuck with pH and it's just not as effective. sure, you have to handle the unstable, high concentration stuff with care but it's overall easier and more reliable.

also, gnats are assholes.

11Ron11

11Ron11

really should get your hands on some 29%+ h2o2. the pharmacy 3% is what's called stabilized h2o2, and the stabilizers will fuck with pH and it's just not as effective. sure, you have to handle the unstable, high concentration stuff with care but it's overall easier and more reliable.

also, gnats are assholes.
If the problem persists I will definitely consider something stronger.
I think the vinegar took out the adults and I'm hoping the 1/2 cup 3% peroxide to 1 gallon water in my spray killed the eggs we will see in a week..lol
I was blaming the peroxide for browning my leaves but after reading a post on this site I think my LEDS were burning them after being misted..
Another learning lesson progress is being made..lol

11Ron11

11Ron11

I took out 2 inches of soil to be sure the gnats are gone.
My leaves got burnt from misting my plants with water/peroxide mix and having my lights dimmed to high and to close.
Peroxide works good for gnats if diluted properly.
The plant on the right I had to clip the leaves off from being burnt.
Mental note to self water magnifies the LEDS..lol
I can't dim my lights lower then 75% as that's what maintains my temp of 25c I'll probably get a small radiator heater next winter but it's already Feb.
So for now I'm hoping leaving my lights dimmed at 75% and raising them to 35 inches above the pots helps.
I'm going to stop misting my leaves to prevent magnification..
Gnats taken care of and lights raised bring on the next problem..😒

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Just a thought but maybe consider these domes instead of the misting. These will help keep humidity right where you want it
I took out 2 inches of soil to be sure the gnats are gone.
My leaves got burnt from misting my plants with water/peroxide mix and having my lights dimmed to high and to close.
Peroxide works good for gnats if diluted properly.
The plant on the right I had to clip the leaves off from being burnt.
Mental note to self water magnifies the LEDS..lol
I can't dim my lights lower then 75% as that's what maintains my temp of 25c I'll probably get a small radiator heater next winter but it's already Feb.
So for now I'm hoping leaving my lights dimmed at 75% and raising them to 35 inches above the pots helps.
I'm going to stop misting my leaves to prevent magnification..
Gnats taken care of and lights raised bring on the next problem..😒

Top Bottom