4x4 Tent Crossbar?

• Thread starter ion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ion

I've tried searching online but can't find what I'm looking for. I want a crossbar to go between the horizontal poles in a 4x4 tent so I can hang things from it. Like temp sensors fans and such. Also adjustable (up & down) maybe with a clamp system?

So if you can imagine you've got your horizontal poles in each corner of the tent holding it up, and being able to attach a vertical pole between the horizontal poles with the ability to adjust their height up and down with a clamp, screw system or something?

Has anyone here seen something like this available?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
@JWM2 , he builds grow racks and may have a solution. Hit him up, tagged him

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
But a 1/2 “ electrical conduit cut to size plus 1/2-1” extra per side. Smash the 2 ends down with a hammer, flat, grind or file the ends Smooth.
Take the conduit place over 3/4” galvanized pipe, and tap that into a half round, ensure both ends are pointing down in the same direction.
Now. You have made a pole that can hang g onto the ininside on the tent poles you can drill into conduit to add hooks, tap. It with a screw about a size smaller then hanging hook. And then screw your hook into that hole. Viola!

Last edited:
Hackerman

Hackerman

Damn, nice idea. I have used the rigid CPVC pipe and cut the T-connectors to fit over the poles but it's only good for light weight or short spans. I definitely like your conduit idea better.

Beer's on me. :)

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Damn, nice idea. I have used the rigid CPVC pipe and cut the T-connectors to fit over the poles but it's only good for light weight or short spans. I definitely like your conduit idea better.

Beer's on me. :)
And you can make multiple if u need additional support, do one end then cut to size ensuring you have enough material for th other end

Latest posts

Top Bottom