4x4 Tent, Galaxyhydro 300w Led (x2) In Soil. First Grow.

• Thread starter somedumbjerk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Pics or it never happened...

Is this being directed at me? Happy to posts some pics, but I don't wanna hijack this thread. I have a log here if you wanna check that out. Or if @somedumbjerk doesnt mind, I can post some here.

somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

Is this being directed at me? Happy to posts some pics, but I don't wanna hijack this thread. I have a log here if you wanna check that out. Or if @somedumbjerk doesnt mind, I can post some here.

please post pics! it'll probably help me out to be honest. also if it's directed at me, i've got pics coming tomorrow, didn't have to cut the power yesterday. veg is pretty boring photowise...

keiksweat

keiksweat

honestly i forgot. i'll do it tomorrow or tonight. i'm working until 7 today. any particular angle or requests?
Just wana see ya lamp bro as I use leds also,well I use mh,hps as well but hey..looking good by the way bro.keep doin what you doing and don't be in a hurry to top or lst,let em get some legs first.i just fimm em and keep bending each stem down and out .open em up,let the light penetrate.no rush bro.

somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

brought the little girls outside to play in the sun this morning. about warm enough and plenty of actual sun. i have the LEDs coming on at about 230, i figured a little extra light couldn't hurt. plus i needed to organize in the tent a bit. still need a better way to keep the fans blowing on the girls. anyway, plant pr0n:
us6CF3eSWSs7uE0elJ21Bp3Vb2toLNPcVEXvp7Dxja1gu2hHy4Q_f--n9Bojy00fIPpbxGYQFi3_9QJmyGT1ggS7G1bVUL74KpZI4MBvL1-N6pHEKQj9PmbOu6v1yEf8wYGdXRQcV6fOLZeWR_FMUfanjK-C7fKhVp62r2IKvJqftW0mjQ-hMtvINhmy7LEib2p5Y9zFU9Q5s4MYKNxFOJ0YH-Y9-VkajwHVbJ8yL0DoxBp9yTbs3VEiZUn73N0qum0EgHg8UCMcTBlY3nPARWjLlbUDLycw_3vv-2GDqbknXl6ySkuRBfmyYjiudAnsPjTzRNGKpAWeuuML9ROZ7DsrGx6eIgSrMaFnspioL5e0FlF7934OLdXPfd4L376GTB32U43XhSr7ihAPtcDkSEVpd7q8qZwYr4vyGgAeZM_oJXnAG1LMTx2tv85Jr8NRLrcfew7WOac0LKW6LYAwi2VaydRfFLEgWVJQYDXTlgkIr-S3lntIzWrULTtwm8wp9STVNTi3JIRSpNOu2EUni7HXcT5l_UJet-IN3cLn6LznHY5DD6bBD9Hxg66Q3-OYSmYg=w1239-h929-no

ObGgwqSceBINW3PwtG8E8ny_L1UB4psd-eT5XRsszn4fMEq3wyQ4z7AwXgHyhL4k-MKMdfp1RqBEO8CN9xbf5KKgm0z5-z5kwMCL-BhE4Vy9WNs6iNPGoV4tZVjTdCqRAPYBx_caicOOnJHPPJIIdwzPbNUPKA1lVe2yDqX0GjOhbGk_gatzWPY_cwd6TJk-igSiYhyL8TbcSkhKJ1bxBU4x81txkreXEeWHQMgHjGT33Xw3y3KJ2iW-5mznRlepTFETRHm9OzDTbG-xk_x4yvIuXpD_RHHto5ywlAYvICmMLjOL9RvyxkoRLHXv1K8ZXVz3-u83jjTCBAaPWF37CSsKBfjwxE2aEJn8sUglya-T0saxMij9SR3CZvDHuRmr4jJfzR4yorJ_j5kNJn6bcpW63jnR2OlQcmHuh_5lPvdgGGJqR-TuIHxxcVClibV7E84hCp365ctzZo0PH9ElWzg9IAbS_hUn-EWBt3E8JayzumqDEwGRkrkVXDQS0IK35N1abpAuZ0R3Eb9XxaL11dIt-8YfSffUJpvdrdeLhQ5VeYyr8tp_YmW54FhYNZk5pXfG=w1239-h929-no

crxnwgISso7Zy1fzjq-yvZK9WitDFymJ9b_EkwT09uGh07i1HzZ31_L_1J9e5KS8nGV96UHrq166OGgKZ22STAL08V0Vjtti984UM6ANWb6LpV5zQzFn4BXS8-pbRjgfTXkG0BCxGDPHzQQwdotEBlmUZdH2QUVUVQg2SJPZZHIiJzbB7cV7QCeX2piSZUzI8BNkb-6iHrqOvMELF1D8xgnWZe1KJnKClE-4gX_a2PTvtqeFU-RR6qLRlhQ78Yk4jUW69BckLMp-_y-QvL_QJ3BxDykgiuuegAvSO_xOnZ21X14WbxK8XqXjwkatjUesnoWsPJlTIrW7xB5O6aMkcGxw7sriI03wG6hF-OuM3NbmmJGQus9AvRMu65GPAGlION0v-jGEtOQtiHBRxdUv44ASnLpdNlDgCTLlOpATE_yxqJxatJmCMWK9q7Lk4th43lDxkl0Hsupk8QraQ4dgKW3ToL2wFBuF8ftymLvT_WIkc7WVASX96Ht0nGFn_joDCFQX06Tmw0y03isVFt4ZsWqVO9k5eDlmBr81DiPXdcN1ovhgo9espYPfi69RYMzBJRXk=w1239-h929-no

MWwCborg2kFjf0JMBflFrI1FMoexbkscfT4Ta2LGkIYdMO0ich99uvfbv7LTgUa9lW3LTnEXYyf9mFBcdUDREhVaMRp_ok1dQOoGOx13x9DJNgozRVx_DslEu01_3UuMWAID6C-p8fjiazfTaqv8EQJ8BbWG5pqhDjQQlA-uiW3uIjkWtrCM7kH2P2odmPW81sMtHtplE65q-2rdv7r9KP_liM2M8wsnEqYdxzHozUj-6PoHXVtlhiSCH0GXjtoezO_GIAFZrboYKNvkNguPnOg9vCTmVWnqwjh8r0E7mGiOjb5MIeVsOBWiq9oulbsNYj6csjyhNHA_ep6uhZ0QE1s4CJiEeh5Y9s2gBqyUS_IDF-bkkncJLxvpstj7R0vucK8JYP5H_07C7-vQtWCTzWldstOyto2HANAgmJn9kSlD6MOmF7cm2qZuJ8Yz6vo02kOKc6D2GimIwNw4wOZ_IygSIf89rmYhjTunVAvo2xSIW6kqJcFAbvSaF_WXdpqFup4AcKbzFaS6PlpBGDZk5u7YcmsoIXJesHBPcDtmAbIapomw16_4p1BW2cTWAG8Ns6Gk=w1239-h929-no

_dHqIIrtaLsL0dJZzUsCEBfb1KnoTHwMZWjqiLBjKiKC6SdHlcrJmEzALaOxBFkFkV3MWXOLVDtxY8H-xg-_liiqYCuFH1cnFTlVaqutMBxM8X-SK1t3rn2VZaIxvmPzIC_cnn1bHwsdNDodu5zmh5uw4DZDj6KL-n3JeuCgItvcTSw7LwF9rOgx3V_qxY42TP_NTRhhap8qFRngUM2k9d6GVtFLniKlHdak5Av1bG34wXAzz_l_-Dphzjrlx5T1qMK5On-oo6S9bj1vw61U89nTALcHmbsNWdtVQ5oobkfz7kytWFC0PDO_Kyv4i45z0kEER1id9TQp9BLeYxMChD_VXwj_QUT41ssu8f1jO5WBAIMY5vDqeumBiTt3B41EfoTK86BjzgboRzM-refSdqrIhhvxYWbDy3-fp72N-rXI3S08sqCU_0KhSBoX1ILHQ-rvZ0JtgdYTH6fQgQRClnplw2qywD2a8ip3eC4LJH94X8JZ4v3LMhnbBs6Mnthkhc08gLEsPdDhCsvvwAIndOQeSdz9RTBmk9auPNr4n9IKLIB5QZQNWTYlapWQ5iz_HPbC=w1239-h929-no

and once out in the light, i inspected the plants a bit of course. as a worrying father, couldn't help myself. a few brownish tips, but nothing crazy considering i may have overwatered a bit earlier on. then i found this:
FtDp3z0TiHOIU_aFSl8cBfePryuLWvImjYF-CyU5S61jJ3g3G6WqIFoExBsBRjsmI2QNmdENvd86bND0OspV144wEIEhxbu7KCYFEERUvqIG4JH8zCXqdwu9WgrJJj51v1JiHpCCLhXn2cLJHFbakQUayMj1HWNk4AYaFrn0ItbhPWrQWUHuf5unvv_Cx6zZEavP9PEiPj6OIieRt-67Ms1LhNSvq4VMTTeZsii26HQHvsrIo4wy32wKxRNtyiJ5FbQi9IH3FvDV0o714zJXxhBfQNOIrkgw08WdlEHHej7KomP_geFQMm2fiEXAYRy4ueTN39K05Xd-UpmwiV4JgK4WCQu7h5zQa1ZTTwQVxfyE5ukSlMryFf8ileAVIUmo-rjIDKq5ycpi4sgC9PuWm7QSnm-rOTHdXzOFHnTKU1ieXSPPYncFVR3YtxttXry1jSd8Z80CTtdXB4VZDCKvRZRefdStkNPynnYAFW7vCG8Z-eKrxY8huRl7rBOFgUJ-IghVdQZOupcQoqwDR_nFGwoAzJSyeRmhtYVzl8o8Fl5vlzMsrRIHrsJE7j-LNi5tKmi0=w698-h929-no

the texture is pretty hard of the little blotch, and crumbly, so i don't think it's WPM, but i'm looking into it more. what i think it is is i accidentally got some nutrient solution on the leaves last time, but that could be me being hopeful. hoping the superbowl didn't close the hydro store cause i gotta run and get some stuff.

and, finally, the lights:
before i removed the other two plants, you can see the plastic trays still:
2QfYowYOj6vmqoMR1dAVcfHMqD9-I74fzTyhwAWdvC02Tgx5usNQcTwsahs9iN865wpI03cfN3a5eYAofA5WKp-S8HqXRNlfjO6DjSemBbgwCa-vOOSZWslwxYGkb_QyOj4RFQCQFtp_F4M2kKvqhOKPUWdCocaId6RK2DlSbKbk1qNmcJszUQKwFlQfdxyjWayEw3iqbfqpolQGZ_I2hxuiUqonlyGi3ac8NlLXjfkF1MRrLUgmb2HR4PzReHV27STfcR7p0XaFFjFQuLvEcvh9dcM3g9cKj1iq4SulOlCwSjCUudORfVv48O6WqghO6UPpyywD49TCkq5o2DTUAp4_Plf9JU45a7_YtmDFwuUoJUT14syrJgDuhYQq699hbCtCwVjZNQ-ngvALuetzmI8heI19XwHah5JLBy70CDcHUjvX-kQgo_cQPVE38sElcqfbjWKbC2X8o7BjFscllCWbYbtvHkqi5Xv6EBhOxT4_md2CzNGw_ENNcKATpaL7O_dG_aXua4B1SBrZQdJv6WDxw3DswMf3p8kd8xOsmlESjIEHAcTFiG_JulGdth9-ZQkk=w698-h929-no

the two lights from underneath:
eHUZEbfQZaGBS8T3-P2eO2xAkYW2vdiXT8AHrw4_wr6babeLH_M4wAKH6feHcepLX4NHjgA_7_VJyhcwwANAtbgUv4rROoe42P5VLtOREvU0gpzXWEDaQ5mNn4ZXHCE_89N7syzkFo_iFx4Migo6rs_obKwUb-aGuPEvZh_AFaoPqaqTh5fuIrUyIC-sZNyEptWEYze5HwE1djxv6DZVwEVrapvaShTk53Jfn6Fq5BY8ZUEO32bKuhUeV6YddxPn-HuRZ0ZL9ypKV88kGcB0cpnzDutzZqAxzIWSg6Tap-0iVMtg9PC2EZp06lVflZuOOTFeUf7Lg00AdE2yRgg0mOKkT6AOBTuOXMCsH2ZWjUQOWyBqUgiXRPWYtFWmGUxIIEvnybPaOtmIe4vl6xFL9czPb-B6xRYBAWYVrB-EfjzuCzKImS9IjTeFCfu_hd_N2o33XfLs7aohWZTWrzxBBaqTPbjJhHi0HQSKx7_RKXkGL83QumPHeOdVxNvbMzxKpYeZBNCaoxX0zSDeLlCNmEifuAeMHtyr8_4UmdMb1cLatw90_NftdDjP_L0_4fNW5D2m=w698-h929-no

Minitiger

Minitiger

Dude, I dunno if that's PM or what, but just be very, very sure to wash your hands immediately after you touch that plant. You definitely don't wanna be touching that plant and then touching your others (or anything else, too).

I'll post a pic of the chaos in my tent in a minute, if you're interested. I learned my lesson haha. Next run will be a maximum of three strains, but probably just two.

AnimalMutha

AnimalMutha

Very clean set-up SOME. I don't you have super high humidity in your tent, so im going to say you are right. Looks like some over spray on nutes. Should be no worries. But yes wash your hands, just to be safe.

somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

Cool set up pal,what is the draw from the wall on them leds?

No clue to be honest. Read reports online between 165-185. Seem to be doing okay. And thanks!

Very clean set-up SOME. I don't you have super high humidity in your tent, so im going to say you are right. Looks like some over spray on nutes. Should be no worries. But yes wash your hands, just to be safe.
Thanks! Humidity has been 60-63%. Hands washed!

Dude, I dunno if that's PM or what, but just be very, very sure to wash your hands immediately after you touch that plant. You definitely don't wanna be touching that plant and then touching your others (or anything else, too).

I'll post a pic of the chaos in my tent in a minute, if you're interested. I learned my lesson haha. Next run will be a maximum of three strains, but probably just two.

Yeah, I'd love to see your photos! I went to the hydro store and they where closed, so I couldn't get neem or anything. Looking around for a magnifying glass to get a better look. I wiped it off the plant, damp paper towel, washed my hands, dried the leaf.

Minitiger

Minitiger

No clue to be honest. Read reports online between 165-185. Seem to be doing okay. And thanks!

Thanks! Humidity has been 60-63%. Hands washed!

Yeah, I'd love to see your photos! I went to the hydro store and they where closed, so I couldn't get neem or anything. Looking around for a magnifying glass to get a better look. I wiped it off the plant, damp paper towel, washed my hands, dried the leaf.

If you really wanna know the draw, you can get a Kill-o-watt for like fifteen bucks. That'll tell you the actual watts/amps that those lights use. I'm kinda curious myself.

My grow room and my tv room are on the same 20 amp circuit breaker (ghetto circuit box, super-annoying), so I had to get one of those. And good thing I did. Plugged our old plasma tv into the Kill-o-watt and saw that it was using the same amount of power as my light (this was before I even started my grow). 700 watts and like 6.5 amps. Fucking WHAT??? No wonder it got ten degrees hotter every time me and my girl watched a little TV haha. Needless to say, i told my girl we're getting rid of that tv and I bought a new LED tv, otherwise I wouldn't have even been able to grow. Plus, my power bill is virtually the same as before I even started growing, so win-win. Kind of.

A television that uses that much power? That's fucked up..... Haha.

One thing you might want to consider is that you don't really wanna be taking your plants outside and then bringing them inside etc. 1. You kinda wanna keep them on a regular light/dark schedule. 2. Taking them outside exposes them to potential problems (bugs, mold etc). Having said that, I actually sprouted all of my plants outside and then moved them inside. Can't remember now what my rationale was, although I think it had something to do with just not wanting to waste power for the four or five days before they broke ground. Haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood), but I also started from seed and I make my own dirt. Im telling you, I think Fox Farm batches really do come with all kinds of shit that you don't want your plants exposed to. The very first batch of soil I mixed, I used FF and that shit got infested with gnats etc. Had to really let it dry out while it was cooking. Could've had something to do with all of the amendments, but once I ditched that mix and made my own (lumperdawgz recipe), I never saw another gnat again. Ever.

Anyway, yeah.... Get that neem when you can and foliar the fuck out of them. Just to be safe. They look healthy to me, but better safe than sorry, ya know? Plus, if you use potassium silicate to emulsify the neem oil, your plants will benefit. K silicate is super-beneficial.

Also, if you haven't already, mulch. Again, lots of benefits. You won't have to water as much, for one.

Sorry, not trying to tell you how to do your thing. I don't know shit, I just do what the helpful and incredibly knowledgable people here at the farm have told me to do and so far it's worked out pretty well. Just trying to pass along some info that was passed along to me and help a brotha out haha.

somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

If you really wanna know the draw, you can get a Kill-o-watt for like fifteen bucks. That'll tell you the actual watts/amps that those lights use. I'm kinda curious myself.

My grow room and my tv room are on the same 20 amp circuit breaker (ghetto circuit box, super-annoying), so I had to get one of those. And good thing I did. Plugged our old plasma tv into the Kill-o-watt and saw that it was using the same amount of power as my light (this was before I even started my grow). 700 watts and like 6.5 amps. Fucking WHAT??? No wonder it got ten degrees hotter every time me and my girl watched a little TV haha. Needless to say, i told my girl we're getting rid of that tv and I bought a new LED tv, otherwise I wouldn't have even been able to grow. Plus, my power bill is virtually the same as before I even started growing, so win-win. Kind of.

A television that uses that much power? That's fucked up..... Haha.

One thing you might want to consider is that you don't really wanna be taking your plants outside and then bringing them inside etc. 1. You kinda wanna keep them on a regular light/dark schedule. 2. Taking them outside exposes them to potential problems (bugs, mold etc). Having said that, I actually sprouted all of my plants outside and then moved them inside. Can't remember now what my rationale was, although I think it had something to do with just not wanting to waste power for the four or five days before they broke ground. Haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood), but I also started from seed and I make my own dirt. Im telling you, I think Fox Farm batches really do come with all kinds of shit that you don't want your plants exposed to. The very first batch of soil I mixed, I used FF and that shit got infested with gnats etc. Had to really let it dry out while it was cooking. Could've had something to do with all of the amendments, but once I ditched that mix and made my own (lumperdawgz recipe), I never saw another gnat again. Ever.

Anyway, yeah.... Get that neem when you can and foliar the fuck out of them. Just to be safe. They look healthy to me, but better safe than sorry, ya know? Plus, if you use potassium silicate to emulsify the neem oil, your plants will benefit. K silicate is super-beneficial.

Also, if you haven't already, mulch. Again, lots of benefits. You won't have to water as much, for one.

Sorry, not trying to tell you how to do your thing. I don't know shit, I just do what the helpful and incredibly knowledgable people here at the farm have told me to do and so far it's worked out pretty well. Just trying to pass along some info that was passed along to me and help a brotha out haha.

No need to apologize! I'm trying to absorb as much info as possible. Honestly the main reason I wanted to move the plants outside was to redo some routing and clean up the tent. Looks way better now! Next grow I'm not using FF. I keep hearing bad things, which sucks because when I did my first research they kept getting recommended. Debating between supersoil or other recipes for DIY fun.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Check out lumperdawgz/clackamas coots mix. Cheap and easy. And maybe I'm a nerd, but I really like mixing up some dirt haha. Smells goooooood....

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

My grow room and my tv room are on the same 20 amp circuit breaker (ghetto circuit box, super-annoying), so I had to get one of those. And good thing I did. Plugged our old plasma tv into the Kill-o-watt and saw that it was using the same amount of power as my light (this was before I even started my grow). 700 watts and like 6.5 amps. Fucking WHAT??? No wonder it got ten degrees hotter every time me and my girl watched a little TV haha.

The kill-a-watt meter Is an eye opener.
Knowledge is power.

Is this case knowledge of power.
This was one of the reasons I got an led tv recently.

The energy tag said $11 a year to run a 55" tv lol.
That's probably like 4hrs a day.
I barely use it at all. Some days never.
Its power useage is listed at 58 watts on average.
And 128 watts max.

Switching to led house bulbs helped too.

Had 17 cfl's @ 23 watts ea current draw =391 watts
That is 39 watts short of my 400w ballast pulls from the wall (430w)

The new led replacement bulbs total 99w.

So I could leave all my lights on and it would cost me almost %75 less money.

Cleaning up your energy waste helps a lot.

Last edited:
somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

The kill-a-watt meter Is an eye opener.
Knowledge is power.

Is this case knowledge of power.
This was one of the reasons I got an led tv recently.

The energy tag said $11 a year to run a 55" tv lol.
That's probably like 4hrs a day.
I barely use it at all. Some days never.
Its power useage is listed at 58 watts on average.
And 128 watts max.

Switching to led house bulbs helped too.

Had 17 cfl's @ 23 watts ea current draw =391 watts
That is 39 watts short of my 400w ballast pulls from the wall (430w)

The new led replacement bulbs total 99w.

So I could leave all my lights on and it would cost me almost %75 less money.

Cleaning up your energy waste helps a lot.

sounds like a good investment. i'm working on switching all the bulbs in the house to LED, most appliances are new and energy star or whatever, the ones that aren't are being replaced this year. i figured this new hobby would be electrically intensive, so starting out with improving electrical intake of the home should help.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
sounds like a good investment. i'm working on switching all the bulbs in the house to LED, most appliances are new and energy star or whatever, the ones that aren't are being replaced this year. i figured this new hobby would be electrically intensive, so starting out with improving electrical intake of the home should help.

That is a great. It ought to free up some watts to save $$.

Top Bottom