4x4 tent grow (Super Silver Haze, Trainwreck, SweetTooth, L.S.D.)

• Thread starter oregongreener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oregongreener

oregongreener

Just started this grow a few weeks ago, and I will be posting pictures very soon (just need to sort thought them). 6 plants went into 12/12 last night (1x SSH, 1x Trainwreck, 1x SweetTooth, 3x Bubblegum). All plants are flowering under 1000-watt HPS in a cool tube setup with independent intake/exhaust venting and fan. The tent utilizes a 6" centrifugal fan for exhaust with a 19" carbon air scrubber. My previous grow experience was in larger rooms or outdoors, this tent is a first for me.

All plants are grown in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and are fed with the Canna Bio line. Neem is used preventatively lt for pest and fungus control/prevention.

Stay tuned for updates and pictures.

oregongreener

oregongreener

Here is a shot of all 8 plants in Veg. They are vegging under at 200-watt CFL. Its FAR from ideal. I really wish I had spent a little more money and gotten a T5 fixture... Live and learn. At any rate, here you go:

Grow2

All of my clones were rescued from another grower that was neglecting them. I have rescued them and gotten them all healthy and good to go (though these pictures don't quite show that, newer pictures will).

The attached picture is of one of the bubblegum clones (at least that is its suspected lineage, will know for sure once it starts to flower).

Grow1
oregongreener

oregongreener

The L.S.D. clones shown in the larger picture are vegging in a smaller space as they weren't quite ready for flower yet. I figure an 8-week veg under the stupid CFL will give me an opportunity to set them up as mini-SCROGs over each pot and get some monsters (saw someone else do that on here and it inspired me).

oregongreener

oregongreener

BH-

Thanks man! The L.S.D. Is a funny story. Initially I was told they were Lemon Sour Diesel (a strain known to makes its way 'round these parts). However, upon further research, it turns out the original cut was purchased with the label of simply L.S.D. I happened to meet the guy who sourced the original cut, and he told me it was not Lemon Sour Diesel, but rather Barney's Farm L.S.D. I'm stoked either way, they're both great strains. I'm sure curious about the L.S.D. high though. Is it as trippy as described?

oregongreener

oregongreener

Here is another update:

The 6 plants that went into flower on Thursday night (5/3) have begun to respond nicely. The Trainwreck looks a little weak, but it looked that way when it came to me. The new growth looks healthy and vigorous. As new growth begins to establish itself more fully, I will prune the dead/dying leaves.

The veg plants are the 2 LSD clones (which I call big LSD and small LSD) and the little one between them is my Nirvana Chrystal seed plant. 1 of 10 sprouted (they looked terrible when they arrived). I have no idea of it's sex yet. I'm going to let it veg for a few more weeks and then throw it into the flower tent. If its female, I'll leave it to finish; if it's male, well, I'm going to kill it... The LSD's are going to veg for the entire flower cycle of the the other 6 plants. I want to turn them into 2 LST monsters and flower them by themselves in the tent.

The order of the 6 plants in flower are (from left-right: 1st row= SSH, SweetTooth, Trainwreck, 2nd row= Bubblegum clones (we think...)
6flower
BigLSD
Chrystal
SmallLSD1
SmallLSD2

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Looking good bro off to a nice start with some nice strains......if you are not happy with the cfl for vegging then just use it to get plants a lil stronger then veg them under the 1000watt hps thats what I do and you will have alot better growth guaranteed! good luck keep us posted!

oregongreener

oregongreener

Mitch-

Thanks man! I appreciate the encouragement. Yeah, the CFL wasn't what I had hoped for. I will continue to use it as my cutting/seedling light. The problem I have is with the light dispersion. I am using the Hydrofarm CFL hood and the spread simply sucks. I am going to get a T5 (4 or 8 bulb) and use that veg. The operating costs of running the 1000watt for 18 hours a day for 6-8 weeks, costs about as much as buying and then running an 8-bulb T5 for twice as long.

My 1000watt ballast is digital and I can put a MH bulb in the hood, I would just rather use the T5 in the future. I have read Ed Rosenthal's book and I know you can veg successfully under HPS, so I may try it and compare to what I get out of the T5.

Again, thank you for stopping by, and check in again for coming updates.

Thanks!!!

greener

oregongreener

oregongreener

Hey there fellow farmers. Here's a small update from the veg closet. The flower tent is lights off until 8:30pm, so no new pictures from there until tomorrow. The Trainwreck is already showing buds though... Everything else is still converting to the flower growth cycle and growing lots of new shoots (since I did some minor LST on the plants).

Anywho... Here are the pics from the veg closet. Lots of new growth, and the big LSD responded to being topped very well. I also removed some of the larger leaves from the Chrystal seedling (the only plant I grew from the start, all clones are rescues). I still don't know if the seedling is male of female though. The suspense is killing me. I have not trimmed anything off of the small LSD, as it just doesn't quite look ready for that kind of stress. We'll see how it moves along. If I can LST or SCROG is without needing to top it, I will. The big LSD needed to be topped to give the new branches time to catch up with the upper growth. Going to need to build a SCROG for it soon. I already sketched out an idea for out to build one...

The order of the pictures are: 1. big LSD, 2. big LSD, 3. big LSD, 4. Chrystal, 5. Chrystal, 6. small LSD
BigLSD after topping
BigLSD after topping1
BigLSD1 new growth
Chrystaal after trimming
Chrystal after trimming2

Thanks for tuning in. Now back to your regularly scheduled bong rip.

greener

SmallLSD1 new growth
oregongreener

oregongreener

Oh, and one other divergence from the flower room is that these plants are not in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. I decided to try something new, and we will see how it works out. These plants are in Dr. Earth Organic Potting Soil. This is not going to be my long-term soil either though... I am going to be moving to Alien's Organic Regimen using Roots Organic soil and Caps Bennies (going to ordering those next week anyway to add to my existing program).

Also, if all goes well, a friend and I are going to be splitting the cost of some Alien Gear (got our eye on Grenades), so watch out for that grow. It will get it's own thread in its entirety.

Thanks!!!

greener

oregongreener

oregongreener

Ok, while I wait for the blunt wraps to get here (along with my GF), I thought I would post this update from the flower tent.

Things are moving along. The Trainwreck is in full bud mode. The others have begun to show pre-flowers and the next week or so will be really interesting to watch.

Keep in mind the giant plant in the back is a SweetTooth mother that I acquired (it was about to die), I trained it slowly over a few weeks to get it to come back around on itself. We shall see what happens...

I threw in a couple shots of the HPS and the centrifugal fan I'm using inside the flower tent, just for giggles.

Anyway, here are the pictures:

1000wattHPSandCentrifugal
1000wattHPSinCoolTube
Bubblegum1
Bubblegum2
Bubblegum3
SSH1
SShandbubblegums
SSHleftBranch
SSHrightBranch
Sweettooth1
SweettoothTopofplantLST
SweettothMiddleofPlant
SweettothMiddleofPlant2
Trainwreck budding1

oregongreener

oregongreener

Since there seem to be some folks watching, I thought I'd throw in an update since things have been moving and shaking in the flower tent.

Had a bit of a disaster and one of my LSD clones up and died. It started looking pale and was never very vigorous (see older pics of smallLSD).

The Chrystal seedling is taking off. I trimmed some larger leaves to promote under branching, I also tilted the cup to get it trained a little too. I have never grown this strain (and I don't even know the sex of it yet), so I have no idea what to expect. It's lineage is White Widow x NL, which WW and which NL they used is anybody's guess...

As an aside, my friend that I rescued the clones from stopped by today... He looked long and hard at the suspected "bubblegum" clones (simply labeled as F1, F2, F3). He no longer believes them to be bubblegum, but rather and more likely, Chemdog (they're on day 10 of flower and stink somethin' fierce already). If this is truly the case, then I'm friggin' stoked!!! He's really happy with how I was able to turn these around and get them moving so well. He was concerned that they wouldn't make it at all.

There are shots of each plant in the tent. The SSH and the SweetTooth are the largest plants. The "Chemdog" plants are medium sized. And the Trainwreck, which is way ahead of everything else, is standing tall and solo...

At any rate, enough of my blathering. On with the picture show.

DSC00977
DSC00978
DSC00979
DSC00980
DSC00983
DSC00985
DSC00986
DSC00987
DSC00988
DSC00989
DSC00991
DSC00992
DSC00994
DSC00996
DSC00997
DSC00998
Trainwreck macro

oregongreener

oregongreener

Well, it's day 22 of flower. Things are progressing nicely. The Trainwreck is a couple weeks ahead of everything else, so it looks like a little bit of a staggered harvest.

One other note, the F1, F2 and F3 clones, suspected as being Chemdog now appear to be 2 Chemdog and one SweetTooth. If you look, you'll see that one of them is showing the same bud structure as the SweetTooth mother plant (the largest of them all).

Here's the picture show:

DSC01041
DSC01042
DSC01043
DSC01044
DSC01045
DSC01046
DSC01047
DSC01048
DSC01049
DSC01050
DSC01051
DSC01052
DSC01053
DSC01054

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Looking good bro those are starting to knot up with some nice lil buds.....where is the sweet tooth from?

keep the pics coming!

oregongreener

oregongreener

Looking good bro those are starting to knot up with some nice lil buds.....where is the sweet tooth from?

keep the pics coming!

Mitch-

Thanks man! Your shit is kicking off nicely too!

I'm not certain where the SweetTooth is from. I rescued the cut from a friend, and he got it through his "connections" that include some pretty high-profile folks in these parts. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can come through with the Trinity County Blueberry and ECSD cuts he showed me pictures of last night... Already got Blue City Diesel staged to go after I put the LSD into the flower tent (after I harvest the current plants) and the TC Blueberry would be a nice addition to the crew....

greener

oregongreener

oregongreener

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Ok, sorry for that... I'm just excited because my Chrystal seedling finally showed her sex today, and it's a girl!!! Thank God. Only 1 bean out of 10 popped for me. I will never buy Nirvana seeds again, especially now that I have found the farm and fire going 'round here...

The picture is a little out or focus, but you can see the pistils...

Chrystal Girl

Thanks!!!

greener

oregongreener

oregongreener

Ok, time for another update.

It's Day 37 of flower. Everything is moving along wonderfully. Buds are starting to stack and fill in. Here's some pictures.

In order of appearance:

SweetTooth, Chemdog (x4 pics), Super Silver Haze (x2 pics), BubbleGum (x2 pics), Trainwreck (x2 pics), SweetTooth (x3 pics), Chemdog (x4 pics with flash, didn't work out so well...).

DSC01099
DSC01100
DSC01101
DSC01102
DSC01103
DSC01104
DSC01105
DSC01106
DSC01107
DSC01108
DSC01109
DSC01110
DSC01111
DSC01112
DSC01113
DSC01114
DSC01115
DSC01116
DSC01117

oregongreener

oregongreener

Just looked more closely at my pics and found this one looked really good when I zoomed in and cropped it a bit:

SSHzoombud

It's my Super Silver Haze, one of the top buds...

greener

Top Bottom