4x4 Tent. Portable AC creating positive, lowering CO2 levels.

• Thread starter MrBrazilGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBrazilGrows

MrBrazilGrows

Quick question about an issue I am experiencing with my 4X4 tent. I had a portable AC installed. It is one of those units with three ports. The top two are the intake and the outlet. The third one is the exhaust heat for heat and moisture. The issue is that, even with both intake and outlet plugged into the tent correctly (and exhausting to a different room cus a long hose), every time the AC kicks in, positive pressure bulges out the tent quite a bit. I have a Gorilla and with the positive pressure kit, it is not a huge deal as far as the physical aspect of this issue. The problem is that it dilutes the CO2 that was painstakingly put in there at a significant cost. So if I could prevent the AC from blowing out the tent’s atmosphere (CO2 levels go down at least 300 ppm and it takes a while to recover).
What can I do to eliminate this problem?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Regulate the temperature of the room that the tent is in and you won’t have that issue. An intake fan blowing the cool regulated air into the tent and an exhaust fan exhausting the air when needed. That’ll help with the depletion of the co2. Air circulation in the tent is key as well. Happy grows.

Anthem

Anthem

Typically you have a sealed room in you are increasing CO2 levels. There is no way to run a portable AC and enrich Co2 cost effectivally.

Ponky

Ponky

Seal the box ac into the tent. The cold side will only recirculate inside the tent. Then get rid of the heat from then hot side with fans and windows

MrBrazilGrows

MrBrazilGrows

Regulate the temperature of the room that the tent is in and you won’t have that issue. An intake fan blowing the cool regulated air into the tent and an exhaust fan exhausting the air when needed. That’ll help with the depletion of the co2. Air circulation in the tent is key as well. Happy grows.
Is the exhaust hose too longThat is a very good question. It is
Is the exhaust hose too long?
The hose is apeoximately 7 or 8 feet long. I didn’t think it was but now this is making me think. I’ll try to remove it and see what happens. Thank you!

MrBrazilGrows

MrBrazilGrows

Seal the box ac into the tent. The cold side will only recirculate inside the tent. Then get rid of the heat from then hot side with fans and windows
I have a small window unit I could use for this. I was also thinking about modifying the electronics so that it turns on the compressor instantaneously.

freezeland2

freezeland2

The hose is apeoximately 7 or 8 feet long. I didn’t think it was but now this is making me think. I’ll try to remove it and see what happens. Thank you!
Think of that exhaust like back pressure on a muffler. The longer the more back pressure.

Ponky

Ponky

I have a small window unit I could use for this. I was also thinking about modifying the electronics so that it turns on the compressor instantaneously.
Small window unit is perfect. It has separate hot side and cold side. Just have to seal it really well and keep the light from leaking in. And of course support with some mind of frame

Latest posts

Top Bottom