Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Block Buster 6"

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Just use the Super Sun 2 and save your $$$

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
justiceman

justiceman

Hey guys last run I used a Super Sun 2 hood from sun systems with a 600w hortilux and I got great results. However I noticed the the spread was more like a rectangular pillar of light then a uniform 4x4 spread.

So I am considering upgrading my hood in order to cover a 4x4 tent with the most effective 600w spread. The choices I have come up with are as follows:
Magnum XXXL 6" Dimensions: 32 1/2" long x 26 1/4" wide x 7 3/4" tall.
Blockbuster 6" Dimensions: 25 1/2" long x 25 1/2" wide x 10" tall.
Or should I just stick with the
Super Sun 2 6" Dimensions: 26 ¼" long x 13" wide x 8 " tall.

At the moment I am leaning towards the Block buster because it's L and W dimensions are exactly the same so theoretically it should put out the most even light spread, however I have heard the Magnum XXXL 6" gives off an excellent spread as well. Ah the choices.

winta

winta

im wit u justice i wanna know the same thing my dude thats about the size of my room!

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
XXXL Magnums are married for a 4x4 table PERIOD>>>Biggest footprint in the industry<<<>>>Started with 1 and now own 6:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

justiceman

justiceman

XXXL Magnums are married for a 4x4 table PERIOD>>>Biggest footprint in the industry<<<>>>Started with 1 and now own 6:)

:passingjoint:

gtd
Ya i mean I have heard great things about the magnum xxxl. The only reason I am hesitating about getting one is because the sun systems site says that the Block buster is perfect for a 4 x 4 spread. I am afraid that if I get the magnum the light will be spread out too much and the intensity in turn will diminish.

But considering that you really like them and you claim that they cover your 4x4 table perfect that definitely spikes my interest. I also like how the magnum is shorter then both the block buster and the SS2.

I've heard the Blockbusters have sealing issues...

Really? Well i suppose that's nothing some high temp aluminum tape can't fix. Thanks for letting me know that though.

Basically money isn't the issue either I am more then willing to shell out the extra $ for the Magnum If it gives off a good spread for a 600w light in a 4x4 tent. Man I am right on the fence like a teeter-toter.

X

Xceptional

in a 4 x 4 tent with a 600 i think the magnum is slight overkill. i think you can do 5 x 5 with a magnum just fine. in fact i just finished with 2 1k lights in 6" magnums and i used each one to cover a 5 x 5. if you have the money and you really want to upgrade for some reason and you think you will go into a bigger room one day go for the magnum. if not i think i would just go with the reflector you have.

L

LBZ Farmer

I have the Blockbuster Seems ok and When I bought the set-up I told them I want the best 4 x 4 set-up doesn't matter the cost and I got a 600Watt with the Blockbuster. They could have easily sold me more expensive stuff...

Venom818

Venom818

Just got a magnum xxxl 6" its the shit night and day compared to my last hood that cost the same.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I am loving my xxxl. I have 1000w in mine. I was wondering if the 600 did as well. I have my 600 in super sun and was wondering if it was worth getting a xxxl for it too.

It seems like the as the hood gets closer the footprint will shrink to fit the appropiate size bulb.

What do you think lollipopman? would you still get the mag for your 600 if you doing it again?

lollipopman

lollipopman

I am loving my xxxl. I have 1000w in mine. I was wondering if the 600 did as well. I have my 600 in super sun and was wondering if it was worth getting a xxxl for it too.

It seems like the as the hood gets closer the footprint will shrink to fit the appropiate size bulb.

What do you think lollipopman? would you still get the mag for your 600 if you doing it again?

hell yeah i would.. the way i look at it is a 600 covers a 3x3 area and the hood is almost that size. i wish they made one thats 48x48 for a 1000..

B

been

It seems like the best option off the shelf. It can't compete with a custom design, but for convenience it just seems unbeatable.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
While the Magnum will spread the light more, I do believe it is overkill in a 4x4 tent. The Blockbuster is designed to put out a 4x4 square footprint. You will get more intense light with the Blockbuster in a 4x4 area.

KAL EL

KAL EL

While the Magnum will spread the light more, I do believe it is overkill in a 4x4 tent. The Blockbuster is designed to put out a 4x4 square footprint. You will get more intense light with the Blockbuster in a 4x4 area.

This is true.
Best 4 x 4 footprint. I heard they fixed the loose seal problems.

Top Bottom