4x4 tray 2 lights which one or both? 45 clone SOG

• Thread starter made402
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

made402

OK, First I would like to say HI!! Ive been growing for a while now mainly in soil but I got sick of the bugs so I switched over to hyro a few years ago.

Ive recently bought a 4x4 table because I wanted to give SOG a try in hyro...I have a 1k and a 600 I planned on using just the 1k but Im starting to lean towards both. The question is, I want to buy another 1k and just run 2k watts over the tray but would that be overkill? Should I just run the two I have or just stick with the single 1k? Please keep in mind Im going to veg. roughly 45 clones to around 11 inches for this run. Thanks for the help : )

W

WilliamsWonder

You only need the 1000 watter for the job. And, you say you're going to grow 45 on a 4x4? You should only be putting about 9 per 4x4.

M

made402

Thanks for the input, Anyone else? I understand that 1k will do the job but the question is will it do the job with 45 clones? Im not doing this number for any other reason than I refuse to throw half of them away and Im not going to bring the fungus gnat atack back in the house with soil.

Should I just suck it up and toss some or run 2 lights and start a journal so everyone can see the ups and down?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
1K in a 4x4 produces 62.5 watts/square foot, just about ideal for growing MJ. Doubling that with another 1K system would creat more issues than benefits IMHO, but hell I'm usually wrong. 45 clones will do nice in SOG for ya, I did 60 in a 3x4 and it was tight.

jj

P

PurplePirate

Great info fellas! I'm looking to do something silmilar.

Top Bottom