4x4 tray in 4x4 tent?

• Thread starter Mike Hawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Possible? I have seen a couple grows with this setup and I have seen some say they don't fit. I'm trying to find out before I buy one. I've a couple trays with 48" x 48" outside dimension, seems like it would work?

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

so whats your question? if you have trays that outside diameter is 48", why wouldnt it?

i have some that are 49", so make sure they are true 48's, most 4x4 trays are 54" x 54" cause of the lip, 3x3 deep trays fit in a 4x4 perfect or the low tides are the 49", and if you have at an angle for drain then they fit

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

so whats your question? if you have trays that outside diameter is 48", why wouldnt it?

i have some that are 49", so make sure they are true 48's, most 4x4 trays are 54" x 54" cause of the lip, 3x3 deep trays fit in a 4x4 perfect or the low tides are the 49", and if you have at an angle for drain then they fit
I don't have any trays yet. My question is which ones fit in a 4x4 tent since different manufacturers have slightly different measurements.

I've seen a couple that had a 48" outer dimension so just wondering if that would work with no problems. I don't have the tent yet it's on the way so just trying to plan out my next setup to make the most efficient use of the space that's all bro.

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

It would be tight for sure..

It really depends on if the tents going to be sealed or not imo.. If your going to have it vented\passive intakes you're going to need the bottum intakes of the tent, which will be blocked by the bed in a 4x4...

4x4 beds fit perfect in a 5x5..

Hope that helps bro.. ~ODB~

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

It would be tight for sure..

It really depends on if the tents going to be sealed or not imo.. If your going to have it vented\passive intakes you're going to need the bottum intakes of the tent, which will be blocked by the bed in a 4x4...

4x4 beds fit perfect in a 5x5..

Hope that helps bro.. ~ODB~
Thanks for the feedback bro. It is going to be vented so you're right I will need those intakes free. I'd go with a 5x5 if I could but due to space constraints I got to go with a 4x4. I didn't really want to run a 3x3 tray in there cuz that's a lot of space lost but maybe it's the best option? :(

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I had a tray in a 4x4 hydrohut no problem. Ok, there was one problem, it block the lower vents, so I opened an upper vent. Problem solved! No problem!

outwest

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

What kind of filters were you using on the intakes Outwest? Also how far up are the vents? Sorry not too familiar with the Hydrohuts. ~ODB~

S

ssteely71

Thanks for the feedback bro. It is going to be vented so you're right I will need those intakes free. I'd go with a 5x5 if I could but due to space constraints I got to go with a 4x4. I didn't really want to run a 3x3 tray in there cuz that's a lot of space lost but maybe it's the best option? :(
How much light you planning on using ?What style of growing. ?What medium ? A 3x3 tray sounds good if it's soil in pots. Leaves you room to vent from top and bottom and room for fans.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

How much light you planning on using ?What style of growing. ?What medium ? A 3x3 tray sounds good if it's soil in pots. Leaves you room to vent from top and bottom and room for fans.
1000w dtw in 2 gallon smart pots of coco/perlite. I'm shooting for something like this setup here:

S

ssteely71

Just curious how you plan plan to control temps and humidity inside the tent? And how much airflow across the plants? all important factors if your pushing 1000w.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Just curious how you plan plan to control temps and humidity inside the tent? And how much airflow across the plants? all important factors if your pushing 1000w.
I am running a 600 in a 2x4x5 right now. My environment is pretty much under control. The only thing I'll be adding is a portable ac.

S

ssteely71

You will need room for your AC friend. I hope you get it all worked out.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

You will need room for your AC friend. I hope you get it all worked out.
Thanks, everything is worked out except the table setup. Everything is in a big walk in closet, so I made sure to leave plenty of room for my portable ac, veg/mother/clone area etc. That's why I ended up with a 4x4 instead of a 5x5.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

You can run the AC on the outside, just rig up venting so it blows directly into the tent. @KILLERCHEF420 has some photos of this rig in one of his threads.

outwest
Good looking out, that's a killer idea and the same type of ac I have. I was thinking of having the ac just blow into the closet around the tent and let the the inline fan draw in the outside air through the intake vents but may have to go with @KILLERCHEF420 's idea if still have problems. Definitely saved these photos for future reference.

Camdawg

Camdawg

I always noticed some give in the walls of my tents I'm pretty sure you could fit a 4x4 tray in a 4x4 tent worst case scenario hacksaw off the lip

urban1026835

urban1026835

i have a line tied around my tent poles and use cups against the tent and line like -[]- (cup being the box) to keep negative pressure and still get the extra little room rom the slack that is normally sucked inward.

guessing I could fit a true 4x4 tray no problem but each tent is a little different because I know my 3x3 would not take a 3x3.

Top Bottom