4x8 grow room 1000watt vent help please:)

• Thread starter Door2theUnivers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Door2theUnivers

Hey friends, Just got my MM:party0044:L and all set for a legit setup here in the states!

My set up is in the basement, I have cleaned and plastic off the 20x20 room.

I got a 4x8 x6.5 tall grow tent (for flowering)

with a 1000 watt hps large umbrella style hood.

The tent has 6in exaust holes in it , I was wondering if a 424 cfm 6 in with a carbon filter hooked up was going to do the trick for heat?

Im a new englander summers hit 90's winters hit - degrees.
I dont think air intake from outsides going to happen,

My plan is to take air from the basement, filter it then use that as intake and exaust it up the furnance chimny via the cleaning port, I dont think pumping it it to another area of the attic will help the heat issues? do you?

I am setting up a 24 spot GH style pvc pipe hyrdro system

so my main questions are, Is my umbrella hood no good for heat in that tent?

Will 6in 424 cfm high velocity fan with a carbon filter be enought excaust to pull that heat from the 1000 watt?

Thanks in advance!

D

Door2theUnivers

any sugesstions?

any one have any suggestions does any one think a ice box or portable ac is needed for summer?

J

jakew215

so my main questions are, Is my umbrella hood no good for heat in that tent?

Will 6in 424 cfm high velocity fan with a carbon filter be enought excaust to pull that heat from the 1000 watt?

Thanks in advance!

1: Yes, it is not ideal. but if the surrounding room is cool enough you could possibly get away with it.

2: IMO. No, if you want to do this, get a 6" vented hood.

on a side note, you might wanna spring for a quality tent, ive heard of off gassing and leaking light.

beezleb878

beezleb878

I wouldnt run that reflector. In my opinion, use air cooled lights for that setup.

O

Oregonic

The tents that gas off and kill your ladies have a white pvc liner and the glue they used to attach it is the culprit. A 6" would be enough to cool the hood if you had a nice cool air source to pull from, oh and an air cooled hood.... can pick one up for 100 dollar bill and will be worth every penny!

J

jakew215

The tents that gas off and kill your ladies have a white pvc liner and the glue they used to attach it is the culprit. A 6" would be enough to cool the hood if you had a nice cool air source to pull from, oh and an air cooled hood.... can pick one up for 100 dollar bill and will be worth every penny!

not white.

read the note from greners at bottom.

E

Element4NorCal

First the tent you need to have is one with the reflective lining because off gassing will occur. The other farmers are correct. I had this happen a few years ago and it is horrible. You cant figure out why your plants are turning whitish and seem to be over watered, burned, nute burned and overall vigor will dwindle til the plants just die. It was very sad and confusing since all the usual plants problems and solutions did not apply to this issue and its a gas so you cant see it. Fortunately we got a replacement shipped free of charge for the issue but were still out a whole crop and was stopped out on a major grow.

I would recommend the Hydrohut 4x8 Silver Edition

The reflector is definitely not right for the tent situation either. You need either an air cooled hood or water cooled since heat buildup will be an issue. Magnum XXXL 6in or 8in would work great and spreads the light better than most hoods in my opinion and you don't have problems with hot spots like with some other brands.

If you cannot return the other reflector you could use it in your 20x20 room for your veg plants since they don't need the light so close anyways and temps can be a little warmer when in veg as well.

O

Oregonic

not white.

read the note from greners at bottom.

umm... what? I didn't find anything indicating that the silver from hydrohut has an out gassing killing problem.... I know for a fact some cheap ebay WHITE pvc tents have that issue, not sure what your disputing. I know his isn't white if thats what you meant... anyways....:icon_spin:

J

jakew215

umm... what? I didn't find anything indicating that the silver from hydrohut has an out gassing killing problem.... I know for a fact some cheap ebay WHITE pvc tents have that issue, not sure what your disputing. I know his isn't white if thats what you meant... anyways....:icon_spin:

i stand corrected, i could of sworn in the review at the bottom there they stated standing inside for a few minutes and feeling sick to there stomachs from the gasses inside.

i was sure it was there thats why i went directly to there link. i did a lot of research on tents and found jardin and growlab to be far superior products. IMO and from reading others opinions.

and i dont think your "only white" tents gas off is 100 percent correct. i could be wrong though, obviously wouldnt be the first time...

D

Door2theUnivers

thanks for the replys

The tent states completly non toxic in the info , can any one confirm i will have this white gas issue?

I actually ordered a 740 cfm 10in carbon filter fan combo and we are going to cut out a hole on the reflector and hook the 10 in right to it, any one think thats going to work?

J

jakew215

The tent states completly non toxic in the info , can any one confirm i will have this white gas issue?

I actually ordered a 740 cfm 10in carbon filter fan combo and we are going to cut out a hole on the reflector and hook the 10 in right to it, any one think thats going to work?

its not a sealed reflector? as for off gassing I DO NOT KNOW, all i KNOW is that ive read many reviews about Jardin and seem to be hands down the best. im not sure which ones do and dont off gas.

as for the reflector working with a fan i dont see what your talking about... pics would be helpful...

J

JohnnyHigh

Will this tent be able to support the weight of the carbon filter, fan and hood?

A link or pic of what your buying will help the other fellow farmers help you better.

F

fuzzy

I have one like whats in the first post.I hang 3 hoods and a 6 in eco440 fan off the hangers.They give you extra hangers that hang a couple in. lower than the frame.When i bought mine,i made sure to ask about toxicity.The guy said that it was on the poly tents.Hope this helps.Been using mine for about a yr now w/o any problems. peace,fuzzy:cool0019:

Top Bottom