4x8 Grow Tent Set Up Help.

• Thread starter bladez2k2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bladez2k2

I have a 4 ft wide x8 ft long x 7ft high grow tent and was looking for some help for some ideas for a setup.

I am planning on growing white widow from seed, at first, then gonna clone and do a perpetual grow.

I got a 1000 watt switchable ballast, with both MH/HPS bulbs. I got a 600 watt switchable ballast as well with both types of bulbs, and 400 watt ballast and bulbs. 4 - 4ft T5 single lights, 2 6 inch cooltubes, one 3ft long with a socket at each end so i have a MH, and HPS in it, just simple enough to change what cord is connected to the ballast without switching the bulb in the cooltube. I got a 4 ft diameter vertical hanging hood, a 6 inch fan with enough cfm to clear the entire tent in 1 min, a can filter, a muffler, all the ducting, multiple timers, a couple 6"fans, etc. |(tons more crap i gotta dig out of my garage including a sentinal master digital controller, etc)

idea 1:I was thinking of dividing the tent into 2 sections by putting up a divider either in the center and running 2 flower chambers alternating on and off times so you always have one light on, keeping a constant draw, and doing veg in a different 5ft long x 3ft wide x6 ft tall tent with a 400 watt veg setup.

or

idea 2: Divide the 4x8 tent offset 3x4 on one side 5x4 on the other. one side to veg, and the other to flower. I know you need twice as much room to flower as to veg.

eventually thinking of going with either a KindLED 750/1000 or a 16 tube T5 light to flower with once i have the cash, will help reduce heat output dramatically.

Stoney M

Stoney M

It's a tough one. If you're looking to continue the strain on for further projects then yes obviously a 2nd compartment or separate 75cm2 x 130cm tall mother box would be ideal. And space to propagate.
If you're happy to go with the seed option every time then poss maximise 10 ladies in your whole space.
Medium wise I think most would agree bio bizz for example for soil and their grow bloom and top max are sufficient enough to produce good results. I've been using their products for 10 years on and off when I've farmed. Some might disagree or have their own way of doing theirs. But it's pretty cost effective when coming to lay out also.

Stoney M

Stoney M

Any other opinions greatly appreciated. I can learn a thing or two myself from comments.

Stoney M

Stoney M

It's a tough one. If you're looking to continue the strain on for further projects then yes obviously a 2nd compartment or separate 75cm2 x 130cm tall mother box would be ideal. And space to propagate.
If you're happy to go with the seed option every time then poss maximise 10 ladies in your whole space.
Medium wise I think most would agree bio bizz for example for soil and their grow bloom and top max are sufficient enough to produce good results. I've been using their products for 10 years on and off when I've farmed. Some might disagree or have their own way of doing theirs. But it's pretty cost effective when coming to lay out also.
Only grown widow a couple times years ago. Impressive plant. Most were around the 90cm mark at the end in 30 litre pots. Exodus cheese in the same size pots grew to 5ft easy. Both indica but the widow took longer to veg to a substantial size before I was happy turning the lights back.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I've got a 4x8 ,same tent...i started out with a divide in the middle,I've done hps,and led grows in it.ive gone two 315 ceramic metal halides now.one each end..crazy bright,fills the tent with light.making the best weed ive grown atm.....if your gonna buy new tech,go cmh route bro.i had a horrible time trying to keep the divide ,duck taped up,in a humid environment...lol.gave up after second run...good luck mate....
super soil,no neuts,no ppms,no ph....love it....

Stoney M

Stoney M

I'm lucky enough to have the 3 stages I need but the next lvl is getting a decent rotation going. How I managed to persuade the missus to have a tent in our bedroom I'm still not sure. 1.2 x 2 x 2 isn't exactly small. She's a good girl :)

keiksweat

keiksweat

I'm lucky enough to have the 3 stages I need but the next lvl is getting a decent rotation going. How I managed to persuade the missus to have a tent in our bedroom I'm still not sure. 1.2 x 2 x 2 isn't exactly small. She's a good girl :)
my Mrs won't even make me a cup a tea bro....marry her.lol.

M

Matt420Man

I've got a 4x8 ,same tent...i started out with a divide in the middle,I've done hps,and led grows in it.ive gone two 315 ceramic metal halides now.one each end..crazy bright,fills the tent with light.making the best weed ive grown atm.....if your gonna buy new tech,go cmh route bro.i had a horrible time trying to keep the divide ,duck taped up,in a humid environment...lol.gave up after second run...good luck mate....
super soil,no neuts,no ppms,no ph....love it....

What do you mean Super Soil? no nutes no ppms and no PH.... is that even possible

Stoney M

Stoney M

Is it cost effective to make your own soil when I can buy a bag of all mix for £12.50 here in the uk?

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

What do you mean Super Soil? no nutes no ppms and no PH.... is that even possible

you better research and find out what such common terms over the last 20 years mean! wow who doesn't know what supersoil is?

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

@bladez2k2 Just get another tent, I'm sure if secret jardin or gorilla grow tents had intended for the use of the tent to have partition in the middle, they would have made that way point blank. It is one thing to have a room of 20 lights and another room of 20 but two lights.. Even in a 4x4 space too 600 watt vs 1000 watt would be better.

B

bladez2k2

WHats better LEC315 CMH or 2000w BestvaLED, anyone actually tried growing with one yet?

Top Bottom