• Thread starter Sencinitas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sencinitas

Hi everyone. I'm currently planning my next grow. Here's the specs:

-5x10 Tent
-(2) 8" Blockbuster Reflectors
-(2) 1000 w. digital ballasts (one next gen and one lumatek)
-(2) 1000 w. bulbs (duh)
-8" Vortex fan cooling the lights
-10,000 btu portable a/c
(2) 4x4 flood tables
(1 or 2) 50 gal res (depending on if I run 1 or 2 strains)

I plan to put 32 clones on each table.

Flood n drain, with hydroton because that's what I'm familiar with. If anyone has a good reason I should do otherwise I'd love to hear it.

Now my question is, what style grow should I do?

At first I was thinking a S.O.G. But I've never done s.o.g. before so I don't know if I have enough plants. I'm trying to get MAX YIELDS (aren't we all:))

With my plant #'s would it be better if I did a scrog instead?

Keep in mind that I'd like to keep veg time to a minimum, but at the same, if it significantly increases my yield I'm pretty much up for anything.

FYI: I can't really add any more plant #'s. I'm trying to keep it under a 100 and I plan to grow out some mothers and veg a few plants while these babies flower.

Any and all comments/ suggestions/ questions are very much welcome and appreciated.

Sooooo...... Whad'ya think?

F

FromGROtoFLO

32 per 4x8 would be a SOG....you would only run like 12-14 plants on a 4x8 for a scrog and you'd be vegging for a month +. Run 32 per table, veg for a couple weeks, under cut the hell out of the plant and let it roll. I almost did that count and setup but decided to scrap veg entirely and do 120 per 4x8 in coco beds.

S

Sencinitas

Wassup GrotoFlo. Thanks for the feedback.

So SOG...cool. That's what I was thinkin. Veg to about 8-12 in, then flip to 12/12. When should I lollipop? While still in veg or right when I flip? Or after flowering for a couple weeks?

What made you go with the coco beds. What advantages do the beds have to single pots? How do you go about feeding/watering? (hand wtr, flood n' drain, etc)

Your Gallery looks amazing by the way.

F

FromGROtoFLO

My bad i just realize you said 32 per 4x4!
The beds are legit, endless root zone. A plant in the bottom left corner of the bed will stretch out to the top right corner. It's crazy. I hand water, it seems to be the most efficient but I will be setting up a drip system per row for just straight water.

Veg time really depends on the strain, bushy strains are going to take allot of maintance to keep things from overcrowding. You may want to consider a SATIVA dominant strain to get that tall thin plant that will keep your canopy open and able to breathe. at 32 per 4x4 table I would run the 2 gal smart pots, veg anywhere from 1-2 weeks, from clone and flip, lollipop the babys right when you flip, they will shoot! As far as veg you may be able to eliminate it especially if youre running straight hydroton, the growth is explosive in that stuff, youre really going to have to experiment. wait until week 3 or so to do another thin to open everything up.

If i were you I would just run 1 4x8 in that tent filled about 6 inches with hydroton (because its re-usable) put your clones in and give them around a week to get past that transplant shock and lollipop and flip em. Run one res and hand water. that be simple and convenient

S

Sencinitas

The roots having more room in a bed makes sense. For my next grow I was planning on doing 3 or 5 gal smart pots w/ coco, Now you've got me thinkin about a bed instead.

I think hand-watering prob works best for coco. But for hydroton I think it's better to have an automated system. The hydroton pretty much holds no water so watering has to be done multiple times a day. ESPECIALLY when the lights are on. During my last run I forgot to plug my pump back in after cleaning. Checked on them during the last few hours of lights on in 12/12 and in that short amount of time my plants were starting to wilt and looking like they were about to die. I gave them a quick flood and within 45 min. they were back to their healthy normal selves. I believe with hydroton the idea is to feed as often as possible... but I could be misinformed. I want to do either flood n' drain or a recirculating drip. I'll prob. just end up going with flood n drain because I'm familiar with it.

Sativa Dom. Strain huh? I will def. keep that in mind when I'm clone shopping.

I already have (2) 4x4's and I don't want to buy any more equipment right now. I suppose I could 2 4x4 beds filled w/ hydroton. But then the plants are stuck in the tray and I can't take them out to clean the bottom/ drain.

As far as 1 or 2 res's. I already have 2. One would make life more simple but if I run two dif strains I want to be able to tailor the ppm's to each strains liking. I'll be working with new strains so if one's a heavy eater and the others not then either someone's going hungry or getting burnt. Last run I used PBP with the full line of additives. The PH stayed at 5.8 the WHOLE time. I literally just put the nutes in and it was done. No adjusting EVER. It was rad.

F

FromGROtoFLO

I just did an experiment with my mix and threw a few inches of hydroton on the bottoms of my pots and they dry way faster but it still takes a couple days. I'd recommend mixing something with the hydroton so youre not watering all day, youre water will probably go bad quicker. Flood n drain is a good idea. I do notice more growth on the plants with hydroton on the bottom of the pots then without because they need more overal watering.

Go for it, the beds are legit and you can definitly re-use the hydroton if you clean it properly. Save allot of time and money.

hiboy

hiboy

u ever use rw?
with coco matts below.
simple set up for flood and drain. wouldnt flood coco obviously
check out my flood tables in my thread. 15 plants per 4x8 table.
h

page 11 will interest u

F

FromGROtoFLO

DOne that, its legit and very consistant. Only HUGE difference is the fact you can re-use the hydroton several times.

S

Sencinitas

I've never tried rockwool. I considered it but I don't want to have to deal with the rw being too wet. I'll check your thread out. I'm still open to any and all suggestions.

hiboy

hiboy

How much did you yield from that 7k grow?
7 k grow hasnt finished yet, its only the second week but u should see what i just got from my other grow. ITs in the same grow log.
h
I've never tried rockwool. I considered it but I don't want to have to deal with the rw being too wet. I'll check your thread out. I'm still open to any and all suggestions.

I rocked the rw . With correct watering lengths and coco matts below it drains no problemo.
Dont care about buying a few coco matts and rw cubes, might cost 300-bucks or so but pulling 25k its not even a drop in the bucket
h

hiboy

hiboy

DOne that, its legit and very consistant. Only HUGE difference is the fact you can re-use the hydroton several times.

yes u can save by cleaning all that hydroton, but what a pain. I may spend for new mediums but it aint nada bro. Ive seen wifi in coco but i think rw is what it likes, or i just rocked it hard
h

S

Sencinitas

hiboy- I'm reading you thread right now. tons of helpful info. thnx

S

s33dling

Coco is a good way to grow but not the exact same as growing pure hydroponics with clay pebbles. I would research coco more and stick with what you know for a grow or two.

Top Bottom