4x8 tent 1200w= 1gpw.... what will 1800 or 2000w upgrade do?

• Thread starter aaxxeell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aaxxeell

4x8 tent 1200w= good meds @ 1gpw.... what will 1800w do?

hey guys i can currently get between 0.8 to 1gram per watt with my 1200w 4x8 tent and happy with efficiency but i'd like to bump up my watts per square from a ordinary 37.5 to somewhere in the 50-75 range as everyone says is the "SWEETSPOT"

In hope of improving my meds i'd like to try 1800w as i have the spare gear allready...
I'd really love to boost my resin production, density and overall quality.
oh and as a bonus bigger total yield without increasing plant numbers or op size

has anyone had experience in this area?
oh and im also unsure if my gpw would rise or fall?

AX :banana1sv6:

G

guilty

Was just wondering if you could give some more info on the setup you have going. Seems you have it pretty dialed already.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Id say if you go from 2x600's to 2 1k's and wish to keep plant numbers the same grab some bigger pots to fill that ground space and a longer veg time to get that sturdy canopy, my only concern is that 32 sq feet is the exact amount of canopy you try to achieve for 2 1000w fixtures so your grow room will be very very very crowded, but if you can rig your way around everything being outside your tent than so be it id say go for it, and if you keep conditions the same i think your gpw might go down a bit the first few runs of playing with it, but overall it will still be alot more dense and def a way bigger yield, but like ^^^^ said if you could give the exact specs of the room it would help a ton

J

jakesterjammin

hey guys i can currently get between 0.8 to 1gram per watt with my 1200w 4x8 tent and happy with efficiency but i'd like to bump up my watts per square from a ordinary 37.5 to somewhere in the 50-75 range as everyone says is the "SWEETSPOT"

In hope of improving my meds i'd like to try 1800w as i have the spare gear allready...
I'd really love to boost my resin production, density and overall quality.
oh and as a bonus bigger total yield without increasing plant numbers or op size

has anyone had experience in this area?
oh and im also unsure if my gpw would rise or fall?

AX :banana1sv6:
Well it has been proven in many grows studies (including my own personal ones) that the more light you can supply to the plants the faster they will grow, larger buds you will get (strain dependent of course), thus higher yields..

Personally I always try and shoot for at least 65w per sq ft or at least 8,000 lumen per sq ft...
Right now I'm setting up a chamber that will be 90w per sq ft. for a SCRoG..
It will be a 2' x 10' lit with three 600w lamps..

I run a 4x8 tent and use two 1000w lamps in it...
But I wish that I would have went with three 600w lamps, which would have given me less watts per sq ft. but almost just as much lumen per sq ft., and also better light dispersement..

There is a thread over at mycotopia where this guy runs 4 exact size chambers (2-1/2' x 5'), but one of the chambers he ran a 600w (about 60w per) as opposed to the 1000w (about 100w per) in the other chambers.. He claims an average 32 zips from the 1000w chambers, and only 15 zips from the 600w chamber...

Not saying his figures are 100% creditable, just saying what he claims..

But I too have tested this in a 3x3 tent... I started out with 400w (44w per sq.) and then using the same mother for clones, I upped the lamp to a 600w (66w per) and increased my yields 4-5 zips per grow..

The plants did not get bigger, I did not get more budding sites, but the buds were larger, denser, and thus heavier in weight... So it is clear to me personally, the more light you supply (to a point anyway), the more you will increase the yields...

If you can get away with controlling the heat, personally I'd go with four 600w lamps (75w per sq.) in that 4x8 tent...

A

aaxxeell

thanx for the replies guys,
specs:
4x8 tent
6" canfan
2x 600w aircooled hps (1 is lumatek)
2x 4ft trays
ebb flow in either 4 or 6" hydroton pots
2x 40gal rez's
2x 100w heaters set to 64-68
2x 18" circ boxfans
flood every 2hrs until wk3 flower, then every 2hrs daytime and twice at night
use 1ml/gal 50% h202 every 3 days
cheap A+B, Cheap PK (but happilly just switched to H&G)
ph5.6-6.2
EC 1.2-2.2
SOG style (plant #'s usually 36 per tray, 25-55 sometimes)
strains usually my white russians and critical mass
5-14days veg, 56-63 flower
defoliate approx wk 1 and 3 flower

hmm cant think of much more

so i got curious and banged in the 3rd 600!!!
cooltubes touching end to end and theres 6" space each end of tent LOL,
but the spread whoops 2lights! the LUMINATOR is what ive dubbed it, im at approx wk5 now, so quality and yields prob wont drastically improve much this run, but hey Being a thcFarmer is all about experimenting

AX:banana1sv6:

G

Gaval

more light = more trimming!
1 gpw is great what strain an nutes you use?

J

jakesterjammin

so i got curious and banged in the 3rd 600!!!
cooltubes touching end to end and theres 6" space each end of tent LOL,
but the spread whoops 2lights! the LUMINATOR is what ive dubbed it, im at approx wk5 now, so quality and yields prob wont drastically improve much this run, but hey Being a thcFarmer is all about experimenting

AX:banana1sv6:
Sounds nice...
But personally I would have not went end to end..
I would have went with side by side...

You'll get better light coverage that way...
But 56.25w per sq is a lot better than 37.5w per sq....

Doing SOG, I would try my best to get that tent to 75 watts per sq.
You'll get much fuller and heavier buds...

Like I say, I'm going to push 1800w in 20'sq, so 90w per sq to do a SCRoG...
Even if I have to spend the money on a chiller and some heat exchangers.. :sweating

more light = more trimming!
1 gpw is great what strain an nutes you use?
Just kind of reread that guy's thread at mycotopia and he claims average 34-36 zips every 10' sq tent using Sensi Star...

So thats about 1-1/2g per sq...
(I think, shit I don't know I'm stoned right now... LOL)

Top Bottom