4'x8'x6.5 HTG tent 2 600 HPS's

• Thread starter 420med
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420med

Hello everyone

I just set up the tent with a 465 cmf inline fan with charcol filter (inside). I also have 2 6" clip on circulation fans but, due to temps I cant close the front of the tent. Its in a sealed garage thats pretty insulated (cold here in Denver). temps are about 78 on bottom of tent to about 83 at plant top I moved some girls in there that have about 3 weeks left till harvest. Humidity is low 15-30%. We have had warm days lately but not for long.

Should I invest in cool reflctor or tubes? If so how do I run it? what cfm fan? I have new clones ready to go in when these are done but dont want to screw them up.

thanks

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Are those temps with the tent closed or open?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would definately add a cool tube or air cooled hood to the mix. There are two 6" holes on the sides of the tent up in the top usually. The flange size on a cooltube is 6" so all you do is hang the cooltubes inside inline so that the air pulls from outside the tent, through the cooltubes and out the other side. The same size 465cfm should be fine or even a little smaller.

With the cooltubes and exhaust fans you should be fine. I found it actually runs cooler or more controlled with the doors closed oddly enough.

I have blown out a few tents and provided you get all the air and heat issues resolved they are great.

Tex

420med

I would definately add a cool tube or air cooled hood to the mix. There are two 6" holes on the sides of the tent up in the top usually. The flange size on a cooltube is 6" so all you do is hang the cooltubes inside inline so that the air pulls from outside the tent, through the cooltubes and out the other side. The same size 465cfm should be fine or even a little smaller.

With the cooltubes and exhaust fans you should be fine. I found it actually runs cooler or more controlled with the doors closed oddly enough.

I have blown out a few tents and provided you get all the air and heat issues resolved they are great.

Tex

I really appreciate it bro. I'll PM you back as soon as I have 10 posts. They wont let me yet.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Once you use cool tubes or aircooled hoods you may never switch back , it's that nice .:dance

S

Smart Calyx

my god it makes such a difference. i can lay my hand on the glass of my tubes.... not even warm enough to melt butter.... they will make you wonder why youve wasted the money on batwings. i will admit though, come winter time i break the batwings out to keep the temps up.....

R

ringworm

1000watter in an air cooled hood and a fan......In a 4x4 tent i hit 78/80max and i did about the same in my 3x3 with the same light! LOL Air cooled is the way for me man! Good luck! :hi

420med

I'm either going to get the cool tubes/reflectors or add my t5's to the tent and make it the veg room. I have a spare corner area for flowering if needed.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You could get (2) air-cooled hoods for the 600's and mount them inline on a mover inside the 4x8, now that's the shit

Tex

420med

You could get (2) air-cooled hoods for the 600's and mount them inline on a mover inside the 4x8, now that's the shit

Tex

Have any strain recommendations? I was thinking of ordering from attitude via nirvana (white Rhino) or (ak47) from serious. Any recommendations I've only grown a couple times. Want about 50/50 yeild to smoke with 1 indica plant and 1 sativa.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
For the money Nirvana is hard to beat..White Rhino is a good one, K2, ICE, Jock Horror, Aurora Indica...etc all kick pretty good

I would stay away from the serious seeds stuff for a grow or two plus those will cost ya some change compared to Nirvana, That's just me...

Tex

S

Smart Calyx

seems like they have some really strong genetics here on the auctions... tks right about serious, maybe nirvanas ak48, or if you can manage to get your hands on just about any mandala genetics, very reasonably priced, good for anyone from novice to the elite. if your plannin on growin sativas and indicas, you may as well get two lights. makes it so much easier to handle. no moving and rearranging plants....anywho...

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Air cooling is definitely recommended. With air cooling you can get your lights closer to the plants, which greatly increases the efficiency of your light. The Inverse Square Law of Light dictates that light diminishes exponentially every foot traveled, so keeping your lights closer would make a great deal of sense. This will keep your plants happier, and ultimately as well, you.
|The Kind Man|
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

p.s. make sure the hot air is exhausted out of the room so it wont effect the room temperature, especially if that is where you're getting your fresh cool air from.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
p.s. make sure the hot air is exhausted out of the room so it wont effect the room temperature, especially if that is where you're getting your fresh cool air from.

Excellent advice...

Tex

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Thanks Tex. Just a simple thing most people (including myself :tongueout) underestimate the first time around.

420med

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to veg in the tent with my flouros and use a better ventilated area for flower area.

I think i'm gonna try the nirvana aurora indica and they come with 5 free g13 labs "power Skunk" from attitude.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Nice.....holler if ya need anything

Tex

Latest posts

Top Bottom