$5,000 budget for nothern new england gh

• Thread starter rickisonline
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rickisonline

Any thoughts on a greenhouse that would be sufficient to grow 24 - 30 plants in? I'm considering giving this a try this spring and have a budget of around $5,000. Considerations would be that I am in New England, with a pretty heavy snow load. I'd most likely shut the greenhouse down for the winter after a single harvest.

If anybody knows a good product or company that makes these I'd be interested in checking them out. Thanks in advance for your input.

cannabeans

cannabeans

farmtek.com

they will have a greenhouse that will suit your needs!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Build it your self using Artic style, almost an A fram. Use three ply polycarb ridgid plastic for greenhouses on the South and top with insulated walls on the North side. Paint the outer walling black on the northern side and lower East-West sides with white or reflective film on the inside.Wire for 230/120 and plum. Use heating coil around the base of the soil to keep the cold out from the roots and use supplimental lighting as needed. An other idea would to at some point add blackout rolled tarps on the pannels for flower set in Summer if you want that. You should also add heat for Winter growing but watch the humidity and don`t let it get dryed out inside. Anyway you could grow year around anywhere with the right set up and in doing so could have a smaller size set up which would save money, in the short run anyway.Winter growing would still be costly but not as much as indoor growing. I`ve seen greenhouses like this used year-a-round in northern Alaska!

drbombay

drbombay

farmtek and/or charleys greenhouse supply. if you can sink the side walls it helps a lot, insulate the exterior walls at least to feet out with rigid foam as a frost break ( six inches or so undersurface laid on the flat. insulate the wall also. store heat in water and raised soil beds. check solar days by month for your area. how cloudy in jan feb is the ? have fun

K

kolah

another old thread. :)

why can't people follow up on their posts? jeezus. The guy/gal asks for advice, people are kind enough to offer help and then they evaporate into cyberworld.

Top Bottom