5 600w hps verticle layout

• Thread starter LordDankinstien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Whats up people im trying to come up with a decent layout for 5 600w verticle hps in vented cooltubes I will be using a 13,000btu portable a/c to keep the area cool, for the first few runs I will be using all soil as my grow medium. Heres what Ive come up with the space will be 6x6 and everything will be spaced out evenly.

6x6.png

What do you guys think? Are 600's a waste of time to use verticle or would a standard horizontal hood serve me better. Any and all idea's are welcome, I choose the to use 600's because I already have 3 of them, and they run much cooler than the 1k's and I can afford a split a/c yet. So let me have it peeps what does everyone think? :fighting0085:

L

Lost

600's will work but you need to put them close to the plants. 1000's are a much better vert choise, but run what you got right? How about..
_ P P
PXPXP
_PXP
PXPXP
_p p

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Exactly my thoughts run what I got or dont run anything at all, I choose to have at leaste a piece of that cake for now even if I cant have the whole thing. So I think I like your layout better! Thanks man I planned on using 2 600cfm inline fans to vent the cool tubes, you think that is good? I also wonder what is the best way to hang these cool tubes. Here is a quick picture of your layout

6x6_v2.png

M

mrdizzle

Exactly my thoughts run what I got or dont run anything at all, I choose to have at leaste a piece of that cake for now even if I cant have the whole thing. So I think I like your layout better! Thanks man I planned on using 2 600cfm inline fans to vent the cool tubes, you think that is good? I also wonder what is the best way to hang these cool tubes. Here is a quick picture of your layout

6x6_v2.png

5x600w in a 6x6 space isnt going to work IMO, there isnt enough room for the lights and the plants, honestly a 6x6ft space you could run 1000w in the middle and 6 plants surrounding it trained towards the light

I ran that layout above with 1000ws and it worked great, I also did a vertical layout with 6-600w that yeilds over 5lbs with 18 plants looked like this, but the room is a 10x10

xxxxxxxxx
x o o o x
xxxxxxxxx
x o o o x
xxxxxxxxx

L

Lost

Did not realize the room was 6x6. That not alot of room for 5 600's hahahah :)

U

ugmjfarmer

1000's cost as much or cheaper than 600's if you go with coil ballasts, which all HPS bulbs are designed for. Why not just buy 5 1000's.

EDIT: 6x6???!! Your best bet is 1000w only. 5 bulbs will be hard to hang. Perhaps two shelves with 2000w, but that's realy really really small.

How do you expect to fit in such a room once the plants and bulbs get in there?

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I was trying to stick with a 3x3 foot print thats why I went with 6x6. The room size is 10x10 so I could go bigger. But like I was saying I was trying to stick with a 3x3 footprint that would give me 4 1.5' wide plants across which adds up to 6'. So what is the footprint for a 600w verticle bulb? Like I was saying I could go wider no problem up to 10x10 but I wanted to keep the bulbs close to the plants. Thanks guys I was thinking it would be a bit tight and thats why I posted this thread is for advice. Now that I think about it it would need to be larger to make space for the bulbs you guys are right. Thanks!!! and ohh yeah I already have 3 600's thats why Im not using 1k's plus I dont have an a/c that can cool 1k's either.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

i agree a vertical grow is not suited to your space. why go vertical if you can only fit 1 full grown plant? (or 4 smallish ones) if you're going to grow multiple, smaller plants, and use 600s with lower penetration than 1000w, vertical doesn't make sense to me. are you limited in plant numbers? imo you'd do better with 4 600s horizontally and sog.

vertical grows seem much lower efficiency than horizontal grows. 3 600s should give you nearly 4 lb (@ 1 g/w). 6 lights should yield 8 lb (ymmv).

L

Lost

Ive done a 4 bucket MPB in what was basically a 10x10. Yield was good..

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

i agree a vertical grow is not suited to your space. why go vertical if you can only fit 1 full grown plant? (or 4 smallish ones) if you're going to grow multiple, smaller plants, and use 600s with lower penetration than 1000w, vertical doesn't make sense to me. are you limited in plant numbers? imo you'd do better with 4 600s horizontally and sog.

vertical grows seem much lower efficiency than horizontal grows. 3 600s should give you nearly 4 lb (@ 1 g/w). 6 lights should yield 8 lb (ymmv).

see thats my concern is I should just go with a standard horizontal grow style. I am limited to a certain extent I want to stay within the CA limits. I know cali supreme court ruled plant limitations unconsitutional but im still worried. But like I said I have up to a 10x10 space but I dont want to space out those 600's too much.

M

mrdizzle

krunchbubble does 3000w vertical(3-1000ws) in an 8x8 space and pulls 6-7lbs with 20-30 plants.

you can easily do 8plants around two stacked 600w in a 6x6 space, or do 16 plants, 8 on the floor and 8 on a shelf and do 4-600w stacked. throw some screen up and train them towards the light during veg

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

hmm I may go with this layout just spread it out wider than 6x6. I know you guys said 10x10 but that seems a tad big for 600's to cover so Im thinking roughly 8x8 so that gives me 2' wide plants with 1' of width for the bulbs, it looks somthing like this, this picture is pretty close to scale, those are 2' wide plants in an 8x8 area. Like Ive said I can go a tad bigger I just dont want to get to far away from the plants.

8x8_v11.png

What Im thinking is the plants will be around 3' tall and 2' wide. What im wondering is if these plants will be big enough to yeild any good? I will being running strains that I pulled 2oz a plant on easy with 1 600w hps horizontal over 4 plants. What do you peeps think, lets say I ran some that has been very welll taken care of in soil that is 3' tall and 2' wide. What do you think I could pull per plant with this set up? I know thats a hard one to answer but im wondering if anyone has experience her with a similar set up.

M

mrdizzle

go for it bro, if it gets too tight then you can always adjust later, whats your medium going to be

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

FFOF soil for the first few runs, and then I probably will switch it up to mpb.

L

Lost

You might also consider coco. The great thing about coco is that you can do coco pots (its a cocomat in the form of a pot) that will go right into a netpot or bucket. You can veg everything the same and when you decide which ones look best, you can put them in a 10 inch netpot on a 5 gallon bucket for a week till the roots establish in the water (sometimes it takes 2 weeks to get a solid root mass in the water) then bam into the mpb's and the rest can be put in a 5 gallon bucket with more coco to take up the rest of the room and places where there is light coverage but no plants.

The cocomats baskets im talking about ae 8 inches, so fit easily into a 10 inch netpot or 3 gallon bucket. Sunleaves and sunlight supply both make them. One company is square (sunleaves, they rock) and im getting the 8 inch circular ones from sunlight supply in a few days to test out.

The feeding for both is the same and to feed my cocopots i simply fill a watering jug with the nutes from the MPB res. Works ver ver very well! It also allows you a easy way to grow out the ones that are not up to par for the MPB's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom