5 Days Of Light Rain Incoming... Cover?

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Hello all,

I've got 5 days of light NW rain on its way. I've been struggling to decide whether to cover or not. It seems logical to cover, but I've got 5 decent sized plants (in the ground), and not sure if covering them all is a realistic option. I'm worried about mold/budrot @4 weeks in flower.

Running Bogglegum, Blue Moon Rocks, and Lifesaver.

What do you guys think?

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Here is the upcoming forecast.

IMG 5531

NHWhites

NHWhites

Hmm low temps too. I would cover if you can. If it's only raining during the day then you can shake off excess rain water but if it's going to be consistent then I would give them some sort of roof

BudBogart

BudBogart

Let it rain. It's good to cover plants with ( can't recall name) netting, a thin plastic net with 6 x6 diameter holes for buds to poke through. Last year our NorCal grow got pounded repeatedly(see grow). We blew em with leaf blower once the storms left. Very, very little damage to the buds. You could definitely tell the plants had been through a storm, but no big deal if properly protected against winds.
I don't like emergency covers because they don't keep humidity out, plastic touching buds is inevitable once the winds and rain starts.
Good luck either way. I feel an early winter this year.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm hoping for a change in weather but I'm definitely nervous about it. I'll add those nets around them, and see if I can do some kind of makeshift covering.

Cheers

SpiderK

SpiderK

if you use preventative measures about 2-3 weeks before flowering begins you will not have issues.

not sure at this point if it will help spraying neem, green cure ect ....

that area is known for humidity, p.m., bud rot just like the midwest. i have about 4 weeks or so and if your conditions unfolded in my area I'd have major bud rot issues 100% as the late september rains of 4-5 days into october destroyed 85% of my guerilla grow in the sticks .... last year. And my buddies ( rot and black leaf spots )

Good Luck. Using greencure, neem at this point would not help them much without the continued preventatives weeks before the conditions turn.

and if you use the green cure late into flower in the future, have small test plants going until you dial in mixture ( per gallon. ) It will turn hairs red after week 4 if / strong , so test it first before spraying monsters.

but i have used green cure, neem combo on these every four days for the last 6 weeks .... many reports on the forums saying this combo is impossible ? Lol'.... these are guerilla, not babied in a cali backyard. and a major indoor strain ( nevils haze, columbian ) that should / would have major issues being grown outdoor / midwest / bud rot magnet not breed for outddors at 42Âş latitude .... our entire area for miles, everything being attacked by black leaf spots normally destroying cannabis' and its reeking havoc on the east coast, midwest ect .... trees 10 ft away loaded with it , everything.

but not my patches.

Drx3

Last edited:
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Rain was just upgraded to 6 days... I'm going to see if I can work out some kind of shelter for these girls. I wish this rain would hold off for 3-4 more weeks, but obviously I can't control the weather.

Thanks for the advice all! Cheers

Enforcer

Enforcer

I was worried a situation like this may happen (week of rain in late flower). So I equipped my shade cloth structure with a retractable plastic sheet cover (bunched up on right side). I pull strings on both ends and my girls don't get wet. Deploys in about 3 seconds. The fan also has its own cover, and should move enough air to prevent any rot issues.

I hope.

IMG 1280
NHWhites

NHWhites

I had a run in with some rot on an auto unfortunately. I chopped it down and cut off the rotted part. I've been bringing my girls under my deck since the night time humidity has been 100% every fucking night for two weeks. Now I have a little fan blowing on my other two plants. The struggle is real lol

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I was worried a situation like this may happen (week of rain in late flower). So I equipped my shade cloth structure with a retractable plastic sheet cover (bunched up on right side). I pull strings on both ends and my girls don't get wet. Deploys in about 3 seconds. The fan also has its own cover, and should move enough air to prevent any rot issues.

I hope.

Looks good! I wish you the best of luck! I'm not hopeful about the rain passing, but I hope it does for all of us!

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

View attachment 741167 View attachment 741168 View attachment 741169 I had a run in with some rot on an auto unfortunately. I chopped it down and cut off the rotted part. I've been bringing my girls under my deck since the night time humidity has been 100% every fucking night for two weeks. Now I have a little fan blowing on my other two plants. The struggle is real lol

Sorry to hear you got some rot! I'm glad to hear that you were able to salvage the majority of it though. I'll be praying to the bud gods to get through this next week... I chose strains that had good mold resistance, but (updated weather schedule) 6 days of rain is rough no matter how you look at it.

I'll be out inspecting each plant closely at least once or twice a day until all this passes. I'm hoping for no rot, but if nothing else I hope to minimize the damage.

Good luck all!

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

As long as you don't have a bug problem or catapillers, then you'll do just fine with the rain. If your really worried you can fire up the leaf blower to help dry them off. Happy Growing

Madbud

Madbud

View attachment 741167 View attachment 741168 View attachment 741169 I had a run in with some rot on an auto unfortunately. I chopped it down and cut off the rotted part. I've been bringing my girls under my deck since the night time humidity has been 100% every fucking night for two weeks. Now I have a little fan blowing on my other two plants. The struggle is real lol
Same here, just picked off two spots on frankenstone and one on another. Fortunately both are prime for harvest.

Madbud

Madbud

View attachment 741288

Thanks bro. I'll try to get some kind of cover setup. My garden isn't the easiest to cover but better safe than sorry.
Nice looking grow, a few weeks ago i wouldnt have cared about rain but my buds are ripe and like good fruit, firm and juicy now, going dark tonight. How do your flowers look?

Reactions: Ina
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Flowers were looking good... we got hit with extreme gusts and it ripped a plant in half! I tied it up so I could wrap it. Not sure if she's going to survive. :( what a bummer... I still have the other 4 mostly undamaged. There all staked in and got an extra wrap. Fingers crossed that this survives.

IMG 5517
IMG 5519
IMG 5541
IMG 5543

Irish063

Irish063

Flowers were looking good... we got hit with extreme gusts and it ripped a plant in half! I tied it up so I could wrap it. Not sure if she's going to survive. :( what a bummer... I still have the other 4 mostly undamaged. There all staked in and got an extra wrap. Fingers crossed that this survives.

View attachment 741685 View attachment 741686 View attachment 741687 View attachment 741688
Damn bro. That really sucks. sorry to see that. I was just about to suggest an easy up. Similar to what some other people have suggested but not as sturdy. Unfortunately, with winds that high I think it would have been blown away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom