5 gal Homer bucket RDWC

• Thread starter GENERAL G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GENERAL G

just finished my RDWC system, everthing seemed fine, then it all went south, plant started to wilt or something, here is a pics of system and plants (ATF) Alaskan Thunder Fuck

5 gal homer bucket rdwc
5 gal homer bucket rdwc 2
5 gal homer bucket rdwc 3
5 gal homer bucket rdwc 4
5 gal homer bucket rdwc 5
5 gal homer bucket rdwc 6
5 gal homer bucket rdwc 7
fd3swidow

fd3swidow

Are you using tap water or reverse osmosis water? I had the same problem turned out to be a phytium root infection maybe its that...I used phytoff to clean my system and they rebounded although 1 did die...

fd3swidow

fd3swidow

I am intrested in the way your system works tho can you elaborate a bit?

C

Comercial

How big where your plants when you put them into your UC? There looking sad bro. With a little more info maybe we could turn that around.... but dont espect the yield. Shocked plants never do as well even if they come back.

-Comercial

G

GENERAL G

i dont know exactly what happened, but I had brown sludge in the root zone, so im assuming that was root rot. sucks

G

GENERAL G

exactly what everyone is saying, root infection. Dam! I used R.O. water. unlucky me by the time I knew what it was it was too late.

G

GENERAL G

I will explain how it works soon, I had to redesign it, cause I couldn't get equal levels of water in all buckets, it varied. but it all works now I can add as many buckets as I want.

L

Lost

I was going to say check your roots (as I always do). Are you on a chiller?

What are you using for material breakdown (enzymes)

What bene's are you using (Looking for some tricoderma here)

What root stimulators are you using?

ph/ppm?

Your water level is also really high.

Your pics, is that after a res change? Water look very clear. I would expect a brown tinge to the water witht he root issues..

M

MediMary

I would isolate the sick plant quick like so it doesnt contaminate the other plant that still looks healthy.

Edit.
this post was from a month ago, what happened?

G

GENERAL G

How big where your plants when you put them into your UC? There looking sad bro. With a little more info maybe we could turn that around.... but dont espect the yield. Shocked plants never do as well even if they come back.

-Comercial
plants where about 3 to 4ft tall, had brought them in from another room, where they're in drain/fill system. they had nice long white roots. put them into system for about just under 2wks then it went south, brown sludge under at root zone. but I believe it was system that had some problems with water levels in buckets and circulation since it was not all plants that wilted, I managed to save 4 of 6.

I managed to redesign the system and works fine now, buckets have equal levels of water, circulation is better, plants looks better. I'll be posting updated photos soon of the redesigned system.

G

GENERAL G

I was going to say check your roots (as I always do). Are you on a chiller?

What are you using for material breakdown (enzymes)

What bene's are you using (Looking for some tricoderma here)

What root stimulators are you using?

ph/ppm?

Your water level is also really high.

Your pics, is that after a res change? Water look very clear. I would expect a brown tinge to the water witht he root issues..
yeah it was the root zone. I'm not on a chiller right now, it pretty cool here and water is about 65. I'm using AN nutes and using enough enzymes now. I was using Root Accel but I heard that it doesnt work well in aerated water, after they went south on me. I keep the PH about 5.8 - 6.0 and PPM at 1200 to 1700 then down to flush last 1.5wk

yeah water was high recirculating back to mixing bucket. but buckets never had equal amounts of water so I redesigned the system and it fixed the water level to be 1" above the bottom of the netpots, pretty simple fix. I will be posting pics soon of the system.

G

GENERAL G

I would isolate the sick plant quick like so it doesnt contaminate the other plant that still looks healthy.

Edit.
this post was from a month ago, what happened?
yes I did that and was able to save 4 out of 6 plants. thanks

K

kritical

your water level was probably too high and you waterlogged them. the water level should be below the bottom of the net pot or just touching it. also throw some dm zone in there and run hygrozym or cannazym or multi zen somthing that will help break down dead root material.

is your return orange bucket always uncovered like that??? you should put a lid on that and im pretty sure the orange bucket is not light proof you need to light proof it. also your air pump is in the room and if your running co2 you need to put the air pump outside the room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom