5 gal. Vs 7 gal. Veg time + plant height?

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

I had 4 plants in 3 gallon pots. 2 months of veg. They seemed to have roots circling and wanting to flower so I transplanted into what I thought was 5 gallon pots and topped them. I accidentally bought 7 gallon pots without realizing it and that's what the girls are in. My question is that how long should I veg in the new pot before flowering. They are currently about 14" tall and I can have them grow to 30"-33" max after accounting for lights, pot size, general headspace. As I am in a 3x3x6 tent.

5 gal vs 7 gal veg time  plant height
5 gal vs 7 gal veg time  plant height 2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I had 4 plants in 3 gallon pots. 2 months of veg. They seemed to have roots circling and wanting to flower so I transplanted into what I thought was 5 gallon pots and topped them. I accidentally bought 7 gallon pots without realizing it and that's what the girls are in. My question is that how long should I veg in the new pot before flowering. They are currently about 14" tall and I can have them grow to 30"-33" max after accounting for lights, pot size, general headspace. As I am in a 3x3x6 tent.
That is a lot of extra water and nutrients to use in 7 gallon pots. I finish mine in 3 gallon and I veg 2 - 2.5 months. If I go longer than that I've gone to 5 gallon but Its harder to determine watering needs with them that large. The space you have for height should be the determining factor on how long you can veg them. I have one now in a 4 gallon bucket that I vegged 3 months.

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

That is a lot of extra water and nutrients to use in 7 gallon pots. I finish mine in 3 gallon and I veg 2 - 2.5 months. If I go longer than that I've gone to 5 gallon but Its harder to determine watering needs with them that large. The space you have for height should be the determining factor on how long you can veg them. I have one now in a 4 gallon bucket that I vegged 3 months.
I have only ever used 3 gal. To finish. I started using FishShit soil conditioner which has made root growth pretty heavy. The last run I had I felt like the plants got rootboud during flower and water intake really slowed down. Now with the 7 gallon I am feeling like I will get root rot? Do roots continue to grow during flower?

Top Bottom