5 gallon smart pot

• Thread starter Rcangrow2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rcangrow2

Rcangrow2

What do y’all think about the 5 gallon smart pot? I really want to use as my final por for my plants and test it out

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

If you are in a tent and have a limited space 5 gallon should be suitable

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If you are in a tent and have a limited space 5 gallon should be suitable
How big do you want to grow your plants? I find 3 gallon ample for my grows. Easier to move around, feed,water. Unless you intend on growing monsters 3 gallons should do.

10w30

10w30

Supporter
2nd'ing the suggestion for using 3gal pots. ive been reading online on the farm recently and 3 gal pots seem to get best reviews. less expensive to pour nutrients into. unless your growing monsters. pots are looking expensive online these days. $10 for a 3 gal plastic pot. fabric are cheaper

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

This is my first time useing a 5 gal one, i ussaley use 3 gal, but the strain im running is supposed to be big so what the hey, however my plant is about a week behind bc of much larger pot size and low rh, i may just stick with 3 gal ones but i wanna see what happens.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
After this run, I won’t use 5 gal anymore. I don’t get to water as much as I’d like because the soil stays moist for longer. 3 gal should
Be sufficient.

growsince79

growsince79

How big of plant do you want? Choosing the proper size container is very important. ! want a container that will dry in about 3 days. Too big of container means the medium is wet too long. That just gets you slower growth and bugs. Even rookies should be able to get 3-4 oz from a 3 gal pot in 4 months. If you want huge plants, use the 5

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’ve seen some pretty big plants in 3gal and even 1 gal pots. But 5 is def too big for what Im trying to accomplish. Medium stays wet for too long IMO. Do they make any kind of plastic pots with holes for airflow? Every time I lift these fab pots I feel like I’m disturbing the roots.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I’ve seen some pretty big plants in 3gal and even 1 gal pots. But 5 is def too big for what Im trying to accomplish. Medium stays wet for too long IMO. Do they make any kind of plastic pots with holes for airflow? Every time I lift these fab pots I feel like I’m disturbing the roots.
Lots out there But I drill mine out of the ice cream buckets I use. 3gal pots as my max size unless I veg longer. I have a Sweet Tooth now that I'll be vegging another month, it has over 60 tops already about 16" tall and I have no room in my flower room so she's going to have to get put into a larger pot. I have some 3.75 gallon I think I'll move it up to soon but my veg room is full too so I'm not sure what the fk I'm going to do.

quirk

quirk

I utilize plastic pots with holes. Plus they're adjustable.

DSCN2937
DSCN3038 2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I utilize plastic pots with holes. Plus they're adjustable.
I like the demo on those pots they're something I'd like to try..the price puts me off on them though. How is it to water / feed in them? it looks like the water would spew out the sides and make a mess. Do you have any issues with them? If I see them at a yard sale or thrift shop I'll pick one up ( at the right price) but new they're just too much for me to justify the costs.(to my wife) lol

Top Bottom