5 Internods Yet? When should i top the plant?

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

Hey guys, iv been reading up on when to top the plant or prune the plant with the FIM Technique which was orginated from a South Carolina Grower when he tryed to pinch the tip of his plant and said "Fuck, i missed" when he failed to remove the entire bud and coined the acronym FIM,
So my question is, do think my plant is ready to prune, its on a 18/6 light cycle for the past 3 weeks now since she broke soil, the plant itself is a F1 Hybrid, Crystal Which her folks are White Widow as a mom, and Northorn Lights as a father.. Heres a few photos of the plant itself, like i said its been alive and thriving now for 3 weeks since she broke soil, its on a 18/6 light cycle with a 400watt MH in a 3x3 Grow tent, with both exhaust, and intake, and DIY C02 Dry Active Yheast bottles, i have over 6 of them 3 on eachside of the plant untill i get a more stable co2 setup with a 20lb tank and solnoid and Regulater,
but anywayss, heres some photos of the plant and a measuring tape beside it to show how tall it is i tryed to get in by the branches so you could see the internods, so here it iss, hopefully someone can help me out heree!!!

5 internods yet when should i top the plant
5 internods yet when should i top the plant 2
5 internods yet when should i top the plant 3
5 internods yet when should i top the plant 4
5 internods yet when should i top the plant 5
5 internods yet when should i top the plant 6
5 internods yet when should i top the plant 7
5 internods yet when should i top the plant 8
foaf

foaf

Why do you want to top it? How many plants, what space? If this is one of 16 plants in a 3x3 space, your signature, then I wouldn't want to top in that situation. There will be plenty of bushiness to go around already. If it was 1 plant in a 3x3 space, I'd probably top it at least once, but your total height factors in to the decision and your light wattage and the strain. Regardless, I wouldn't top anything that was that small.

C

caperfarmer902

well i want to use this plant as a mom plan, so i want as much side branching and main cola branches as much as i can, this is just the one plant at the moment, well i have 2 plants, one chrystal which is above, and the other a pineapple exress which was only planted ln in the rapid rooter, im going to cut clones try for atleast 12 plant, 6 of chrystal and 6 of pineapple express, inorder to do this i know im going to have to LST it inorder to get all these clones at once, i just started the bending td with my chrystal, this is in a 3ft by 3ft grow tent thats 6 1/2 ft tall, i have a 12 plant DWC hydroponic system that i plan to use for these clones, with a 400watt cooltube light kit.. what do you think, should i just let it go and do the LST for mother purposes, or top the plant and try for 2 main colas?

mango420

mango420

I would deff wait till you have more leaf sets forming at your nodes. At least a week or 2 depending how fast they grow.

B

Bearsfather

GROW a plant first. Let it become a foot high or something; then take cuttings...

C

caperfarmer902

I started the LST on the one plant that is almost 6inches high now, which is now on the 3ed day of LST, my pineapple express is now 3 days old with its first set of true leaves, and also i recivied my five more feminized chrystal seeds which all of them are now in germination, so hopefully wel see 7 plants in all not even a month behind eachother.., clones should be comin soon:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom