5 ton air conditioner not working right

• Thread starter Drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drizzle

Drizzle

my room is at 80 degrees from 8 air cooled 1000watt lights. I don't know much about this stuff but I think it's the dehumidifier part on the furnace that has frost and ice on the bar on the inside of the room. And on the outside near the actual furnace their is more ice and frost all over the part that seems to be the dehumidifier...although it's not on the actual part the dehumidifier spits out water....it's on a part that connects directly to the furnace blower. Whats going wrong here? should I take pictures? I can't really call a repair guy lol

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

my room is at 80 degrees from 8 air cooled 1000watt lights. I don't know much about this stuff but I think it's the dehumidifier part on the furnace that has frost and ice on the bar on the inside of the room. And on the outside near the actual furnace their is more ice and frost all over the part that seems to be the dehumidifier...although it's not on the actual part the dehumidifier spits out water....it's on a part that connects directly to the furnace blower. Whats going wrong here? should I take pictures? I can't really call a repair guy lol

You should have 3 pieces. 1 is the furnace and attached to that is the a/c coil. The outside part is the condensing unit. My guess is that the coil and piping are getting ice on them. Could be a few problems. Dirty filter or no filter and a dirty coil. Other most likely culprit is low on refrigerant. How long has unit run? Did it cool properly for some time? Bottom line is you need a pro if low on refrigerant. It means you have a leak. Make sure your pro FINDS and REPAIRS the leak before recharging.

buddahslave

buddahslave

You should go to your local hydro store and ask them to refer you an ac guy. They always have the ones that know how to keep secrets. I think your return vents are to small and not enough hot air is being sucked out to mix with the cool air. I had 10" return that a sorry ac guy installed my pipe off the condenser was always freezing up and causing it to blow hot air. A great ac guy came in and put in 16" return and problem fixed. I don't know if thats your problem but I hope my story helps you.

Top Bottom