5 week old plants, do they look ok? 2 are better then others.

• Thread starter crozzy89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crozzy89

crozzy89

5 week old plants, do they look ok? 2 are better then others.

5 week old plants do they look ok 2 are better then others
thehighguy

thehighguy

Look good but under that light it's hard to tell, the red light makes it hard to spot any indicators... The leafs look uniform and dark green in color so I'm guessing it's all good. Nice short internodes!

crozzy89

crozzy89

Thanks, yeah I have just been using the full spectrum lighting because just the veg light wasn't bright enough when I first started. Since changing that I've noticed faster growth. This is my first indoor grow.

thehighguy

thehighguy

Thanks, yeah I have just been using the full spectrum lighting because just the veg light wasn't bright enough when I first started. Since changing that I've noticed faster growth. This is my first indoor grow.
yeah plants absorb both red light and blue light, for energy production. The main reason behind the veg and flower modes it to encourage small internodes. red light in particular far red (infrared light) causes plants to stretch more during vegetative growth. its pretty interesting how something so seemingly insignificant like light temperature (wavelength, spectrum... same concept different description) can impact plant growth! dam did i ever get off topic lol, what i was getting at is your plants accelerated growth is probably in part because it can now use more of the variations of chlorophyll it produces, in particular chlorophyll A.

crozzy89

crozzy89

Awesome, I appreciate any knowledge I can acquire. Its definitely alot of fun taking care of them and watching them grow so fast. Thanks again.

thehighguy

thehighguy

Another pic
Are your tips looking burnt? I was taking another look at the pictures and some looked a bit burnt... Your lights might be a bit close, you can check the lux value with your phone, I use Lux meter by my mobile tools dev. Lux is the light intensity over a surface

crozzy89

crozzy89

Yes there is burnt spots but its from nutrients I am thinking. The 2 led lights are far enough away. I dont understand the nutrient burn because I've only used up to half the strength of the said dosage. I have the 3 part liquid notes, micro/grow/bloom. It says use 4ml per litre of water, ive only used up to 2ml of each per litre?

Kiaradox

Kiaradox

Sorry to ask in this comment section... I couldnt find where to make a post but is she okay??? My plant is probably a month and half old by now.... Are those pistils??

20200808 094338 HDR2
crozzy89

crozzy89

Thats ok, i can't really tell. They kind of look like them but I'm not 100% sure. It looks kind of small for a month and a half tho. Is it outside or inside under lights?

crozzy89

crozzy89

Sorry to ask in this comment section... I couldnt find where to make a post but is she okay??? My plant is probably a month and half old by now.... Are those pistils??
Thats ok, i can't really tell. They kind of look like them but I'm not 100% sure. It looks kind of small for a month and a half tho. Is it outside or inside under lights?

crozzy89

crozzy89

Also is it an auto?

Kiaradox

Kiaradox

first time grower so they are literally only in my window seal right now.. I make sure to have them there and use rain water to water them... I have a tent but too broke for more supplies so I was hoping I could pull it off... I think I might be failing 😂

crozzy89

crozzy89

first time grower so they are literally only in my window seal right now.. I make sure to have them there and use rain water to water them... I have a tent but too broke for more supplies so I was hoping I could pull it off... I think I might be failing 😂
Yeah lol thats ok but they are definitely stunted because they aren't getting nearly enough light. I would throw them outside. Is it autoflowering?

Kiaradox

Kiaradox

Yeah lol thats ok but they are definitely stunted because they aren't getting nearly enough light. I would throw them outside. Is it autoflowering?
I am not sure... I cant put them outside because I live in an apartment in Texas 😭 Im just gonna wait to get a home I suppose... At least I tried lmao

crozzy89

crozzy89

I am not sure... I cant put them outside because I live in an apartment in Texas 😭 Im just gonna wait to get a home I suppose... At least I tried lmao
Don't give up on it yet, the newest growth is still green. No balcony then I guess?

Latest posts

Top Bottom