5 Weeks Flower, One Plant Has What Looks Like Seed Pods??

• Thread starter Smoknjofus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

So I'm starting on the 5th week of flower. Moved all my females in and they are doing really well but tonight I noticed 1 plant has seed pods forming on some of the buds? Don't know if it can pollinate the others or if it is just going to produce seed on some of the buds of that plant? Should I remove it? Or fuck it?

xenon730

xenon730

need photos. how large? find any bananas or male flowers? if it's pollinated there's a male flower and/or banana in the room that will seedfk your whole crop if you don't remove it.

Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

This is the only buds I've found with pods. Plants are 4 ft tall. I was Adamant on making sure I separated all males. I'm positive that everyone of these plants is a female definitely.

IMG 0004
Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

Some other photos, only one plant is doing this and only 2 buds have formed these pods. Can barely see the one to the right of my finger

IMG 0005
Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

need photos. how large? find any bananas or male flowers? if it's pollinated there's a male flower and/or banana in the room that will seedfk your whole crop if you don't remove it.
Thank you!!

xenon730

xenon730

yeah theres a banana near those little buds. full females express male sex flowers naturally as they end ripening or earlier due to genetics. there can be a banana in one of the surrounding buds hard to see. what strain is this? they also can express male flowers from illness and stress. you need to look very hard. you'll notice them a lot in a week or two. can you show me photos of all your girls? and specifically the lower and upper buds of the immediate surrounding plants. go search them for a while and take pics pf anything that looks weird. look for pistil tips to have the end thinned out or the pistils pulling in slightly. I'm not trying to alarm you, I'm trying to help you. this happened to my buddy recently with some lemon kush by female and cookies kush by barneys and we never found the first nanner but we definitely found seeds randomly in that whole crop.

Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

yeah theres a banana near those little buds. full females express male sex flowers naturally as they end ripening or earlier due to genetics. there can be a banana in one of the surrounding buds hard to see. what strain is this? they also can express male flowers from illness and stress. you need to look very hard. you'll notice them a lot in a week or two. can you show me photos of all your girls? and specifically the lower and upper buds of the immediate surrounding plants. go search them for a while and take pics pf anything that looks weird. look for pistil tips to have the end thinned out or the pistils pulling in slightly. I'm not trying to alarm you, I'm trying to help you. this happened to my buddy recently with some lemon kush by female and cookies kush by barneys and we never found the first nanner but we definitely found seeds randomly in that whole crop.
It's a a G14, G13xTrainwreck. I work till 3 am today. Will have some pics later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help :)

xenon730

xenon730

It's a a G14, G13xTrainwreck. I work till 3 am today. Will have some pics later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help :)
np google nanners cannabis, they look like yellow bananas and the color usually stands out on the buds once they're visible.
and google male flowers, they look like balls first then little bells that open up and drop a nice light yellow/light gold powder(pollen). anything you see that looks like either, take a photo of and i'll do my best to help you find it. you need to make sure you watch all your girls closely for more to get seed pods. if you can't find a nanner right away, like i said youll probably find it over the next week or two so do daily morning and light off examinations. it's a good thing to start anyways because no matter what company you buy from, you may get a hermie just from the genetics everyone is regularly crossing with.

Wildill

Wildill

@xenon730 I just threw out some
Lemon kush that Hermed at about week 3

xenon730

xenon730

@xenon730 I just threw out some
Lemon kush that Hermed at about week 3
yeah all of them finished in about 6.5wks and all had nanners at end. a cookie and lemon both hermed about 3 weeks in. guess that's why those lemon kushes were on sale. i didn't take a cut from him because none of them didn't have nanners by week 6 and i don't have the time to watch that hard lol.

Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

Well I guess I am a shitty father. My girls got fucked. Hella bananas invaded my garden and impregnated my girls :) well I guess you win some and lose some. So anyone need some seeds, lol. Thanks guys for all the help and knowledge for the next go round. I would say 50% are showing seed pods forming and 5 of my best plants are the culprits. Should I toss them or just let them finish? Have 3-4 more weeks?

Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

Here is one I found still closed, found 4 opened ☹️ and a ton more all over the garden. Removed all I could find. Guess I'll try some different strains. I knew these seeds came from plants that had hermied out. My bad, thanks again for all the advice and help

IMG 0013
xenon730

xenon730

if you have the space to even leave a couple on the side and collect seeds DO IT. getting a bunch of good seeds was one of the things that helped me learn the most. don't be afraid to experiment and lose crops, everyone loses some. this was also likely genetics. what strains are these again? dont risk leaving pollen in your flower room though.

Last edited:
Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

if you have the space to even leave a couple on the side and collect seeds DO IT. getting a bunch of good seeds was one of the things that helped me learn the most. don't be afraid to experiment and lose crops, everyone loses some. this was also likely genetics. what strains are these again? dont risk leaving pollen in your flower room though.
G13 × Train wreck
The other seeds were given to me? Some type of indica? I'm sure that it's the genetics since both the strains went to seed? And the grow room will be wiped down thoroughly and cleaned before it's reused.

miko

miko

This happened to me big time before.. threw away like 50 nice plants once because of it..
Always toss them ASAP... For a while I tried to pull the nanners and leave them in flower... But they always fucked my other ladies...!

Strains and seeds from Hermies.. will never be OK.. I learned.. and threw away hundreds of seeds too...

Peace and good vibes.

Top Bottom