5 Weeks Into Flowering

• Thread starter JoeBUDN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JoeBUDN

JoeBUDN

This is my second grow and i was wondering around what time do plants actually start packing on weight... and whats the average length between nodes i should be trying to achieve... and does the length between nodes really matter? Im wondering cause i wanted to take a guess as to how much i might yield an how much more weight can actually pack on in these weeks..

5 weeks into flowering
5 weeks into flowering 2
JoeBUDN

JoeBUDN

5 2700k cfls and one fluorescent daylight tube i thought maybe because the sun produced all spectrums it wouldnt hurt but i also have another tube ill place along the side to try an catch as much light as possible

justiceman

justiceman

Can't say what you're gonna yield, but she looks to have a decent amount of time left on her. Internode spacing varies depending on environment, and genetics. A general rule of thumb is more light intensity and cooler temperatures typically give you tighter nodes to an extent but that's when genetics come into play. Some strains yield great with tight node spacing, and others yield great with longer node spacing. There isn't really a set measurement that could tell you whats "best". Of course a 1ft node distance would be terrible though hahahaha but that's an exaggeration. Just gotta train them or use your environment to your advantage whatever the style may be.

You will soon be entering the stage where the true weight starts to come in. That plant is looking like it will turn out to be some quality smoke. Good job and keep it up! What strain is it?

907debow1234

907debow1234

Not sure if this post, or even if your not doing it. But sugars later in bud stage can help bulk that much wanted weight on..

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I notice the plants really start packin on the weight last 2-3 weeks of flower.

I would consider learning some training techniques to help improve your yield over time. Seems you have a lot of extra space.

You may also want to bump up the light output. On average Less light=lower yield & more light=higher yield. Doesn't always follow that trend but can. Mainly it depends on how your light is focused.

907debow1234

907debow1234

What I meant was, not sure if this post was the correct area for Q&A on your feeding an what not. I didn't want to get off track initially from your questions.
Looks like your plants are doing good. I prefer tight node growth, much of which is variable on strain an light intensity. Most stretch when they can't find enough light, and stretching means less nodes close together. I do stop with sugars the last week an flush them well. And that's with all feeding. It's pure water that last week. Again so much depends on others. If your plants eat water they can generally eat more food. Push it through em. I like mine to be root bound by the end.
Hope this helps sorry if my post was a bit hard to read at first. .

JoeBUDN

JoeBUDN

Oh ok yea i thought maybe the strain had sumn to do with the growth spurt cause i swear just a few weeks ago they were only 12" an i had couple Chemdog seeds that i had gotten a hold of those didnt grow quite as tall but smells lovely and i believe has way more trichs... they are the smaller ones in the pictures an the nodes are a lot closer

Latest posts

Top Bottom