5 x 10 Rooms

• Thread starter GRAMTOWN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GRAMTOWN

I was wondering if 2 1000w HPS would have a big enough footprint for a 5 x 10 flower room if i am trying to pull down A LB every month. Also what suggestions do you have on lighting for a 5 x 10 Veg room. I was thinking a mix of MH and flourescent lighting but i dont not know how much light i will need to keep every plant in that space satisfied.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I would suggest a sealed room for flower co2 and 2 x 1000 Watt HPS . for your veg room you could use 2 x 400 watt MH This is what I am using for my mom room and the plants really use the MH and the 400 watt keeps the heat down...JACK

R

rebornfarmer

IMO i would go with 3 1000 for 50 sq ft. but you will do fine with 2 1000 watts. difference of 40 wpsf to 60 wpsf.

G

GRAMTOWN

if I ventilated the rooms with a exhaust/Intake could I use a c02 Boost Pump and bucket from c02boost.com? and would it still be effective with the ventilation?

K

KushMaster707

2x 1000w will cover a 5x10 room just fine for flower and going with less wattage for your veg room like jackmayoffer said is just a swell idea as well to manage the temps and i think just the MH would be fine for veg although i have never tried, always found that vegging under my hps works very well.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I have a 4x8 room and plan to run a 600 and 2 400w cmh. After reading all the info and reports on these lamps that will run in hps core and coil ballasts. I am convinced that this could very well be the most effective ligth on the market. I just purchased 2 kits to build my own and the lamps for them, totaling $240 shipped! No hoods though. Can get those fo $50 each though. I have read that 2 400s will out perfom a 1000w. huge lengthy thread on ic about this. You could use 4 and get better coverage, though if puchased from a hydro shop that is a ton of cash. Economically for most the 2 1000w would be a better choice. Just my 2 cents. Good luck in all you do bud.

Peace

R

Rolln J

you have no chance of 2 400's out-outperforming a 1000...

I have 2 600's gathering dust because I bought into the hype about smaller bulbs, closer to the plants, better coverage - its a myth - another jorge cervantes fairy tale.

if your air cooling your lamps you can already put them too close to be effective - yest thats right I said too close, if the bulb is too close to your canopy your not gonna get the spread.

I been growing indoors for 25 years - nothing works like a 1000 when it comes to growing big plants and big buds.

lilhydro

lilhydro

:character0029:wow thats puttin um in there place Rolln J, you have any advice for a 4x4 romm Ebb&flow Table and 600 watt Hps to get the max out of my grow and any cheap ways on Co2.

R

REGISTRD

you have no chance of 2 400's out-outperforming a 1000...

I have 2 600's gathering dust because I bought into the hype about smaller bulbs, closer to the plants, better coverage - its a myth - another jorge cervantes fairy tale.

if your air cooling your lamps you can already put them too close to be effective - yest thats right I said too close, if the bulb is too close to your canopy your not gonna get the spread.

I been growing indoors for 25 years - nothing works like a 1000 when it comes to growing big plants and big buds.

Every post man,,,, every post.... :harvest: We should make our own book...lol...
Very nicely said man couldnt have said it better myself...

R

Rolln J

:character0029:wow thats puttin um in there place Rolln J, you have any advice for a 4x4 romm Ebb&flow Table and 600 watt Hps to get the max out of my grow and any cheap ways on Co2.

lol yeah I come off harsh sometimes huh?

there isnt really a cheap way to go with co2 thats worthwhile - a generator is cheaper then filling tanks, but the equipment costs a little more to start and then you have the issue of the heat and you may need to run ac.

I run co2 from day 21- to day 42 or so - maybe as late as day 48 on a 70 day strain - I have found that this is the target time and running high co2 after that just makes the buds want to foxtail, even on buds that are not prone to this.

all those other co2 methods are bunk and your better off just making sure your grow has plenty of fresh air moving over it otherwise.

S

swampyjay

Many people say that multi 400w over big 1000's. I guess way out the $.
By the way excellofizz pucks work O.K for co2

O

oldtimer60

1 5.5x7.5 room 2 1000 watt lights=over 2 pounds every 3 months from feminized seed. All hail the 1000 watt nothing better

D

Donk Frog

2 1000watts in a 3ft w x 9ft l x 8ft h = 5oz+ dried ozs per plant in 5gallon buckets....
And I also belive thousands watters are the way to go

R

Rolln J

any of you guys wanna sell 1 of those 600 watters

one of my 600's is gonna go into my new mom/seedling/clone closet. I will prolly hold onto the other - be a good temp backup if one of my magnetic croaks.

thats and Im a hoarder/packrat!

think it was about 260 delivered from htg though...

also a 600 wedged between 2 1000's works nice for some extra lumens/spectrum.

lilhydro

lilhydro

Thanks Rollin J for the info im thinking of geting a generator for my room now

N

nughit

I was wondering if 2 1000w HPS would have a big enough footprint for a 5 x 10 flower room if i am trying to pull down A LB every month. Also what suggestions do you have on lighting for a 5 x 10 Veg room. I was thinking a mix of MH and flourescent lighting but i dont not know how much light i will need to keep every plant in that space satisfied.

Go with 2 1000s over a 4x8 tray in a 5x10 room. This leaves you some space to work on the plants. Also as everyone has said nothing beats a 1000 in terms of production. You can easily get 2lbs every 2 months with the 2 1000s and if you have everything dialed in you could get 3-4 LBS depending on strain.

R

Rolln J

Go with 2 1000s over a 4x8 tray in a 5x10 room. This leaves you some space to work on the plants. Also as everyone has said nothing beats a 1000 in terms of production. You can easily get 2lbs every 2 months with the 2 1000s and if you have everything dialed in you could get 3-4 LBS depending on strain.

smart man!

Latest posts

Top Bottom