motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
"I want to be invisisble"

yeah thats why the dumb ass shows his face on the news

B

Bobby Smith

What a fucking moron and attention whore.

"I'm definitely hidden in my suburbia", now look at my face on TV.

Brilliant.........feel sorry for him, but what else could you do to make yourself a target?

Make your grow public? Check
Brag about the money you're trying to make? Check
Have over 100 plants? Check
Grow close to a school? Check

What else could he have done? Good Lord........

B

BoCo Buds

Yeah, it wasn't timely... that's a bit of pragmatism.

But, it was awfully ballsy... that's a bit of ignorance.

And, we should all be allowed to do what he did... maybe a bit of idealism...??? ;-)

lazarus718

lazarus718

Wow...that was stupid. I don't care how "legal" you think you are, federally not a single one of is legal. Just showing the public a grow of that magnitude was asking for the feds to come knocking...really stupid. Keep your mouth shut farmers!!! If you aren't throwing it in the face of the government they are probably going to leave you alone.:whew

T

TyKaycha

Sucks he got 5 but it could of been a lot worse.
Definitely sends a message to get your grow under 100.
Not sure what some operations are going to do, and I wonder if this is going to make them reconsider their >100 grows

G

ganjherbsmoke

ya this guy put a bad name on the scene

no one should go to jail for growing weed but
he was being a little ridiculous i mean he def kinda asked to be fucked with

i dont think anyone will make the same mistake he did lol

C

Colebz

Saw that a while ago on tv. Crazy stupid. It sucks, but he pretended and convinced himself that it was 100% legal. I agree that no one should go to jail for marijuana but, he asked for it. Smokin blunts and shit. Not even talking about medical properties or anything and saying how people don't how close to home it is. Dumb if you ask me.

sky high

sky high

Even with this case as front page news, the illusion of >safety< is very prevelent in CO.

Barkowitz tried to rewrite the Rules (of Growing) by believing that he had "protection" under Amendment 20 and by releasing information about his grow.

Ironically, such idealistic beliefs seem to be held/shared by every person who "licensed" in Colorado under 1284 and freely gave away the personal info that no grower has historically ever given away....especially to the FEDS.

>>>>WHY<<< the State didn't require each applicant to include their TORN UP Red card in the DOR licensing package as a gesture of understanding that they no longer have medical protection is still a mystery here because the State knew full well that by stepping up every one of them stepped >outside< the protection offered by Co MMJ law and squarely into mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines on a Federal level (THE reason Barkowitz got 5 years and nothing less (no parole) is MM sentencing for over 99 plants).

In the end, the >TV coverage< is the >only< difference between how Barkowitz acted and how those folks who licensed and fell into bed with the DOR have acted.

wot a mess...

s h

M

mrdizzle

Im ok with that. I hate that slob, I mean I really hate that slob. I would have been ok with him getting the 60yrs

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Natural Selection. I can't even begin to comment on the stupidity of this matter.

sedate

sedate

sky high said:
In the end, the >TV coverage< is the >only< difference between how Barkowitz acted and how those folks who licensed and fell into bed with the DOR have acted.

Yea that just isn't accurate.

If a grower is "in bed with the DOR" then, presumably, they'd be within the guidelines proscribed by 1284 and the DOR/CDPHE.

They'd be "in compliance with state law" - the bar required for the federal authorities to ignore state-legal medical grows per the Ogden memo Bartkowicz thought protected him.

Lets be clear about a couple of things:

Bartkowicz was in blatant violation of multiple areas of Am 20. Am 20 bars several things:

1) profiteering ("I make $400,000 a year") - you can sell for the cost of your grow under Am 20.

2) having more than 6 plants per patient (Bartkowicz had about 18 plants per valid med card, and, in violation of the Clenindin (sic) decision, he didn't even know the people he was supposed to be growing for),

3) having more than 2 oz per valid patient

4) having a very poor understanding of the law he was operating under - this guy isn't any different that someone who plants out an entire house with a couple of cards.

People that are liscensed and paying fees and what-not, are demonstrably different that what Bartkowicz did.

And no one - I mean no one else - could possibly be stupid enough to parade themselves on the evening news with the stack of felony priors the guy had.

What a fucking idiot.

mrdizzle said:
Im ok with that. I hate that slob, I mean I really hate that slob. I would have been ok with him getting the 60yrs

Yea - the mean part of me sort of wishes he did too.

Made EVERYONE look bad.

sedate

sedate

This thread should be called . . .

. . . five-year sentence for ILLEGAL CO grower

R

Rednick

THE reason Barkowitz got 5 years and nothing less (no parole) is MM sentencing for over 99 plants.
s h

YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!!

The reason he got the MM sentancing is because he CHALLENGED the Feds! (while stoned, I might add...his eyes were as red as a virgin pussy)

Don't win and get fucked!

He is an idiot and not a 'poster child', more like a sacraficial lamb.

Back to bubbles...:character0110:

P.S. Where the fuck did my bubbles go?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!!

The reason he got the MM sentancing is because he CHALLENGED the Feds! (while stoned, I might add...his eyes were as red as a virgin pussy)

Don't win and get fucked!

He is an idiot and not a 'poster child', more like a sacraficial lamb.

Back to bubbles...:character0110:

P.S. Where the fuck did my bubbles go?

really? going over 99 plants IS challenging the feds - but whatever

sky is wrong and your right

lmao

sky high

sky high

fuck yeah Motherlode...get it right dooooood ;-)

His crime was that his eyes were red and he was stoned. That's why they came after him and he got 5 YEARS via MM sentencing....not cus he had over 99...

found yer bubbles. Just had to follow the smell of yer post, bro!

Mrfartbubble
IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

WOW I really cant believe someone would put themselves out there like that on the evening news. LMFAO at 1:41 where genius asks "why would i risk my golden ticket?" Gotta love rhetorical questions that come back and bite someone in the ass.
Sad that people go out like this. I think all this reality tv shit is going to peoples head and everyone's trying to be a celebrity. I shouldn't feel bad for the guy because he asked for it, but i can't help but feel like them a**holes win every time they lock a fellow grower up. No matter how dumb he is -Keepz

H

HighCreek

dont do the Crime_if ya Cant do the Time! :rasta:

someone had to get clipped to give the public some fear that if they dont stay in line then they are going to do some time.

stay with in your limits and for the most part they dont give a Rats Ass ;)

this guy was a tool bag at best

B

BoCo Buds

The irony is thick, no Red???

Ironic because people here are all high & mighty about their 'legal' right to grow by the State 'rules'...??? And that makes them & their practices 'better'... so much so that another person (stupid as they might be) should go to jail... for being a lesser person for not adhering to all the new 'rules'... or for even bending them...???

How many tens of thousands... more... that we have institutionalized for not playing by the State/Fed rules...???

And now you make self-righteous claims of superiority because you can (somewhat arbitrarily) grow a certain number vs another person cannot???

And where did this industry start? And why are so very many decent people in jail? Because of the same State/Fed authority that seems to justify the high & mighty attitudes and allows for many to become indignant because someone else put it on the line. Sure it was fucked up, but he put it out there, like so very many other people have/are doing.

And it's these folks that have contributed to the overall gains that others (the high & mighty) benefit from... even the simple fact that jailing people like this helps inflate your profits.

Jesus. Reality check folks.

Illmind

Illmind

He kinda did whip his dick out and say "this is what I have for the federales, it's called a cock meat sammich... Ohhhh yaaa suck it pigs!! Oh btw down here I got exactly 100 plants. You know why? Because they said I can only have 99!! Aren't I the truth! Oh and what does that sign say? School zone? Ohhh and what's this over here 100 plants!!! Ya muh fucka!!!!! Thug Life@!!@@@@@@" <\\~End quote lol..

Top Bottom