50/50 bleach water mixture on a 3 month old

• Thread starter ash_walker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ash_walker

Help! My plant was accidentally watered with 50% beach water. How can I save her? She's 3 months old and my first go round with growing.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
You just need to flush all the NaCl (salt) out, either right away (if the plant shows toxicity symptoms) or when the next watering is

D

dean1963

Help! My plant was accidentally watered with 50% beach water. How can I save her? She's 3 months old and my first go round with growing.
how could you accidentally water with bleach is my first question?
and bleach or beach water is my 2nd question?
either way i'd re-pot and hope for the best

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Definitely flush and then flush like 3 more times maybe, if its not already to late. What even caused this to happen if i may ask? Mid life crisis?

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

This sounds like a good time for an emergency acid flush. Bleach is a very strong base of 11. Would be surprised if the plants live.

pilto

pilto

When you get a drop of bleach on your finger and rub your fingers together, you know what the greasy feeling is? That is your fucking skin melting. Now, imagine what that did to the roots of your plant. YIKES.

A

ash_walker

I appreciate the comments, but I'm not stupid and don't need to be talked to as such. This is my first grow so I'm playing around with things and learning as I go.

The ACCIDENTAL watering with BLEACH water happened bc we're moving and my boyfriend was just trying to help me out. He grabbed the wrong bottle and dumped it in. I didn't realize it until AFTER he had dumped it and smelt the bleach.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I appreciate the comments, but I'm not stupid and don't need to be talked to as such. This is my first grow so I'm playing around with things and learning as I go.

The ACCIDENTAL watering with BLEACH water happened bc we're moving and my boyfriend was just trying to help me out. He grabbed the wrong bottle and dumped it in. I didn't realize it until AFTER he had dumped it and smelt the bleach.
Shit happens, and agreed you were looking for advice, not a talking down to. You weren’t being rude and we all make mistakes.

That being said, bleach is most likely going to cause you HUGE problems and even if it does survive they’re going to hell of an uphill battle. In my opinion, I would probably just cut the losses, start over and learn from the mistake.

If you decide to stick it out, flush and transplant ASAP and get it in a new fresh medium. Just my 2 cents

Sorry this happened, and I have my fingers crossed for you that they make a turn around if you decide to stick it out.

A

ash_walker

Shit happens, and agreed you were looking for advice, not a talking down to. You weren’t being rude and we all make mistakes.

That being said, bleach is most likely going to cause you HUGE problems and even if it does survive they’re going to hell of an uphill battle. In my opinion, I would probably just cut the losses, start over and learn from the mistake.

If you decide to stick it out, flush and transplant ASAP and get it in a new fresh medium. Just my 2 cents

Sorry this happened, and I have my fingers crossed for you that they make a turn around if you decide to stick it out.

I checked on her this morning, the bleach appears to have not phased her at all.

I just transplanted her 6 days ago from a smaller pot to a larger pot to help her roots out, they weren't developing all that great and the stem started splitting about 6" above the soil. When I started Recharge and jiffy plant food, it helped TREMENDOUSLY and she took off with roots and eventually healed the affected areas herself.

After all of that work, I'm nervous that the bleach will fry her roots as it gets to the bottom of the medium and all the time and tried patience will be a waste.

pilto

pilto

I am sorry for being mean. I was wrong and I apologize.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
What would be cool to document the development, I'd like to see how bleach-toxicity characterizes at leaves.

What are its ingredients?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I checked on her this morning, the bleach appears to have not phased her at all.

I just transplanted her 6 days ago from a smaller pot to a larger pot to help her roots out, they weren't developing all that great and the stem started splitting about 6" above the soil. When I started Recharge and jiffy plant food, it helped TREMENDOUSLY and she took off with roots and eventually healed the affected areas herself.

After all of that work, I'm nervous that the bleach will fry her roots as it gets to the bottom of the medium and all the time and tried patience will be a waste.
It should kill any bugs you had microbes included I'd think. I've in the past taken my plant to a wash tube and rinced 1/2 or more of the dirt away from the root ball and replanted in fresh soil. It stalled the plant for about 10 days before it started to grow again but it grew great after that. If you're worried about the bleach in you're soil its an option. They were around 5 foot at the time, mothers I was given to turn that were in rough shape.

Top Bottom