50/50 Coco Perlite,small Cup Bottom Cutted Out In Middle Of 11ltrs Pot With Seedlings Hatched Inside

• Thread starter VzlaDabber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VzlaDabber

VzlaDabber

Hello guys,

Growing six 8-week auto fems from Spain in a 4 x 4 tent, 400 watt hooded an ducted light with a scrubber and 400cfm fan.Need help with this. My humidity was way up .i've been reading some threads that said that one way to lower humidity would be to open the tent vents so it sucks fresh air from the outside and since there's a vacuum inside the tent there will be no air exiting from them just the fresh air coming in so no smell would come out of the tent. Is this true? The only air exiting the tent would be the exhaust air no matter how many vents are open?. tent has been with three vents open the whole morning and got my humidity all the way down from 60% to 43%. but that was experimenting ways to lower humidity i know that the optimal humidity for seedling would be no higher than 70% so now i am raising it again(closed up vents)in 20 minutes it went up from 40% to 43% hope i can get all the way up to 70% again wich was at the highest recorded temp on my measurer. Does my location humidity matter? for example today we're 76% to 96% in Caracas-Venezuela.

Attached a diagram of my setup and tent openings witch are all the same size and look the same as the one I'm using as exhaust from the tent . I also putted in an oscilating fan inside (one of them blade-less ones so the low setting is crap and ended up putting it on nearly the highest setting so it blows facing upwards and oscilating. Should i leave it in to help fortify the stems or take it out to raise humidity?
Also I think one of the sprouted seedlings looks dry or is it just its cotyledons(pic attached). I am worried they just look dry or burnt. I'm new and don't know the difference. All i see on it is that the only pointy set of leaves she has has its points curled up a little bit. Is this because the lamp is too close its at 18" from a 400 watt virtual sun with mh bulb. using 50/50 coco-perlite and the soil gets dry too quick, i've been watering them daily with 6.5ish water only inside small pots witch are bottomless and just buried inside 11lts pots. Should I water the whole pot then?the thing is that the pots feel heavy but at the top where the cup is sitting with the small sproted seedling looks and feels dry and seems a bit too far for the roots to be taking water from the bottom or am i writing out of my ass and it does take in water no matter how far the roots should be from where the water is no matter how dry the top of the soil?

I urgently need to know if i keep watering daily given the small size of the pots or start watering every other day cause there's nothing wrong or twice a day? or what?

Pictures attached and i would greatly appreciate any help.

Attached Thumbnails

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have never grown in a tent, nor in very high humidity, so I don't feel I can adequately answer your questions here. Even with the watering issue, I've only ever started seeds in a seedling mix, so I'm not sure how you would address moisture in rockwool other than by putting water in a try, or going by seedling turgor. And my experience with seedlings drying out is that they die and don't come back. I've never done what you're doing with the seedlings, either, but I feel that if the main pot is well saturated, then capillary action should help draw water up into the rockwool.

That said, if your'e able to make frequent observations, then I would go by those observations. If it appears that the seedlings are not stressed if you water every other day, then do so, but be cognizant of the fact that as they grow their water demands will go up.

The seedlings look happy enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom