50' by 48' by 18' space

• Thread starter haole
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

haole

Hi all!!!

Legal medical grow here in the great state of Montana. :rasta2: We've got some real fire to work with: clone only tahoe, white, urkle, Chemdog #4, abusive, killer queen, sourd, green crack and pre98 bubba. Mr nice SSH and critical mass, Rezdog william wonder, ograskal alien kush and white bubba, dj f13 and flo, billygoat humboldt express, and some more I can't remember right now. :rasta2::rasta2:

We just hooked it up with a brand new warehouse, 2 200 amp services and an office in the corner with a bathroom, about 12' by 20.' Total we have 2400 square feet and 18 foot ceilings.

Trying to plan so that we have enough space to dry the plants after harvest without clogging up the flower room. Considering a vertical setup, but I have to follow state building codes for the most part.

We're just getting started with the planning phase, before this the most I've done is an 8k room.

We'd like to use tropf blumats and canna coco... but we're open to the idea of the undercurrent, or one room of each since alternating rooms seemed to best to keep the environment stable.

At best, IMHO, only 1200-1400 feet of space can be used to flower, because it takes a lot of space to dry and veg.

If we used 1200 feet, in 2 20' by 30' rooms, perhaps 28 lights, giving 46.67 watts per square foot.... but i'm not really used to vert setups so I wasn't sure if the w/sq. ft. changed from a horizontal hooded setup.

I have to minimize runoff to a certain extent to limit how much I drain the ferts into the septic.

Right now, we are in planning and I'm trying to put together some numbers and have a plan together in the next 5-7 days... Any help is appreciated.

:character0103::character0103:

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Your going to run out of power real quick ...But you could get away with a 2 x 20 lighter and a veg / mom room.. Just make sure you have 80 k on deck...Good Luck

J

Jalisco Kid

I would go vertical with your veg and moms and plan your room around the way you are going to grow. For example how many rows and what spacing do they need. I hate 20' across because for my system it does not really allow for 4 rows and just 3 would be too wide. The flower room makes the meds so I would kinda design that first then build around it. JK

H

haole

Your going to run out of power real quick ...But you could get away with a 2 x 20 lighter and a veg / mom room.. Just make sure you have 80 k on deck...Good Luck

Thanks for the reply. Please explain though... with 200 amps I could 45 lights at 220/240, leaving a full 200 amps for a/c, dehumidifiers, fans, etc. So I thought I had plenty of power....?

H

haole

I would go vertical with your veg and moms and plan your room around the way you are going to grow. For example how many rows and what spacing do they need. I hate 20' across because for my system it does not really allow for 4 rows and just 3 would be too wide. The flower room makes the meds so I would kinda design that first then build around it. JK

Thanks! This is exactly my intention for the most part.... I just threw 20 by 30 out there, 25 by 25 is just as easy if you prefer that.

For a vert veg do you use 1000MH?? :smoke

J

Jalisco Kid

By vert I meant to stack your veg grow. Make 2-3 levels to conserve space. You think it is a lot of room and power. Soon you will be sniveling for more like a closet grower.JK

Olyver

Olyver

Need a custom loadcenter or two, is it three-phase. 45 ballasts is about 200A max. I would try and do some staggering, shut off several ballasts at a time to reduce power consumption, peak at about 16OA. Two x 200A service is a total of 96KW. Reduce by 75% to 80% leaves about 72KW to 75KW. The ballasts draw about 45 KW, that leaves 30KW, that's lots. Maybe have two x 200A custom panels built, each can power 22 ballasts, then power the other peripheral equipment. Then you'll need some options.

J

jakew215

you got the heavy hitters helping you here bro. get 'er done.

im not much of a help, but god damn. i hope to see some pictures...

M

Mad Farmer 1620

Ur outa ur damn mind!!! I hope it works out for u bro, those big gardens r some work! If everything is setup propper u minimize your mishaps of murphy's law... But Murphy's always right around the corner! I hope u have a killer team working with u that knows what the fuck they're doing! Post some pics for us when ur all set up!

Here's a shot of the 16 lighter biggest room I've done and it was a fucken hastle! Didn't help that I was the only person managing this beast but hey I love spending 12 hour shifts underneath the lights from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. from time to time.<sarcasm> But seriously, if I had to go back and do it all over again I'd say Fuuuuuuck NOOOOO! It's soooo much work. Have you ever seen deadliest catch??? This shit was like Deadliest Grow! I was on the roof while it's typhooning outside in the middle of the night throwing up Cinder blocks and plastic over an old AC unit on the roof.. In the beginning parts of the ceiling were falling down! A true fucking Nightmare, so just prepare for Murphy my friend!
Picture 130

Taedon83

Taedon83

hope you got all the profit bro... Get some help? have less stress and enjoy the garden next time?

H

haole

By vert I meant to stack your veg grow. Make 2-3 levels to conserve space. You think it is a lot of room and power. Soon you will be sniveling for more like a closet grower.JK

OK... that makes a lot of sense obviously.... maybe make each shelf about 4-5ft high and use t5 (cause they have a low height clearance.)

you got the heavy hitters helping you here bro. get 'er done.

im not much of a help, but god damn. i hope to see some pictures...

:rasta::rasta::rasta: we occupy the building on the 1st, will take some then!!

Ur outa ur damn mind!!! I hope it works out for u bro, those big gardens r some work! If everything is setup propper u minimize your mishaps of murphy's law... But Murphy's always right around the corner! I hope u have a killer team working with u that knows what the fuck they're doing! Post some pics for us when ur all set up!

Here's a shot of the 16 lighter biggest room I've done and it was a fucken hastle! Didn't help that I was the only person managing this beast but hey I love spending 12 hour shifts underneath the lights from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. from time to time.<sarcasm> But seriously, if I had to go back and do it all over again I'd say Fuuuuuuck NOOOOO! It's soooo much work. Have you ever seen deadliest catch??? This shit was like Deadliest Grow! I was on the roof while it's typhooning outside in the middle of the night throwing up Cinder blocks and plastic over an old AC unit on the roof.. In the beginning parts of the ceiling were falling down! A true fucking Nightmare, so just prepare for Murphy my friend!
View attachment 104957

Team? LOL... just me an my boy, but we'll hire some contracters for the buildout, and my other friend might get a job as a janitor lolol.

We gotta hope to avoid a few problems cause we are in a brand new building... but yeah, learning curve will be huge. I'd imagine that with sustained nighttime temps of -30, I might need to heat the place even with 40 lights running constantly..... remains to be seen!

Thanks for reminding me all the BS with new rooms:cool0041::cool0041:.:cool0041:

H

haole

Need a custom loadcenter or two, is it three-phase. 45 ballasts is about 200A max. I would try and do some staggering, shut off several ballasts at a time to reduce power consumption, peak at about 16OA. Two x 200A service is a total of 96KW. Reduce by 75% to 80% leaves about 72KW to 75KW. The ballasts draw about 45 KW, that leaves 30KW, that's lots. Maybe have two x 200A custom panels built, each can power 22 ballasts, then power the other peripheral equipment. Then you'll need some options.

OK.... some good ideas. Let me ask my electrician about such a panel.

Mostly, I need to put together some number for this grow, max budget will be between 50-80k.

With 80 lights all on a custom panel, thats 40 ballasts at about 200 each (unless someone wants to recommend a particular ballast for this operation), (40*200=8000) and 80*100$ bulbs (considering generic bulbs for half the cost), this is 16000$ for bulbs and ballasts.

Thats actually the main reason I wanted vert, no hoods to clean or buy. In order to be code compliant, we were gonna hang the ballasts on the ceiling directly above the bulb it is for... if I use a custom panel to save on ballasts, this is not possible... I'm thinking we'd have to run conduit for long distances if the bulb wasn't hooked to a ballast above it though.

Not sure which cordset mogul base I'm gonna get yet...

thanks for the replies everyone!!! definitely giving me some things to think about. :afroweed::afroweed:

H

haole

I'd try the undercurrents if I could imagine what to do with 2000 gallons of ferted water. Building owner says just run a line to the field next to the building!!! Seemed a bad idea though....

M

Mad Farmer 1620

hope you got all the profit bro... Get some help? have less stress and enjoy the garden next time?

No sir, just 40%... The thing was already turnkey and only 1 time around, I was just thrown in there with all my clones to blow it up! 4 lighters for me for a long time unless I find a good group of guys that are honest and want to do something but never again by myself.... While I was there I was getting notes on the gate that it was foreclosed and wanted cash for keys 30 days into flower. Talk about Paranoia but I finished it out all the way to 60 in a foreclosed home LOL!

M

Mad Farmer 1620

OK... that makes a lot of sense obviously.... maybe make each shelf about 4-5ft high and use t5 (cause they have a low height clearance.)

:rasta::rasta::rasta: we occupy the building on the 1st, will take some then!!

Team? LOL... just me an my boy, but we'll hire some contracters for the buildout, and my other friend might get a job as a janitor lolol.

We gotta hope to avoid a few problems cause we are in a brand new building... but yeah, learning curve will be huge. I'd imagine that with sustained nighttime temps of -30, I might need to heat the place even with 40 lights running constantly..... remains to be seen!

Thanks for reminding me all the BS with new rooms:cool0041::cool0041:.:cool0041:

I always think of the Negatives b4 the positives, I'm sure It'll work out for u... I can tell u there is no way your gonnna need a heater with 40 lights even at night. I'd run your day time light schedule at night if your gonna have temps that cool and depending on u if u wana cut down expenses, a couple intake fans during night would work just as good as an ac unit, just tryin to cut expenses for u.... How long until you think you'll be done?

M

Mad Farmer 1620

These work pretty good for gardens like yours. I had 2 165 gal.'s but I did some looking and they have up to 1100 gal. Resi's. Kinda expensive but your whole Opps a fortune neway.

J

Jalisco Kid

considering running uc's(or something better) I would want to have the money to pay for 3 cycles. Setting up a new way to grow is a bit dangerous. If it works great like jack's first round that's cool. But what happens if you get some rot or an infestation your first round. You need that extra money to keep the lights on and your landlord happy. Then again setting up that much room without a good bucket system would be a crime. I had 1 client that ran my buckets in coir just so he could put away a few nuts first. Then ran hydro.
While your waiting for your building I would be spraying for insects and burning some sulfur. Pretreat your room before you get in there. JK

Edit: I guess I would rather spray some naccosan rather then burn sulfur.

M

Mad Farmer 1620

considering running uc's(or something better) I would want to have the money to pay for 3 cycles. Setting up a new way to grow is a bit dangerous. If it works great like jack's first round that's cool. But what happens if you get some rot or an infestation your first round. You need that extra money to keep the lights on and your landlord happy. Then again setting up that much room without a good bucket system would be a crime. I had 1 client that ran my buckets in coir just so he could put away a few nuts first. Then ran hydro.
While your waiting for your building I would be spraying for insects and burning some sulfur. Pretreat your room before you get in there. JK

Edit: I guess I would rather spray some naccosan rather then burn sulfur.

Yep, wise man! This dude knows his stuff, preventive maintenance is the best cure for anything! I wouldn't try to cut any corners with what u got goin on, remember the story of the 3 little pigs! The first little piggy built his grow room out of sticks but the sticks soon broke and burned his grow room to the ground! The second little piggy used a 12 gauge wire for his electricity but he was running too many lights so he soon burned his grow room down. The 3rd little piggy built his grow room out of bricks properly insulated, the right sized gauged wire with perfect light distribution, full environmental control and he kept his room forever!

Sorry, I like to use analogies sometimes... :winking0067:

deacon1503

deacon1503

With 18' ceilings, make a uc knockoff with 40 gal brute trashcans with 4" pvc conduit.

J

Jalisco Kid

With 18' ceilings, make a uc knockoff with 40 gal brute trashcans with 4" pvc conduit.

That would just take a weak design and make it more so. There is not enough circulation with that system Putting it in a container that is twice as tall as wide would make it worse. JK

Top Bottom