5000K-6000k LED spot question

• Thread starter KYSEAN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KYSEAN

KYSEAN

What would be the best K value and wattage in adding 1 or 2 LED spot lights to supplement my light in the near future? This is just for two indoor plants. Would CFL bulbs work better. As mentioned in another post, my setup has to be on the cheap to keep my wife happy. Seedlings are doing well on the main but I'm pretty sure I'll need more light as they get bigger. I'll be transferring the plants to just a 3 gallon container in the future to help keep size down. I'm keeping a journal on this cheap grow for a future post. Thanks for any help, Sean

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

5000k-6000k would be light that has more blue in the spectrum. This would aid in keeping your vegging plants shorter and stockier. (this is partly genetic and light intensity influenced as well.) However, those blue leaning color temps will not help you much in flower unless you add more red ... like 3000k color temp to the mix.

How successful you are will be entirely related to whether or not you can supply enough light to your plants while balancing out the "keep the wife" happy part.

After-all, happy wife = happy life for most of us.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
What would be the best K value and wattage in adding 1 or 2 LED spot lights to supplement my light in the near future?
so what is your mainlight?
btw, if you're struggling for lamp power/hardware I think you should be focusing to buy efficient lights - go LED they are way stronger than CFL.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

btw, if you're struggling for lamp power/hardware I think you should be focusing to buy efficient lights - go LED they are way stronger than CFL.
If I were to attempt a low budget closet or small tent style grow and I was looking for lighting, I would consider something like this:

I would zip-tie the lights to a sheet of pegboard cut to fit my space and add a timer ... instant low budget light.

KYSEAN

KYSEAN

It's one of the cheaper amazon LED Full spectrum lights that claim 1000w but probably closer to 100-150. It's seem to do well with just 2 plants. I was just wondering about the bigger size plants in the future. i don't think this light will be enough at that time

KYSEAN

KYSEAN

5000k-6000k would be light that has more blue in the spectrum. This would aid in keeping your vegging plants shorter and stockier. (this is partly genetic and light intensity influenced as well.) However, those blue leaning color temps will not help you much in flower unless you add more red ... like 3000k color temp to the mix.

How successful you are will be entirely related to whether or not you can supply enough light to your plants while balancing out the "keep the wife" happy part.

After-all, happy wife = happy life for most of us.
Good info to know, thank you

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
It's one of the cheaper amazon LED Full spectrum lights that claim 1000w but probably closer to 100-150. It's seem to do well with just 2 plants. I was just wondering about the bigger size plants in the future. i don't think this light will be enough at that time
this is ok illumination for a 3*3.
how are your future plants regarding the footprint of your plants?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What would be the best K value and wattage in adding 1 or 2 LED spot lights to supplement my light in the near future? This is just for two indoor plants. Would CFL bulbs work better. As mentioned in another post, my setup has to be on the cheap to keep my wife happy. Seedlings are doing well on the main but I'm pretty sure I'll need more light as they get bigger. I'll be transferring the plants to just a 3 gallon container in the future to help keep size down. I'm keeping a journal on this cheap grow for a future post. Thanks for any help, Sean
My veg lights are t5's fluorescent and I'm not switching, They're cheap, give me good coverage & I like the heat they generate to keep my spaces warm. You can get blue,red,white & full spectrum lamps to help control the type of growth your looking for. I recently added red led's along side of the fixture and that I found out stretches them out more.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I’ve got some extra lights I would sell but I’m not sure about the shipping cost. I have a small 100 watt spider farmer sf1000, viperspectra p1000 (100 watts), and a p1500 (150 watts). Getting away with a cheap set up could be a single 100 watt light for a single plant. Hang one above each and adjust accordingly. You could even have 1 flowering and 1 starting its life. When the one finishes you shift the other plant in and flower while popping some more seeds. This keeps a perpetual cycle going where you harvest a plant like every month on a small setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom