50'N coastal BC,sea level grow

• Thread starter bigbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigbag

shivavaranessi,
these claims r merely speculative,as i havent ran it through a GC/MS to prove it.as 4 pain relief i wouldnt use an over mature haze 2 medicate.imo,the UBC Chemo pot is great 4 pain.same goes for Hashplant and Romulan.next gen used 2 have "the Lizard",wich was a HP x Rom.thats some true painkillers right there.i dont have any heavy duty indicas right now.the PK is strong but not really a painblocker.might have 2 mosey on down 2 the friendly nieghborhood seedbank(gotta love vancouver) and pick up some Chemo(JOI) seeds,also had my eye on Indica Diablo(MMSC)

B

bigbag

nice...got 90% of my plants in.your C99 x GG's r 5'tall by 4'wide already!1 pheno is nugging with pretty pink hairs.the other is in full veg.a buddy is runnin some indoors and its a beast!huge terminal colas that smell like kool-aid@wk 4.
got 1 crazy looking GG x Congo,that doesnt have serrated leaves!??ever seen this trait?

B

BreederBrad2

yup, on the congo x gg, thin and no serration, sativa growth with indica buds..and quick

V

vavilov1

coastal haze

damn bigbag I have been reading about your swamp grows since back on cw (under your old handle). Always make me feel like I have lost my balls somewhere seeing your lineup :whew ... only running two strains this year (MLI and an auto muskoka line).

What's your take on the coastal haze? Do you think the finish date has actually been brought down over the years just from selection within the haze line or something early or auto mixed in? I always wondered how much a line can adapt to short season through selection and coastal haze is an amazing example considering the entirety of the starting line genes would likely be mid Nov finish at earliest.

vav

B

BreederBrad2

i dunno, i personally think there was some mighty mite in the line somewhere...finished planting seed crops

V

vavilov1

lol..mighty mite is always my first guess on strains like this. Lately though I am starting to second guess myself for the following reasons:

morgana's magic - supposedly auto/earlyphoto selected from imported asian/himalayan lines. No mention of MM being thrown in and VC is as reputable as they get in my books

auto afghan - not alot of info but appears to have been an off type from a regular batch of indica seeds. Who knows though as MM as been thrown into so much stuff in canada it is probably lurking in lots of strains unkown.

shantibaba - someone else that I respect alot (even if I think Black/White Widow sucks) on one of his forums noted that complete autoflower genes are actually fairly common in landrace populations. This was in response to a question about one of his regular lines finishing completely under 18 hours.

dubi (Ace Seeds) - (I think) regarding moroccan strains again saying that auto genes are fairly common in landraces.

My best guess is that there are lots of landrace autos out there for the taking so who knows? Sounds like the Coastal Haze leans towards the Green Thai part of Haze? Your description for coastal haze is dead on for the skunk#1xthai haze I used to run. lol I turned into an alcoholic that year just trying to come down from the "nail biting" heart racing paranoid state it would bring me to each night come bedtime!!

B

bigbag

BC Coastal Haze came 2 the BC kootenays via southern cali,circa mid-l8 70's.this was grown as an outdoor/greenhouse seedline,seeds being made every other year or so.i dont think it was hybridized but i cant say.another popular kootenay seedline from that era is the Black Seed(Mexican x Columbian),and i could see them blending the 2.alot of old time growers,ran mexi and colum seeds,transforming them over many generations/seasons.this is what became of the Coastal haze.when i recieved the line and began growing it on the coast,it responded well.the coast has a way milder,longer season than the kootenays,so the haze was happier.haze is mold resistant as the buds r loose and very resinous,so Oct/Nov harvest r a reality.some phenos r alot earlier,but haze has a very long harvest window.
ive tried 2 keep the genetic integrity of the line as pure as could b,but accidental open air pollinations may have occured.the dominant pheno is the(mini,single pole) green haze with the "sweet'n'sour"taste and up high.im working on eliminating the hazes tendacy 2 b a powdery mildew magnet.
im playin with OT1 Haze,and its def the old school haze IBL.goin 2 have 2 hit an OT1 with a BC Coastal male.thanx 4 your continued interest
ps...i just wake an baked with a fresh BC coastal haze reefer and its hittin me like salvia!:character0029:

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
It sounds like i will have to get ahold of that costal and give it a run next year for sure now that i know more about it!!! Keep it up bigbag!

B

BreederBrad2

who else thinks bigbag should bring his awesome seeds to the market?? I DO!:)

B

bigbag

in a perfect world i'll have fresh stock by the fall of;
-BC Coastal Haze(IBL)
-TW/Cambodian aka Kenny(F11)
-TW x TW/Cam (F2)
-TW x Passionfruit(F3)
-OT1 Haze x BCC Haze
-OT1 Haze x Kenny
-Purple Kush x BCC Haze
-PK x Kenny
+ a bunch more im sure,and as always the cutting room floor mix,lol:harvest:

S

soda seeds

who else thinks bigbag should bring his awesome seeds to the market?? I DO!:)

:rock:party0023::yes

Especially after seeing what else could be in the works. Hope ya get that perfect summer bigbag.:harvest:

B

bigbag

just got 30+ yr old cuts via long time sunshine coast grower;
-Texada "Twister" Timewarp
-UBC Chemo
-Dutch Treat
-BC Big Bud
its on!:lock:

I

Ithacus

shhh dont say that too loud, or samskunkman might try to tell you there are no clones that old cuz he never cloned a plant til the 80's haha. good luck with them man, that haze sounds like some kill. I hope you toss it on the big bud cut.

B

bigbag

im sorry the Timewarp and Chemo r from the l8 70's(30 yrs old).Big Bud and Dutch Treat r from the early/mid 80's.u dont have 2 clone 2 perpetuate plants...re-vegging is and was a popular method.BC growers have been doin this a long time.the hippies and draft dodgers have growin since the 60's.Romulan is a BC strain that can b traced back 2 the 60's,apparently

Top Bottom