5Ft wide plants

• Thread starter RoyalRoutes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RoyalRoutes

I have a goal to make my plants around 5 ft wide and 3 ft tall. Has anyone ever put this much stress on a plant? I tried to push every branch down to the rim of the buckets by bouncing them.

I have them under 260 true watts of blurple. Will the lighting be sufficient enough to hold these through this goal?
Good lighting alternatives?
I did a 5x7 scrog before and the plants were very weak by flower under hps. So my second goal here is to make them strong.

5ft wide plants
5ft wide plants 2
5ft wide plants 3
5ft wide plants 4
5ft wide plants 5
5ft wide plants 6
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a goal to make my plants around 5 ft wide and 3 ft tall. Has anyone ever put this much stress on a plant? I tried to push every branch down to the rim of the buckets by bouncing them.

I have them under 260 true watts of blurple. Will the lighting be sufficient enough to hold these through this goal?
I did a 5x7 scrog before and the plants were very weak by flower under hps. So my second goal here is to make them strong.
Don't see a reason why you couldn't.

Migrower

Migrower

You definitely can but you need sufficient lighting. I doubt your light will get you through veg.with multiple plants that size and it will not be sufficient in flower for on plant that size let alone multiple. For lighting there are many forums on here just search.

Rustless

Rustless

Wow okay that puts everything into perspective.
what was that formula to get this number again? (30-50w per sq ft?

3-6 plants per """1000w LED"""" AFAIK

youll have a long veg time, get more lights and then youll want penetration.

Rustless

Rustless

Wow okay that puts everything into perspective.

also keep tying branches down, youll get 5 feet in no time, yes i swear plants grow faster when you bend them and release the Auxin ? and stress them out? also if u have sufficient lighting/food/watering, and if u could add co2 even better.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Better to calculate sq ft. Plants can cover anywhere from 1sq ft-25sq ft. or more.

Penetration is not really an issue in scrog as much as coverage and intensity.

Unless you running a completely sealed room CO2 is not really a good option.

@Migrower suggested looking through the lighting threads here. You will find all the info you ever wanted between them.

Rustless

Rustless

Better to calculate sq ft. Plants can cover anywhere from 1sq ft-25sq ft. or more.

Penetration is not really an issue in scrog as much as coverage and intensity.

Unless you running a completely sealed room CO2 is not really a good option.

@Migrower suggested looking through the lighting threads here. You will find all the info you ever wanted between them.

with weak leds it might an issue even in scrog without lollioppoing and defoliating.

i see what you mean though

am planning on building a shed soon, plan on running Co2 in that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

with weak leds it might an issue even in scrog without lollioppoing and defoliating.

i see what you mean though

am planning on building a shed soon, plan on running Co2 in that.
Nice... Plan it out well is my advice. I run a sealed CO2 room... Big investment for a bit of gain. But I have no choice as I was running a sealed room so needed CO2. Funny enough I didn't build it for co2

Rustless

Rustless

Nice... Plan it out well is my advice. I run a sealed CO2 room... Big investment for a bit of gain. But I have no choice as I was running a sealed room so needed CO2. Funny enough I didn't build it for co2
hahaa

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

In my 3x3 I’m running a 2000W (630W actual) cob led. Very happy with with what what I’m getting out of that. Last harvest I got 13.24 Oz dried out of 4 plants in 5 gal pots. Trying to improve for this current round. I’d think you’d definitely want to bump up the wattage for flower.

2nd week flower, White Fire Alien Kush, again 4 plants in 5 gal pots taken today

3FC72958 98E6 41A2 9D76 2E5239DB8D6B
R

RoyalRoutes

In my 3x3 I’m running a 2000W (630W actual) cob led. Very happy with with what what I’m getting out of that. Last harvest I got 13.24 Oz dried out of 4 plants in 5 gal pots. Trying to improve for this current round. I’d think you’d definitely want to bump up the wattage for flower.

2nd week flower, White Fire Alien Kush, again 4 plants in 5 gal pots taken today

Very nice!! I was curious about COB. What’s the heat like? Did you considered quantum boards

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I've got 1 Cherry bomb I vegged for 4 months, Before I flipped it this week it was 19" tall and 31" across. Its grown 4-5 " since I flipped it. I'm in a 5 gallon pot. Vegged under 200w t-8's. I moved it under my 1000w for a couple of weeks on 18/6 before going 12/12. It should stretch out another foot in all directions before shes done.

BigCube

BigCube

5ft wide plant is standard for scrog guys.
No problem there. A 5 gal bucket would be enough.

You are are going to want much more light than that. At 5x5, you're going to want at least 600w. More like 800w
Your 260w is good for 3x3 at most.

As already said, you want about 35w per square foot.

5x5=25x35=875
3x3=9x35=315

260 is less than 1/3 the light you actually need. Minimum.

This is assuming your light has a high par output and a decent spectrum. Cheap burple lights almost never fit the bill.

If I was to start a 5x5 tent right now, I would have about 1000w in it. Or more like 4 250w to 300w lights, with high par output (around 900 to 1000 par at 12 to 18 inches) and a real full spectrum. Not just blue and red.

Latest posts

Top Bottom