5inches @ 4 Weeks?!

• Thread starter Bullseyebull
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bullseyebull

As the title suggests, my plants are barely 5 inches tall at 4 weeks. I'm getting worried about them, they look good and bushy but I expect plants to grow taller than that after four weeks! Any and all advice appreciated.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Maybe just the strain. I have a GDP cut that will not grow taller then 18". It looks very similar to your plants in structure. They are in a greenhouse next to 4&5 footers that had less veg time then the gdp's that are only 12" tall.

Homesteader

Homesteader

They look nice and healthy. I would try to defoliate some of the lower leaves and branches to try to stimulate the plant hormones to the tips. You could also try adding some kelp extract, as it contains both gibberellins and auxins.

B

Bullseyebull

Maybe just the strain. I have a GDP cut that will not grow taller then 18". It looks very similar to your plants in structure. They are in a greenhouse next to 4&5 footers that had less veg time then the gdp's that are only 12" tall.

I did wonder that is was the strain although the sellers quote that best kept under 1.5m. Don't think that will be difficult

B

Bullseyebull

They look nice and healthy. I would try to defoliate some of the lower leaves and branches to try to stimulate the plant hormones to the tips. You could also try adding some kelp extract, as it contains both gibberellins and auxins.

I'll defoliate the lower leaves...good shout.

B

Bullseyebull

I'm wondering if my LED lights are playing a part in the shortness of the plants...just created a thread about them asking for any reviews or experience with the brand

Homesteader

Homesteader

You could try to raise the height on your light so plant gets less intensity and this will also make them stretch more to go after it.

B

Bullseyebull

I'll try anything atm! I see pics of plants that are 3x the size of mine at 4weeks. Can't fault them other than the height, they look good and smell good. Can tell it's gunna be knockout weed, that's why I want to ensure as much yield as poss

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'll try anything atm! I see pics of plants that are 3x the size of mine at 4weeks. Can't fault them other than the height, they look good and smell good. Can tell it's gunna be knockout weed, that's why I want to ensure as much yield as poss
It could also be pheno related as well. I have some Cornbread Bubba that have 4 different presentations 3 grow to around 4' at harvest and 1 that never gets above 24/25" Try giving them some kelp as someone else mentioned. There is much data on the use of cold pressed kelp and the aminos and growth regulators in it that will stimulate root and plant growth. But again you may have a pheno that no matter what you do will stay low and slow.

B

Bullseyebull

It could also be pheno related as well. I have some Cornbread Bubba that have 4 different presentations 3 grow to around 4' at harvest and 1 that never gets above 24/25" Try giving them some kelp as someone else mentioned. There is much data on the use of cold pressed kelp and the aminos and growth regulators in it that will stimulate root and plant growth. But again you may have a pheno that no matter what you do will stay low and slow.

Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean from pheno?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean from pheno?
Phenotype phenotype. (fē'nə-tīp') The physical appearance of an organism as distinguished from its genetic makeup. The phenotype of an organism depends on which genes are dominant and on the interaction between genes and environment. Compare genotype.

You literally can have 1 strain and end up with varied results depending on the pheno. True breeding strains that have been worked and locked down tend to be more homogeneous. F1's have a lot of pheno variance.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Try and put those things outside for a day or two and see what they do. I have never used LEDs but I was wondering if your light had something to do with it. The kelp and raising the light could help them stretch a lil bit also

B

Bullseyebull

Try and put those things outside for a day or two and see what they do. I have never used LEDs but I was wondering if your light had something to do with it. The kelp and raising the light could help them stretch a lil bit also

no danger those things are going outside. I'm in UK ! Not the ideal climate for them at any time of the year let alone autumn

Top Bottom