5x5 Gorilla Grow

• Thread starter TheMedMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheMedMan

I will be growing 4 plants. White Widow, Northern Lights, Girl Scout Cookies and Critical Kush. It'll be under 1,000 watts and each in a 10 gallon pot. What should I likely yield per plant. Complete newbie here.

The Terps

The Terps

Between 10-315 grams a plant. It's easier to get a better yield if you have an even canopy. That's most easily obtained by running all the same strain. But don't get discouraged if you don't do to well I didn't my first grow. Don't water to often is my newbie tip(water then let the plant dry out before you water again).

hatchbrew

hatchbrew

Too many variables to say what you'll yield. Don't worry about yield. Focus on the day to day fun of being with your plants. Taking care of them, getting to know each strain. Lift each pot everyday, check how much water they've `used. Keep a clean grow, with notes on each strain. The yield will come later.

hatchbrew

hatchbrew

Keep a cutting of each strain in veg in case one is a stand out and so you have plants ready for another run.
Don't cut too early, let them finish.

T

TheMedMan

Thanks guys. I definitely do not have a farmers touch, but an experienced grower, a buddy, is helping me through it all. Seeds are ordered, Tent is on its way, and all the supplies. I have between eight and 12 seeds, but I was thinking of only doing four seeds, so the light could focus more on each, instead of crowding them.

The Terps

The Terps

First step for me would be to find the right pheno. So pop a couple more than you need instead of four I would do six all the same variety in case of males and runts. Then once I had them sexed give them names or numbers and take a clone off of each plant(lable the clones to ex. Plant one and it's clone would be clone one) then either flower the clone or the seed I normally do the seed to save time while the clone is rooting. Then get through your grow and at the end you can determine which ones you liked and the ones you don't. Maybe you won't like any maybe all but get rid of the ones less desired and start again I'd do a couple grows of my favorite pheno first to get familiar with the plant and equipment.

T

TheMedMan

The seeds that I ordered were from altitude, and all feminized.

The Terps

The Terps

Personally I never order fem seeds I like them untreated and I find sexing to be fun and easy but that's just me. Even though they are the same strain they may have different traits.

The Terps

The Terps

Clones are all the same as the plant they came from cause they have the same genes. But when a boy plant loves a girl plant you get what you get! otherwise all human siblings would likely all be the same crazy thought. Pheno hunting is fun but for trying to get dialed in I would think cloning from one mother will allow you to see what works for you better.

T

TheMedMan

Yeah, I want to keep it as simple as it gets at first. Is it possible I get a half pound to 1, from all 4? I'm more excited about using this as a hobby than anything.

The Terps

The Terps

Ya that's definitely possible I just pulled a room of forum gsc and hoping for 800 grams a light but on the run of Sfv I'm about to start I'm hoping to break a 1000 grams a light

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Gsc does best on the boarders i hear so that may work in your favor to max out the others in more direct lighting while still getting a good normal yeild from the cooks.

The Terps

The Terps

Actually if all the bins weigh in the same as the last two I just did I'm only going to get 1 1/2 # a light. But that was on 4x8 now I am on 5x10 tables.

The Terps

The Terps

No check them out they are in the grow room design and set up thread.

dilligaf

dilligaf

you are getting some good info here...as a new grower keep in mind that sometime less is better than more in the nutrients...different strains have different levels of tolerance to nutrient levels..good luck

D

Top Bottom