5x5 w/ 1000w portable ac help???

• Thread starter burnalot420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Ok so there is a 600w and a400w both that are air cooled.They are in a 5x5 tent..a mini split isn't an option..i have to go with a portable,so yea yea i know that minis are better but its the only way for this particular setup.I have never used one an would like to hear recommendations from those who have.I plan on cutting hole in side and venting it in..i have way more neg pressure than needed so i should be fine.What do ya farmers think>??

convex

convex

If you have negative pressure, then I assume you are venting the tent?

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea i have exhausting with a 6in vortex thru lightts and have a 4in vortex in..fan control on the 6..

convex

convex

Taking cool air from outside the tent to cool the lights might be a better first approach.
Then use the 4 inch to vent the tent w/ passive intake.

An AC will not be of much benefit if you are exhausting the air from the tent.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
So being that it is only a 5x,do you think if the cold in was opposite the out on the bottom it will cool it enough?temps are good with only the 600 so really i need to cool for a 400,it should do no?or should i still seal it?

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Ok farmers..summer is almost here and i am goin to need a portable ac for sure..so what do you think about cutting a hole in the side(ac out of tent) and sealing it off..it would be a dual hose with fresh clean air in...there shouldn't be any smell issues beig that there will be neg pressure and the air in is fresh???

Top Bottom