6/6/6/6 or 9/3/9/3 light schedule??? Or something similar?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Sort of sounds ridiculous but has anybody ever tried half day light schedules?
No idea anything about this and I don't see any benefit but I'm just curious.

@Growrx

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I think it is trying something different for the sake of doing something different, whether there is actual science behind it or not.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Can anyone think of any benefits it might have?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Last time a light cycle thread was posted they got into talking about light dep...i was already boogyin out the door i didnt check back in later either

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Yes... Did a crop with 6 hours of light, 12 hours of darkness.
Finished sooner. Yielded less.
This was like twenty years ago... But IIRC, the math was that the saved time to lower yield ratio made it a wash. Biggest pain was keeping track of when the lights were on.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Yes... Did a crop with 6 hours of light, 12 hours of darkness.
Finished sooner. Yielded less.
This was like twenty years ago... But IIRC, the math was that the saved time to lower yield ratio made it a wash. Biggest pain was keeping track of when the lights were on.
Oh that must've been a trainwreck. Theoretically if I had to cut a plant early but I knew a month or 2 in advance then I could do that I guess.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
As long as you arent going into that 9.5 to 12 darkness you should be A ok!

How is light dep erb grown?
Light dep is when you grow outside in a green house but you want to flower when the temps are still good so you put a tarp over it to force flower early.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I wonder if you pushed it to the extreme and did like 1.5 hours on and 0.5 hours off for veg and 1 on and 1 off for flower.
I kind of want to try it to see what happens but I only have 1 tent so I can't.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It was a PITA... But accomplished the goal... Squeeze in one last harvest before putting the house up for sale.
How much faster was it?
What strain as well?
I'm thinking maybe the plant's flower time depends on the amount of days the plant sees (one light cycle and one dark cycle)

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
It depends on the number of nights... Not days. Don't fuck with the dark period.
Strain usually went nine weeks, but finished in six... It was an Afghani we called Punk.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It depends on the number of nights... Not days. Don't fuck with the dark period.
Strain usually went nine weeks, but finished in six... It was an Afghani we called Punk.
24/18=1.333
9/1.333=6.75
Kind of close.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
So 1.5/0.5 and 1/1 wouldn't do anything?

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
So 1.5/0.5 and 1/1 wouldn't do anything?
You mean 1.5 hrs light/0.5 hrs dark and 1 hr light/1 hr dark respectively?
If so, I think that will stress your plants and make them herm... Of course I was told that's what would happen with 6/12, but had nothing to lose and everything to gain... So gave it a try.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
You mean 1.5 hrs light/0.5 hrs dark and 1 hr light/1 hr dark respectively?
If so, I think that will stress your plants and make them herm... Of course I was told that's what would happen with 6/12, but had nothing to lose and everything to gain... So gave it a try.
When I get more space for sure.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I'm running 9/3 now for autos and vegging plants and happy with the results. I have also tried 6/2. Its a DLI experiment for me to see if I could reduce light stress from 18 straight hrs to something more manageable. No miracle insights or revelations yet except it helps keep my environmentals more stable which I like.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm running 9/3 now for autos and vegging plants and happy with the results. I have also tried 6/2. Its a DLI experiment for me to see if I could reduce light stress from 18 straight hrs to something more manageable. No miracle insights or revelations yet except it helps keep my environmentals more stable which I like.
Any slight changes in grow speed?

Top Bottom