6 bucket DWC vertical

• Thread starter vertstyle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vertstyle

Light - Cooltube with a 600 watt hps, about 200 watts CFL's for veg.
Medium- 5 gallon buckets DWC, recirculating with air stones, net pots with hydroton.
Nutrients - Lucas formula, calmag, big bud, overdrive.
Room is 3W x 13L x 7H total.
Veg is about 2ftx3ft.
flower about 4ftx3ft.
10g wire with a 20amp breaker for the room. GFCI outlets.
They get 1-2 months veg depending on how the cloning does and then get moved to the vertical room.

First run was grandaddy purps, purple trainwreck, querkle, mendo purps, early wonder skunk

6 bucket dwc vertical
6 bucket dwc vertical 2
6 bucket dwc vertical 3
V

vertstyle

Total harvest off those was about 280g. I had 1 empty bucket, and 2 plants that yielded basically nothing. So 3 good ones.
2nd round is hindu kush, lemon kush, violator kush, blueberry trainwreck, purple diesel, Purple erkle x sour bubble and they are doing much better. I made my screen bigger and they have still filled it completely. The purple diesel is in the back corner and being taken over by the blueberry trainwreck, it may not make it.

Temps last time ran 80-90f and this round are 75-78f.

I use 4" blue rectangle air stones with a pondmaster ap-100 that pushes a ton of air.

Spotted a few spider mites that hung around from the last round. They seem to be pretty weak and didn't spread to more than a few leafs last time. I'm bombing them and I think that will do it.

DSCF0008
billy liar

billy liar

I'll be watching closly at this one as it is the same principal as the room i am building, only on a larger scale. I'll also be using recirc dwc, but in 60 litre contaiers, with the screen atached to the walls,
peace and good luck.
BL

V

vertstyle

So round 2 went alright. About 450g total off the 600 watt hps.

DSCF0001
FILE0006
Map
Hk2
DSCF0004
V

vertstyle

Round 3.
335g.
Had some hermie issues and some weak plants.
It ended up so full that I couldn't really get any pictures to come out.

DSCF0021
FILE0023
FILE0007
FILE0012
FILE0016
L

Lost

Nice progression. I really like your setup. Very simple and so easy for a small space. Great work!

:)

V

vertstyle

Round 4.
Blueberry trainwreck, chem dawg, chocolope, green crack, pineapple express, purple trainwreck.

Got some lambs bread, romulan, blue dream in veg.
All of the different strains can be difficult but I like the variety.

DSCF0004
DSCF0006
DSCF0010
DSCF0011
DSCF0015
DSCF0016
V

vertstyle

Nice progression. I really like your setup. Very simple and so easy for a small space. Great work!

:)

Thanks, the setup took a bit of work dialing it in (still working on it) but now it basically runs itself. Once a week I have to train the plants. Once a day, or every other day I check on them and adjust ph. I've gone 4 days without checking on them with no problems. I could probably do a week with no problems. Dwc has been very easy. I use a float vale from the hardware store meant for an evaporative cooler to keep the res full.

The small space is hard. I can't get easy access to the plants in the back. I made the screen diameter larger this time, so it's even more of a problem now.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Yeah, I've found that out too! SCROG makes it tough to reach plants. Unless you build a big lazy-susan platform ...

Venom818

Venom818

Nice bro do u think your getting more weight running your light vert.Im thinking of trying this just want to know if it is worth it.

V

vertstyle

I always run different strains and I started this room vertical, so I can't really compare it to horizontal. Before this room it's been about 10 years since I've grown.
The best so far was 1LB off the 600 (.75 gpw) which isn't great but isn't bad. I think 1gpw would be pretty easy if I ran all one strain that was good yielding. I've ended up with some plants producing 1/2 lb each and some only a few grams each in the same grow. Stacking another row of plants on top of these is what I may end up doing, or just making sure I grow really tall ones to use all the vertical space. I'm running 6 plants, but stuffing 50 smaller ones in there on top of each other and stacking lights would up the yield a lot. So basically, I think it's worth doing if you have little horizontal space and lot's of vertical height like I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom