6 plants, 75+ feet of combined growth

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

We had many terrible happenings at the start of the season, notably we lost 40 (!) seedlings before any took. Since then, this is our fourth and best growing season so far. In seasons past our seedlings have always been a bit sick and had to contend with that, I think affecting their final outcome, but not this year. Note the ~35' Japanese maple on the right, and the row of girls on the left:

6 plants 75 feet of combined growth

(closest to furthest):
  • Black Widow
  • NYC Diesel
  • LA Confidential
  • Chocolate Diesel
  • Putang
  • Unknown (we think it's a Purple Roc Berry, but can't be certain)
Just wanted to show the girls off. Harvest is right around the corner, will get better pictures before we take them down. I'm expecting at least 2 of them to top out at 14'.

slysfarm

slysfarm

Very Cool !! I too grow outdoors and my girls are literally trees! Normally I harvest 6-7 plants. This season I have over 20 !! I am a bit overwhelmed, to say the least. Harvesting 6 plants require many hands and hours of trimming... I don't know how I am going to pull this off ?? but it will be fun trying.

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

20! That’s a big garden. How tall did the 7 get?

Last year I harvested 7 plants. There were 9 of us and we got through about half of it in a ten hour day. It’s a lot of work! 20 is insane, might want to get your hands on an automatic bud trimmer, help lighten the workload.

T

Theoldman

Last year I harvested 7 plants. There were 9 of us and we got through about half of it in a ten hour day. It’s a lot of work! 20 is insane, might want to get your hands on an automatic bud trimmer, help lighten the workload.
Not height . Quality and quantity is the key.

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

We had many terrible happenings at the start of the season, notably we lost 40 (!) seedlings before any took. Since then, this is our fourth and best growing season so far. In seasons past our seedlings have always been a bit sick and had to contend with that, I think affecting their final outcome, but not this year. Note the ~35' Japanese maple on the right, and the row of girls on the left:

View attachment 1274487

(closest to furthest):
  • Black Widow
  • NYC Diesel
  • LA Confidential
  • Chocolate Diesel
  • Putang
Just wanted to show the girls off. Harvest is right around the corner, will get better pictures before we take them down. I'm expecting at least 2 of them to top out at 14'.
Sweet! What nutrients do you use? I'm learning a little KNF (korean natural farming) personally I loathe acronyms, they exclude those who don't know the definitions.
Just started a gallon of fermented fruit juice, (FFJ) to aid in bud weight & overall dankness.

All this is rather new to me, but after 3 years of continually learning from mentors and personal experience, I'm stoked.

Wish all the Boutique Organic Home growers could all get together like the corporate big dogs and have a Flower Festival. It would be great to meet greet and sample and trade amongst ourselves.
But O well in another place and time perhaps that would be possible?
Beautiful ladies you got there. Looking forward to your harvest time and seeing some of your dank buds.
Peace and Love out...✌❤😎
20220825 165037

Last edited:
T

Theoldman

As a old beginner

I’m a old guy. I like to strike conversation the old way. I’m harmless. Nice plants.
I don’t know the npg ferterlizer, I got from my deceased grandfather. It works for me.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter

Around here you can actually hire people. And what is right around the corner? A month?

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Sweet! What nutrients do you use? I'm learning a little KNF (korean natural farming) personally I loathe acronyms, they exclude those who don't know the definitions.
Just started a gallon of fermented fruit juice, (FFJ) to aid in bud weight & overall dankness.

All this is rather new to me, but after 3 years of continually learning from mentors and personal experience, I'm stoked.

Wish all the Boutique Organic Home growers could all get together like the corporate big dogs and have a Flower Festival. It would be great to meet greet and sample and trade amongst ourselves.
But O well in another place and time perhaps that would be possible?
Beautiful ladies you got there. Looking forward to your harvest time and seeing some of your dank buds.
Peace and Love out...✌❤😎
Thanks! That’s be a swell idea, maybe something the site mods could consider and help to organize?

I did a lot of bro science. All organic and I probably went a bit overkill with the nutes. I also love making teas and really only feed with teas. At any given point I have a tea or alfalfa meal and bootstrap molasses festering away in the greenhouse, and I give that to them roughly weekly. Maybe bi weekly if I forget.

The key is to laying down your bedding. Before the frost last year I put down a ton of random nutes and compost into the soil, mixed it, and let it winter. Then back in March or so I dig a 3’x30’ trench and did some magic.

-Michigan made mix, the white bag, was my golden ticket it and I probably put 4-5 bags of it into the trench.
-25 lb bag of worm castings
-some fish sh!t
-few pounds of azomite
-few pounds of guano
-few pounds of alfalfa meal
-few pounds of bone meal
-few pounds of Biolive
-few pounds of blood meal
-4-5 bags of happy frog potting soil
-many cups of Neptunes harvest fish fertilizer

Then I feed every week or two with the alfalfa and Mikrobs. And in between those feedings usually a bit of guano and langbenite or more fish shit. Now that they’re flowering I’m putting down general organics bloom.

Like I said, bro science and probably a bit of overkill but my plants are happy and healthy. Also, the Japanese maple grew noticeably more this year, the ink it was benefitting from all the food!

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

Thanks! That’s be a swell idea, maybe something the site mods could consider and help to organize?

I did a lot of bro science. All organic and I probably went a bit overkill with the nutes. I also love making teas and really only feed with teas. At any given point I have a tea or alfalfa meal and bootstrap molasses festering away in the greenhouse, and I give that to them roughly weekly. Maybe bi weekly if I forget.

The key is to laying down your bedding. Before the frost last year I put down a ton of random nutes and compost into the soil, mixed it, and let it winter. Then back in March or so I dig a 3’x30’ trench and did some magic.

-Michigan made mix, the white bag, was my golden ticket it and I probably put 4-5 bags of it into the trench.
-25 lb bag of worm castings
-some fish sh!t
-few pounds of azomite
-few pounds of guano
-few pounds of alfalfa meal
-few pounds of bone meal
-few pounds of Biolive
-few pounds of blood meal
-4-5 bags of happy frog potting soil
-many cups of Neptunes harvest fish fertilizer

Then I feed every week or two with the alfalfa and Mikrobs. And in between those feedings usually a bit of guano and langbenite or more fish shit. Now that they’re flowering I’m putting down general organics bloom.

Like I said, bro science and probably a bit of overkill but my plants are happy and healthy. Also, the Japanese maple grew noticeably more this year, the ink it was benefitting from all the food!
Sounds like your getting it all dialed in! My main new thing this year was building a giant worm bed with 2000 lbs of castings. Any time I want Worm letchea I just turn the drip hose on for 15 or 20 minutes and harvest fresh letchea to soak the ladies with. They've been loving it and I dont have to compost my food scraps, just feed em to the worms! I'm also thinking no matter what happens to our supplies and cost / availability, I'll keep on keeping on with my Vermiculture set up. I
I'm using most of the same type nutes you mentioned. Adding a few sprout teas with corn / alfalfa , lentils. They seem to enjoy the probiotics enzymes and hormones from the SST.seed sprout teas.
Happy growing. Harvest time is getting closer every day as the buds stack and bulk up! ✌❤😎
20220421 132159
20220504 102112

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

What strain do you think these are?
I'm thinking the one on the right is Sativa dominant and on the left indica? As to specific strains, there are way to many to make a good guess. Did I get it right on the general types?
Bro, if you use the same techniques and grow in the ground, the skys the limit
I see 5 lb + ladies in your near future!

C

Christos1974

View attachment 1274487

(closest to furthest):
  • Black Widow
  • NYC Diesel
  • LA Confidential
  • Chocolate Diesel
  • Putang
The one on the right doesn't look like a pot tree.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Hey there GMa, Nice job on the girls, they should give you a nice supply for the winter. If I can make a suggestion on trimming I'd cut as many leaves off as posible the day of harvest while they're still on the plant. It makes it so much easier to cut the leaf stems off while they're standing away from the plant. If you harvest then trim all the leaves are hanging and need to be individually lifted and cut. If you have to break or bend branches as you do it well so be it, your cutting them anyways

Latest posts

Top Bottom