6 pre 98 6K Vert

• Thread starter badhalf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
badhalf

badhalf

Hello Farmers here are 6 pre 98 ladies 12 days into flower. im having trouble getting rid of thrips just when i think there gone I found one tonight. I bombed the room with pyrithrum 4% fogger 3 days befor i flipped and that was 3 total bombing one every 2 weeks. is there anything else i can do before its too late? anybody know if lady bugs work? thanks farmers.
B.

6 pre 98 6k vert
6 pre 98 6k vert 2
6 pre 98 6k vert 3
6 pre 98 6k vert 4
badhalf

badhalf

Tabacoo tea never heard of it. can you explain a little more of the process? Feed the medium or spray?

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

maybe...

Diamateous Earth, drench 1st. with it in water; then top dress lightly.
you can also spray it on the plants tops and bottoms. won't hurth them& you can rinse it off too.

i use the food grade stuff just in case (but use a mask while working with it in the dry state)

i know you are verting, but come flowertime i'd find away to put those lights in the middle of the plants (height wise). like cage growers do it in their vert grows.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

below is 411 that came from a link on this site.

Controlling Sciaradae

Pesticides: I have found that after using numerous approaches and products (biological and pesticide) the Permethrin based products (Coopex, Axe etc) are the most effective treatment for totally eradicating Sciaradae from the crop. Permethrin is non systemic and and degradates (neutralises) quickly which makes it ideal as it is not up taken by the plant in any way.

The product I typically work with is Coopex WP 250g/kg powder which comes in 25gram sachets. Coopex is manufactured by Bayer and is widely available in most countries. Mix one sachet to 10 litres, hand water (drench) the media and leave for an hour. After this, flush with pH adjusted nutrient and you are ready to go.

Yellow sticky traps hung at media height will trap the adult Sciaradae. This will help reduce numbers. More importantly it will allow you to monitor whether Sciaridae are present in the growing environment.

Tip (About Sciaradae)

Look out for:

Signs of the pest through the use of yellow sticky traps

Deformed leaves and generally unwell plants can indicate an infestation of Sciaradae

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Monterey Bug spray. Has spinosad in it and its organic. Has killed thrips and they've never came back. I spray my plants with a mild dose every other day now. No bugs whatsoever.

badhalf

badhalf

"i know you are verting, but come flowertime i'd find away to put those lights in the middle of the plants (height wise). like cage growers do it in their vert grows."

I am going to lower them i had them high cause of lumen stress when i had them mid level there drooped over from lumen stress then I raised them the problem went away. I ve been thinking they should be lower.

Thanks hope and Ronv for the info

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

+1 for spinosad. I use naturalyte which contains spinosad. I only had thrips once and I used the spinosad 2 times with a 3 day increment in between then I hit them with floramite one time for good measure (also with 3 days inbetween sprayings). A good rule to follow is never to flip if your girls are showing signs of stress from lumen shock or bugs. It is much easier and safer to fight the bugs in veg and you dont have to worry about smoking pesticides. Also in a vert you want to be able to have the lights at the right level without lumen shock before you flip or it will hurt your yields. I usually have the girls in my vert for about 10-14 days before I flip so they get used to the light. During the first week I have about half of my lights on then I work my way to having all of them on but above the plants like yours now. after 10 days they will get used to it then I drop the lights to the flowering level and flip after 3-4 days there. Thrips are especially troublesome in flower too as they will build houses inside the buds and then it wont matter what you spray they will come back and when you crack open the buds they will be inside(not good if you want to keep your patients imo)

J

jayrock2580

Montgomery garden insect spray. Spray heavy. One application will kill them all

badhalf

badhalf

here's another picture, over head shot. i have an MH in the middle should i switch it out with an HPS now that im in bloom. a friend of kept a mh mix with hps all the way thru with good results but his lights are horizontal not vert. now that i lowered my lights i dont think it is as efective as i thought it would be.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good, Badhalf....

Can't give you any pesticide advise, my grows are using a systemic in veg, but have heard Spinosad works on mites......

badhalf

badhalf

No worries bout the pest advise. Thanks for the compliment bud. i got the Mr dizzle 4 to 1 ratio going on although i added cocomats to line the side and bottom of my old mpb buckets. the racks are 36" by 39" by 6' 6" with wheels but its so tight in there its a pain spinning them.

M

mile hi 420

I like your style and the pre 98 is looking good as trees. Interested in the yields as the pre 98 is one of my lower yielders but one of the best quality.

I have tried everything under the sun to kill thrips for good. tried montery garden spray, gnatrol, nematodes in the dirt, no pest strips, sticky traps, azatrol, neem oil, pyrethium bombs wiping entire crop and starting fresh and many others and some kill them off temporarily....most slow your plants and stunt if not kill them. But have had thrips for 4 years now and have been pulling really good crops over and over without doing any battle to the thrips. The plants look great, healthy and yield well. Plants dont get sprayed with anything ever and the thrips just kick it. Those evil little bitches:mad0233: but for real they are all over outside and will come right back. I have just learned to live with the bastards rather than destroying crops and polluting my meds.

R

ROIDRAGER

I like your style and the pre 98 is looking good as trees. Interested in the yields as the pre 98 is one of my lower yielders but one of the best quality.

Ive ran a pre98 S1 and it has better yield and better vigor than the pre98 and its the exact same nugs.

Selfher and get ya some seeds to run

C

CereaLED

I cant PM and dont mean to sidetrack the thread but where did you get seeds from?

I have seen caliconnect carries them and just went to order 2 weeks ago and they just like totally sold out everywhere.

Badhalf.... I use AZAMAX whenever i have any pest problem and that is all natural organic and can even the day of harvest. At least that is what they advertise but i never spray within the last month.

Works great, give it a total foliar coverage -top to bottom and backside of every leaf every 3 days and should knock everything out

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

:sign0065:
Thrips are easy mode in veg!! Two applications of naturalyte 3days apart and they are Gone! If they are outside seal up your grow! The only pest I have decided to just live with is my girlfriend and that is plenty for me!

badhalf

badhalf

so far so good i used the monteray insect spray and no sign. :mad0233:. thanks for the help farmers.

Top Bottom