6 strains in the same hydro system :)

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
sorry for the double post, but looking at that first pic, pretty sure we rock the same camera on almost the same helmet. is that a shoei rf1200?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

did we just become best friends?

For real though, I'm no fair weather rider. Sure, my gear is pricier than anyone with financial expense would justify, but then again I grow weed 🤷‍♂️ gorgeous bike. You've got one of the good R1s. Have had my eye on a liter bike for a bit now, though my wrist keeps reminding me that the 80hp my SV makes is more than adequate for the kind of riding i do. one day...
Get you one for real, I remember the first time I hammered it. Felt like the bike was just gonna go without me lol. Was hanging on for dear life. Now, lol.. It's rare someone can out race me. Gotta stop too cause so many die out here on these twisties. I'm in the sticks lol.. Nothing but corners... So fun.

Nah it's bell with a snow mobile visor for anti fog. I buy cheap shit.. Lol I mean I'm running hids in my tent.. Anyways 4am comes early.. Putting phone down.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Get you one for real, I remember the first time I hammered it. Felt like the bike was just gonna go without me lol. Was hanging on for dear life. Now, lol.. It's rare someone can out race me. Gotta stop too cause so many die out here on these twisties. I'm in the sticks lol.. Nothing but corners... So fun.

Nah it's bell with a snow mobile visor for anti fog. I buy cheap shit.. Lol I mean I'm running hids in my tent.. Anyways 4am comes early.. Putting phone down.
for sure. get some shut eye bud. rubber side down ✌️

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Here is one of a buddy escaping death. He was new and I've never road with him since.

The other is just a video I made of all my footage for event we went to.

I let him trail me so he was feeling too confident when I told him to lead and I'll follow. He passed me, and this was his first corner leading lol..

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

@Aqua Man other than the crispy top leafs on the front right plant think it will be fine?

For those wondering what I'm talking about. My exhaust fan kicked out, causing a ballast to overheat and kick out. Ran the tent on one light with no exhaust for up to 5hrs today. Room temp went to 85,no biggie, but rh hit 90% lol.. The walls were soaked.. The buckets were soaked.. But the plants seemed fine.

I put in my back up fan, half the cfm, but all metal unlike thst plastic peice of shit. Anyways.. All is back to usual..

My concerns is mold or budrot? Like the rh is still 60 and dropping. It's normally 50% give or take a bit. So I bet alls fine, I just don't want this shit to die. I'll early harvest if I have to lol.. But there's really no red hairs.

I will redesign the lights and exhaust system after this is harvested.. I will ensure after this grow a problem like this will never hurt me. Imma have two fans on different circuits now.. Dumb... I'm mad.. This is still dumb.. Even though it's prolly fine now. Luckily I run my shit cooler than most. The ac unit next to it helps I'm sure. That rh though. . Anyways.. Rant over.

20211028 204709
20211028 204239
tobh

tobh

Supporter
you're good bud. the plants will be fine, fuck off with a vortex fan though. I've always suspected they were garbage. I can however recommend an AC infinity as replacement. Bit pricier than vortex and vivosun, but their fans are legit. So long they're not ran at top speed, they're actually pretty fuckin quiet too.

EDIT: explanation for my assumption of shit. anything that's plastic and combines the colors black and red is likely not worth its price. flashy != good. Only things that are good with black and red plastics do 150mph+ and make my heart flutter with joy with their exhaust notes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man other than the crispy top leafs on the front right plant think it will be fine?

For those wondering what I'm talking about. My exhaust fan kicked out, causing a ballast to overheat and kick out. Ran the tent on one light with no exhaust for up to 5hrs today. Room temp went to 85,no biggie, but rh hit 90% lol.. The walls were soaked.. The buckets were soaked.. But the plants seemed fine.

I put in my back up fan, half the cfm, but all metal unlike thst plastic peice of shit. Anyways.. All is back to usual..

My concerns is mold or budrot? Like the rh is still 60 and dropping. It's normally 50% give or take a bit. So I bet alls fine, I just don't want this shit to die. I'll early harvest if I have to lol.. But there's really no red hairs.

I will redesign the lights and exhaust system after this is harvested.. I will ensure after this grow a problem like this will never hurt me. Imma have two fans on different circuits now.. Dumb... I'm mad.. This is still dumb.. Even though it's prolly fine now. Luckily I run my shit cooler than most. The ac unit next to it helps I'm sure. That rh though. . Anyways.. Rant over.
Be fine if it's not an extended period of time. If you see any condensate on leaves just add a fan to the area. Believe it or not there are ppl who run 70%RH to harvest and no issues with bud rot. The key is no condensate on the leaves or buds.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Didn't think about it being a peice of shit lol. It's vivosun. Said it could do almost 900cfm for 55$ lol, jokes on me. So I plan on buying another 8 inch metal fan at Lowes for 55 bucks, I'm running just one now. I'm going to put them both on just incase one kicks out.

When I harvest, those lights are being redesigned. Already know how imma do it, just hard go explain. Gonna convert it to a sealed hid room. But the hids won't actually suck air from in the grow room, I'll strait pipe it though the room and vent in from the bathroom, and blow it right outside. Then I can figure out how to exhaust and heat and cool a sealed room, and then I can add co2 one day. Right now it will all just blow outside, like all my ac.. Lol.. This hids and blowing air outside has raised these bills. Almost to the spot where dispensarys arnt sounding to bad lol.. Joking.. I'm in this for the long haul.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
sounds like a solid plan. especially going sealed, you cool the lights with their own hvac, and that eliminates 90% of your heat issues. Then you can control the climate much better, take advantage of CO2, and truly run a sealed room as it should be.

Have the dream of one day being able to do just that. Something like @1diesel1 setup. Beyond clean. Stick shed, mold resistant sheetrock, TPO line everything, floor drains, sealed so even a CH can't sneak through unless the door's open. mmmm dreams.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The good - seedlings going great, even gotta close of up fixing helmet head in the short vid. Plants are all doing well still, even the ones flowering.

The bad - my metal exhaust fan is only 400cfm compared to the 760 I had. But it's all metal and should last. This is actually tally causing one of my lights to get too hott.. . I think. I just know my outlet is kicking out and it's getting hott. I turned it down to the 750w setting and am going to lowes now to buy another. I must have two not only incase one fails, but so it exhausts the light heat better.

I will fix this issue after harvest. Hope you enjoy the videos.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I did a trial 2 runs ago i had a helmet head that i left alone to fend for herself as i thought she'd be pissed.

Then picked her to be one of my 4 plants that i finished.

She ended up being the second best yielder of the 4.

Vigor?

Screenshot 20211029 183525 Gallery
20210701 092122

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I almost placed it upside down because I heard thats how it pulls the shell off naturally. I guess im just in a hurry to get them leafs sucking light. I have been waiting forever to turn this light up. Once I see leafs on the other one with helmet head I should be able to put it to 7k lux. I keep it at 5k until first node, then I slowly bump it according to leaf color. I was actually able to see leafs on that one within 3 days of it being a dry seed. I was contemplating covering the other 4 with a plastic dome to slow the light from getting to them, but instead im going to just lay the mylar under the 2 smallest ones first, that is once they break the surface. That should give them more light than the others, then when they catch up ill crank the lights up on them. . gonna be a short veg which is why. I have a feeling ill be choping the entire tent within 30 days. Hell 5 out of the 6 plants im flowering have 99.9% white hairs still, im assuming that means a month at least?

Might need to understand this brown paper bag method for drying. Will it work in 65F? I dont think I can get my temps any lower than that :(

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Installed an extra 6 inch fan. Now I have one 8 inch all metal duct fan and an all metal 6 inch fan. Together they don't even run as good as my other, but vivosun also said they are shipping me a new one free. I'll figure out a use for it eventually. End fame is an infinity cloudline fan but I can't afford it atm as usual.

5/6 plants are still 99% white hairs. The other plant looks like I could partial harvest the top, but the buds are so small. Most of the buds are red hairs. Imma keep letting it go until the others are done since it's hard to get to lol..

Anyways business as usual now.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Orange cookies x Nicole is in video. Small yield when compared, but oh are they frosty. First trim done, now for the 7 day dry in, 65f. Then I'll see if it needs another week.

Just a top partial harvest. Just a hair over three months.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I'm drying in 65f, lowest I can get it. Had I a do over I wouldn't have grown the orange cookies x Nicole, very light yielding.

I'm also sure now I switched the gelot and tut last grow on accident. Cause these gelots look alot like my last king tut. This means instead of growing the bigger yielder from my last grow I grew the smallest plants lol.. Again.. Wow.. So the gelot. Og yield was bad and the tut was good.. Fml.. Oh well.. We know what's coming soon...

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Videos are of grow obviously but I have a few questions.

I am going to cultivate for this guy and double my systems. Meaning I can rotate them where one is always on, 12/12.

My new building needs heat. I have been creating diagrams to heat it using these Hids. I plan on blowing the heat to a main duct that will keep it dispersed through the basement. I don't think I will drywall or insulate the cealing so that I can apply a radiant heat effect to the upstairs which will go unused.

Do you all know about how many btus the average hid does, 1000w? I plan on putting a dump valve to a pid thermocouple loop. This way the excess heat will just get dumped outside or diverted upstairs.

How many sqft do you think 4 - 1000w Hids can heat?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Can't answer directly but I do switch my air cooled lights ducting to heat the grow during the winter. What I can possibly help you with is sharing a major f' up I made when going down the 2 room 12/12 light heat recovery path. Light leaks! get inside your tents and make sure one is COMPLETELY dark while the other is on.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Can't answer directly but I do switch my air cooled lights ducting to heat the grow during the winter. What I can possibly help you with is sharing a major f' up I made when going down the 2 room 12/12 light heat recovery path. Light leaks! get inside your tents and make sure one is COMPLETELY dark while the other is on.
If we're being honest, I've never worried about light leaks on small levels. I can guarantee my plants have never seen pure darkness lol. My door is a tarp that's blue. Since I'm running such high intensity lights, and plants are use to say, moonlight.. I don't worry about it. Like my window is just covered with drywall and light leaks through it from like 6am to 9am. Sometimes I have to go into the bedroom and kick the light on, this will for sure cause alot of light leaks.

My thoughts from reading what others have said is as long as its not alot of light it should be ok.

Eventually I'll have it sealed, but atm I can't due to needing it tore down one day. Still working on how to build my new permenant grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom