6 strains in the same hydro system :)

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I had great luck on my first hydro grow so I'm attempting something even more challenging.

I have started 6 seeds listed in the pictures. I have created a small 6 plant Fallponics system and will have it in a 2x4 veg room.

When I get my 4x8 flower room finished I will then transplant them into it. Should be a similar fall phonics system, in a round about way lol..

I have also added airstones and filled it with RO water. Just waiting on my sprouts :)

My 4x8 isn't done yet lol, so these will veg until it is :/

6 strains in the same hydro system
6 strains in the same hydro system 2
6 strains in the same hydro system 3
6 strains in the same hydro system 4
FourPlants

FourPlants

Very nice. Hope to watch this progress and see some good stuff. I am on my first grow and running RDWC. Only running one strain since its my first. I have quite a few strains in my collection ready to be grown and sampled though.

Cheers

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

As a small-time grower who likes variety, I'm all in favor. Some plants will be less happy than others, but variety. When I'm just smoking one strain, no matter how much I like it, it becomes meh.
I am cool with smoking one strain if it's something I like. I can do it for months. Yet I do like having choices. Sometimes to many choices can stuck leaving you with a weird high lol.. I tend to mix.

I am really just trying to learn and push my own limits. Like if this works, and my 4x8 is packed with 6 strains lol.. . I would feel a little too good about myself ya know? Right about that times when I'm waiting for karma to bite me lol.. You can only stay up for so long before something knocks you silly.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I am cool with smoking one strain if it's something I like. I can do it for months. Yet I do like having choices. Sometimes to many choices can stuck leaving you with a weird high lol.. I tend to mix.

I am really just trying to learn and push my own limits. Like if this works, and my 4x8 is packed with 6 strains lol.. . I would feel a little too good about myself ya know? Right about that times when I'm waiting for karma to bite me lol.. You can only stay up for so long before something knocks you silly.
Hey, yield always suffers, at least little, when you have multi-strain grows. That should satisfy the Karma gods.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Soaked seeds for 24hrs in distilled.

Paper towel method additional 24hrs with distilled water.

Rockwool presoaking in 200 ppm. Seeds will be place in Rockwool now.

I will then place the cubes into the hydro system, which is at 10ppm with only RO water. The level is below the cube so it shouldn't dilute the cube too much. Once I see leafs, I will raise the system water level a bit and put it at 250 ppm and stop top feeding.

Currently washing clay pebbles and getting netpots for cubes.

I will also add a few elbows to my plumbing on the lid so it's flush with the lid instead of having big loops. Then I will cover it with a sheet of mylar and cut out the netpot holes. I might use some foam board for the lid if water Temps don't stay below 72.

20210729 133046
20210729 132601
20210729 140443
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I ramble alot, so yea..

Entire system is at 200ppm. Cubes will always be 1/3rd submerged to prevent top feeding.

Time to place the seeds in the rockwool, cover with hydrogen and hope for the best... Lol..

20210729 173005
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

OK last photos for a week or so. I'll post more when leafs come, or in a week lol.. If they don't come too :(

System is at 200ppm, 5.7ph, lights are at 18/6. Water temp is 72, room temp is 72, 6k lux at top of lid.

Time to finish my 4x8 flower room now... Progress on that in the next few weeks.

20210729 180132
20210729 181636
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

4 out of 6 sprouted fast, the other two havnt moved in 24hrs.

I soaked them all too long in distilled. All seeds were soaked for about 30hrs instead of 16.

Oh well, live and learn..

Regardless I'm off to one hell of a start when compared to my first and only grow.

20210731 184332
20210731 184401
20210731 184413
20210731 184343
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I've not had much success with RW cubes.. Curious to see how your approach works out, so I'll take a seat..
I'm just lazy honestly. I use them to wick up the water so I don't have to top feed.

I'm worried I started them too low. I have small light leaks in the netpot webbing. I can literally put mylar in it now and cut holes, but I need to go buy a few more elbows so the lines are flush and not lopped.

I also let the paper towels near fully dry out :(

I'm confident now, after seeing these boom so fast, that had I not made germination mistakes, the other two would have sprouted.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I ran 2 strains, in 2 separate Waterfarms with a shared 5 gal. reservoir... Flora Nova Bloom start to finish.. Blue Mystic and Blackberry. Worked fine for me, since they didn't share a light or a scrog screen.. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/deep-water-culture.93398/page-3#post-2082531
Yea I plan on training them and moving them around to where they are more of a slope so I can just slope the scrog lol.. I'm very hopeful haha

As for my #5 and #6 still no movement after 36hrs, germinating replacements now.

Since both 5 and 6 were in the same paper towel l plate that got dried out, safe to say that was the issue. Just sucks when u work multiple 12hr shifts in a row :( I'm off the next few days so I can baby them.

As for the other 4, all got green leafs one day after taking out of paper towel lol.. Wtf.. Dat was fast

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Ppm rose to 225 due to me submerging rockwool and using old clay pebbles. The solution is stable now for about 12hrs no fluctuations.

Ironically the water temp is 75, it's very warm due to no chiller and no res outside tent. I plan on insulating the lid and putting mylar on it, after all have sprouted above netpots,which will be next week it seems.

I have two more seeds started to replace the one that I broke lol.. Yes I broke one when I was pulling the shell off the top. The rockwool was too low in the netpot, shell was fully submerged.. I broke it fucking with it.. Life goes on

Overall system performance is far greater than I expected.

20210803 121948
20210803 121957
20210803 122004
20210803 122016
20210803 122040
20210803 122040
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The other 3 look great. So the ppm was 220 and the seeds were actually sitting in the solution since its a wicking system. So since the shells opened up practically under water, the nutrient solution stuck to the new growth causing burn.

Since the stalk looks great, and they both keep stretching, imma keep them in there and see what happens lol. I got faith, do you??

As for my 2 seeds germinating, I'm about to place one in the empty slot. She will be a bit behind, but it should be ok.. Imma stress and top the hell outta them with a decent veg so it won't matter.

Anyways, it's fun watching these seeds take off.

I will raise the rockwool slightly on the next starter set. Instead of over 50% submerged I'll go 10%. The shell needs the be dry when it opens, or in only RO.

Did I mention I love hydro??

20210804 181205
20210804 181226
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

4x8 flower room is slowly coming along. Venting for light is done. Now all I gotta do is run some 10awg and install a 30amp breaker lol.. Didn't realize it would kick out the other grow room if breaker tripped. I can't plub the ac to it yet due to not knowing if I even need it. I havnt been able to run the lights at 100% without kicking the breaker.

As for the veg room.. They gonna work.. But it's just slow.. I might have to learn this thing called cloning.. Even though that defeats the entire purpose of 6 different strains. The next batch were all suppose to be different too :/

I'm also going to mount a 2x2 to the top of the light... It's not very strait and it needs a way better hanger lol.. Shits held together by the twists in the straps hahahahaha

The little sprouts are also coming along nicely. I dunno if that other seedling is gonna sprout. My germination method are dumb. So the paper towel was slimey when I opened it? I only used to water.. But the ink from my pen leaked in, and I'm sure the paper plates got something on them that aided.

I have faith.. But not really.. If this seed won't start.. Imma practice cloning I guess. I got some gel of some sort, and it's hydroooo son. So I got faith.

20210806 180638
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Make that 5 strains. King tut failed germination. The one in the picture sprouting is another gelot. Og. It was my big hitter last time so other than the title of this thread, I'm not to butthurt

Ppm stable 220, ph stable 5.7, water Temps 76 and climbing as I turn up light.

That said looks like I'm mounting the water lines flush right now and slapping mylar on the top. Need to get those Temps down. I was at 5k lux now I'm 10k. So I assume the Temps are about to skyrocket.

Regardless, the plants are looking perfect and growing fast :)

Positive note, I have not topfed. Still wicking it up. I have done nothing but add. 25ml of ph down every 30hrs... It takes 30hrs for ph to climb from 5.7 to 6.0

Set it.. And forget it

20210808 131232
20210808 131001
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Hey man looking good. I used a similar tote on my first dwc and had light penetration due to the lid being on the thinner side. I would cover that sooner rather than later. Also if the water level is still touching the baskets I would lower that to about an inch below the pots. Looking good though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom