60 X 1000 Watts Under Current Hydro 20 Tons Of Ac And Some Co2

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Drop em like it's hot

Gots to agree with DD....at this stage of the cycle those plants should be ready to take all you can give em in regards to lighting...keep up the great grow show.

S

Socachi

Dude I've searched through several of your threads for over an hour and didn't find it. There were a few pics in your coco grow but it didn't show the detail.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Hi Jack

Any chance you could get those bulbs any lower? It seems you are losing a ton of light there bro. You would really up your yield if those bulbs were direct on to the side of the plant. I would estimate looking at your pics that your losing 50% of the available light from your bulbs.

sweet grow though mate

dds
This is the hieght I am running the bulb next to the plant, How much lower should I go and do you have a picture of a plant and bulb ? Thanks for your input I do raise the lights when im working and taking pics but sometimes I question where exactly the bulb should sit.Thanks Bro
Gots to agree with DD....at this stage of the cycle those plants should be ready to take all you can give em in regards to lighting...keep up the great grow show.
Do you have a pic of a vertical bulb and a plant so I can see where I should have them?

DAY2720033
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Dude I've searched through several of your threads for over an hour and didn't find it. There were a few pics in your coco grow but it didn't show the detail.

What ever pictures are here are the ones that where left after the first thread was erased, Im not exactly sure what every one is asking for the first pics on here show the room.The only pics not on here is the room empty with no ac units or system and those are just picture of walls? What is it that you are trying to see?

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Just thought i'd drop by n show sum love. Jack, u got this UC on smash!! I hope my girls look as stout as urs soon. Anyway thanx 4 all the support. Much respect -Keepz

S

Sudden818

You should try to go big next time. JK LOL Naw man wholly crap.Looks sick.I'm new here but I just saw your thread and will be following along.I see you got a grip on that new system quick. Still drooling over setup.....Keep it Up Bro

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

View attachment 84200
View attachment 84203
Here is a picture of how low DDs has some of his lights. These look a couple inches below the tree tops. I've heard it said its bad to have light hit the bottoms of the leaves but I have not had a problem with that. Spent some time measuring bare 1000W HPS hanging vertically, the brightest light comes out of the very middle of the inner tube, parallel to the floor. The light dispersion is approximately 90*, 45* up and 45* down. That was determined by the brightness dropping to about 50% at that point. So if the center of the lamp is even with the top of the plant almost half the light is shooting up and away. Just my two cents. Keep up the awesome show Jack!!
:icon_spin:

D

doubleds

View attachment 84200
View attachment 84203
Here is a picture of how low DDs has some of his lights. These look a couple inches below the tree tops. I've heard it said its bad to have light hit the bottoms of the leaves but I have not had a problem with that. Spent some time measuring bare 1000W HPS hanging vertically, the brightest light comes out of the very middle of the inner tube, parallel to the floor. The light dispersion is approximately 90*, 45* up and 45* down. That was determined by the brightness dropping to about 50% at that point. So if the center of the lamp is even with the top of the plant almost half the light is shooting up and away. Just my two cents. Keep up the awesome show Jack!!
:icon_spin:

the picture widowmaker put up is perfect. Keep your bulbs as low as you can get them bro, the middle of the bulb should me level with the middle of your plant. This will build great yield from the very bottom of the plant to the top. The last 2 weeks raise them up so the middle of the bulb is shining on the tops to harden everything up.

Hope this helps bro

dds

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Widowmakers diagram is spot on.....BTW, Jack you are slaying it my brother, respect.

D

dagobaker

u would think a 1k lights 18 inches from a plant would burn the crap out of it.........or at least do some burn damage
it is a bare 1k after all..............

M

mrdizzle

bare bulbs are much different, you cann get plants 5inchs from them sometimews without drama

N

noone88

If you use one of the small floor fans blowing straight up at the bulb, you can bring the plant pretty close to the bulb.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Full Metal......Bulb.......Jacket

Agreed, conventional horizontal reflectors work kind of like those dish heaters from Home Lamo.

Where as a bare bulb allows the heat to dissapate and rise away from the plant canopy through simple thermo dynamics.

That's why for horizontal apps it's all bout the Adjusta-Wings.

S

sirsmokealot

this is very true. If i put my hand on top of a magnum xxl the top of the hood is super hot, and if put my hand on top of an adjust a wing its much cooler.

D

dagobaker

live and and learn i guess
im sure each grow will be getting tweaked
for a first run here its beyond belief
having a massive a/c makes it much easier....not messing with air cooling........
us non mmj states have to watch every watt

B

Blackthumb

Hi Jack

Any chance you could get those bulbs any lower? It seems you are losing a ton of light there bro. You would really up your yield if those bulbs were direct on to the side of the plant. I would estimate looking at your pics that your losing 50% of the available light from your bulbs.

sweet grow though mate

dds

I agree

Latest posts

Top Bottom