$600 Budget Towards Lights 5x5 Room

• Thread starter Coney83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

575w approx running in a 4x4 with qbs and I’m killing it.35w per square foot with these and it’s almost overkill. I could turn these up to 675-700w but it’s just too much. That’s with 4 different strains. Gtfo with the 800w requirement for a 4x4.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
thems the ones..:cool:
Very nice! Good choice! Did you get the E serious with the master controller? I love my gavitas. I would suggest getting the wider hood it spreads the lite much better then the stock ones. I absolutely love when the lights come on the rainbow colors from the double ended bulb are absolutely exhilarating. Sometimes I’ll sneak in there and lay on the floor in the dark just to watch em fire up. Man, I got to get my flower room cleaned out I’m starting to go through growers withdrawals. Haven’t had any ladies in there since last April. (Mental note, GET IT DONE YOU BIG DUMMY!!!!!!)

Madmax

Madmax

LMAO ... I sure did..controller too.my friend loves the sunset sunrise feature auto dim and shutdown..was very impressed...yeah i loved sittong in there too..frock the the light is sooo blinding..im glad im not rushing into it.i feel pretty comfortable now than when i first started learning .i reckon ill go quite well first up.im leaning toward a supersoil grow or no til .and def lst or even mainlining :woot:

Freshone

Freshone

Sunset/sunrise is awesome,gavita ELs are the best controllers ive ever used,wish someone would do something similar for HLGs.I have a stack of 750s and CMHs sitting in my shop now,such good lights but just power hogs.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

We use both 1000w Gavita, and 1000w Hortilux HPS from seedling-flowering, and get killer results. Also supplement with 2 x 4ft Solacure Flower Power 32w UVA/B for each 4 x 4 area. Also used in seedling stage. Around 6-8 hours a day in both flowering, and seedling/veg. Veg is 24 hours. I don't think peak radiation happens much more than 6-8 hours a day in nature. 9am-5pm. The closer the bulb, the less duration. We usually are 24 inches with 1000w Hortilux, and 6 hours in a 4 x 4, 1000w Gavita up to 6 x 5 gets 4 of them, and 36-40 inches , and run them 8 hours.

Freshone

Freshone

We use both 1000w Gavita, and 1000w Hortilux HPS from seedling-flowering, and get killer results. Also supplement with 2 x 4ft Solacure Flower Power 32w UVA/B for each 4 x 4 area. Also used in seedling stage. Around 6-8 hours a day in both flowering, and seedling/veg. Veg is 24 hours. I don't think peak radiation happens much more than 6-8 hours a day in nature. 9am-5pm. The closer the bulb, the less duration. We usually are 24 inches with 1000w Hortilux, and 6 hours in a 4 x 4, 1000w Gavita up to 6 x 5 gets 4 of them, and 36-40 inches , and run them 8 hours.
I have 3 sets of solacures sitting in my shop right now waiting to be used,A little known insider secret.I mentioned them on here once but got my ass jumped by a few guys because of the claims made on their site,lol.

H

hawkman

I have 3 sets of solacures sitting in my shop right now waiting to be used,A little known insider secret.I mentioned them on here once but got my ass jumped by a few guys because of the claims made on their site,lol.
for your 4by4 space ?

F

FutureGrower

You have to admit if you haven't heard of them or used their products that description would have you questioning it too lol! I just get angry about marketing crap but I need to get over that. If it works that's all that matters :)

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

just looked at the "solocure" lights - a bit pricey for $80.00 - how are the lights are they worth it - wonder if you can buy them on amason ?

They are more than 20x more powerful than the most powerful Reptile Bulbs.

The 54 WATT Arcadia Desert Dragon is the most powerful Reptile UVA/B bulb made. No Question About It.

The 32w Solacure is more than 20x more powerful than that, and the UVA/B is geared towards plants, vs animals/reptiles.

Also it takes special glass to not inhibit/absorb UVA/B, and is not cheap to make. The Solacure also has a Built In Reflector

Arcadia also has good glass, but is not in the same ballpark vs Solacure, but it doesn't need to be, and they work great for Reptiles.

All I know is UVA/B happens in nature, and the most potent weed evolved in areas of high UVA/B.

HID/LED/CMH aint got it, or anywhere enough, and what little they may have is mucked with by the inferior glass, and reflectors. Ya cant use just any reflector, unless ya have 1 already built in like the Solacure.

Its only logical to give UVA/B. Plants have receptors for it. Why would you not use it???
If one is trying to reproduce the sun, no way you can leave out UVA/B with a straight face.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah 15-30% is out there..thanks for bringing that up James.might get a couple when i get a few grows under belt and got it dialed in..cant see any in hydro stores in Australia ..

Whats your shop called Freshone...are you online...

F

FutureGrower

Its not my stuff. I wish.

http://solacure.com/

Is this the unit most outdoor growers veg under to bring your plant from indoor light to natural? I think it's a different bulb but j dont know they both have uvb though.

Out of curiosity have you grown without the bulb to see how much of a improvement it adds?

H

Highkev

Hi..if you want to make a 5x5 room you might have a little difficulty scrogging the plants as yo wont b able to reach.ive made a 5x5 room myself out of white laminate chip board.ive made a scrog net out of pvc only made it 4 ft front to back and will still have dificulty reaching.like i need a handle somewhere so i can hang onto it while using the other to tuck tops..i dont think ill use it first go..i would use a tent what Jack og has mentioned
Maybe try mainlining a few or bending for more tips. Instead? Or put a circle around the plant to hold up

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Is this the unit most outdoor growers veg under to bring your plant from indoor light to natural? I think it's a different bulb but j dont know they both have uvb though.

Out of curiosity have you grown without the bulb to see how much of a improvement it adds?

Yes, the main thing I can tell is that it adds complexity to the high.

The very first time we ever used them we used them on a strain weve been growing for 3 years, and there was a noticeable improvement in the quality/high of the weed, and everyone who had smoked the original, agreed that it was noticeably better.

F

FutureGrower

Yes, the main thing I can tell is that it adds complexity to the high.

The very first time we ever used them we used them on a strain weve been growing for 3 years, and there was a noticeable improvement in the quality/high of the weed, and everyone who had smoked the original, agreed that it was noticeably better.

Nice man! I have been thinking of adding some UVB, maybe I'll give it a shot sooner than later, thanks for sharing :)

Top Bottom