600 watt bulbs, what r u using and why????

• Thread starter d420dool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

toquer

I'm using the sun master full novas in veg. Nice spectrum but there is a reason they are buy one get one free. They work for three months before dying. Like start to flicker and then out within two days. Don't buy them!!
Once my two cases are done I'm switching back to Hortilux.

d420dool

d420dool

Thanks for the advice toquer, i was actually thinkin bout gettin a full nova but not no mo. Hey cap do u kno if i could use one of those phillips greenpowers on my humboldt micromole ballast, if not im gonna go with the regular gavita 600 bulb, i just want to try suttin new instead of the same old hortilux

sixstring

sixstring

My fav is digilux. I just had to order eyes and ushios cause they were out of digis and Im bummed I did it.both are weaker bulbs and have way more red in them then I like.2 of the ushios have failed in the first month, and I put used digilux back in those spots and they are still just as bright (metered) and have more blue in there.
Just got a stack of new digilux and I cant wait to install them lol . I'll give these about 4 more weeks and imndone with em.would prolly choose eyes if they ever discontinued these digilux.never used the new eye 600mh but im running 2x digilux 600mh in the corners and I think my shrubs like em :)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
fwiw, the only 1kw digilux bulbs I've bought all went bad. Only have 1 600watt bulb around and it's an ushio, so I can't say I've tried many other 600 watt bulbs(atleast since my PL days...)

sixstring

sixstring

have you harvested with any hortilux & ushio versus the digilux? meters and your eyes don't always equate to the plants yield...ime
yeah i started with eyes for about the first year of my indoor growing.i also just did about 3 cycles with the ushios last year and even though the bulbs lasted i wasnt happy with my plants.i think this last batch of ushio was from a bad batch or something to have 3 go out on 3 dif brand ballasts,was starting to think they are not made for digital ballasts but that cant be it cause they worked before.i had a 400 ushio that not only stopped working but the inner filament popped bad.place i got em from was quick to let me have digilux as replacements almost as if they were aware of the problem idk man.the meter dont lie bro,a 6 month used digilux having the same fc @ 30" as a 4 week old ushio or eye tells me all i need to know.one of these days ill grab a 600 gavita and see what the skinny is on those.i know alot of peeps swear by the eyes,just giving the op my thoughts and exp. on 600's as i've used just about every brand out there.plantmax,solarmax, and ultrasun are junk imo.only gave the lumatek 1 look,its all they had in stock.but i didnt have my meter yet and it was mounted real close to a digilux so i cant say how it performed.i run 15 bulbs so if i dont put 4 to 6 in one section its hard to tell any diff but when i do this its easy to see which ones my plants prefer with my style of growing.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
yeah, bad batches happen to all companies it seems but to varying degrees. I'm not dissing the digilux, just saying the one time I gave them a go I had some bad ones and it might have been growing pains as the company was brand new when I tried them. They are the bulbs that come in the coffin/fancy metal tin box thingy right?

I've used ushio for several years and plants honestly have been happy under every brand of bulb I've ever bought. I just like the german made bulbs versus china made or us made.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I used to use sunmaster 600 watt bulbs when I used my PL fireman helmet hoods back in the day, hortilux as well but haven't tried any newer brands of 600watt bulbs.

Top Bottom