600 Watt Lumatek Dimmable - Still a bulb issue?

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

I'm just wondering from anyone out there with the new 600 dimmable lumatek if there is still a bulb compatibility issue? Not that I have a problem with the Ushio bulbs, but just curious. Thanks!

L

Lost

Yeah, no complaints here with the Ushio, other than they are usually special order and not stocked like the hortilux. I got the dimmable so I did go ahead and order the Ushio Opti Red. Hope the dimmable is good. I still paid less than most blowout prices on the non dimmable so either way I think I should be happy. The fan on the quantum scared me away.. And whats not to like about super lumens! Watch quantum come out with Uber lumens or some shit, lol...

Aligee

Aligee

yeah there like 250 a pop and lamps like a bill each I keep the ballast at 100% and it's plenty that ushio mh lamp is something else!! bright bright I've noticed an obvious increase in trich production with the blu spectrum in flower !!!
I 'HIGHLY recomend adding a MH lamp I'm in the market to double my lamps and ballast will not bother shopping 'round this here is all $$ ~alig~

L

Lost

Hmm Ill check it out.. Im going to be running my usual 2x 1000 in one flower room and 3x 600 in the other :)

Aligee

Aligee

yeah there like 250 a pop and lamps like a bill each I keep the ballast at 100% and it's plenty that ushio mh lamp is something else!! bright bright I've noticed an obvious increase in trich production with the blu spectrum in flower !!!
I 'HIGHLY recomend adding a MH lamp I'm in the market to double my lamps and ballast will not bother shopping 'round this here is all $$ ~alig~
.......all vertical bro !!!

L

Lost

I actually am looking at doing a 600 in my 2k setup. It would be 4 trees under the 2k hps and a 600 in a cool tube in the middle running verticle....

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

What up lost?
IMO 4 plant's like 1\2 the size of that Erkle when I saw her.
At the start of flower. With The 2 1000 watt's above and the 600 in the middle.
Would be optomal.

L

Lost

What up lost?
IMO 4 plant's like 1\2 the size of that Erkle when I saw her.
At the start of flower. With The 2 1000 watt's above and the 600 in the middle.
Would be optomal.

Done deal!! Since you have seen things I cut down to 4 tubs. I am gong to totally redo the system after this go around, using what I have learned from this. 4 tubs max for the size room back there. I also think I need to go the doubleds cage system. Thanks for the input :afroweed:

E

easypleasie

Hey Lost, I have the new dimmable Lumateks. I'm using 2 Ushio reds in my flat garden mixed with one Sunpulse 6.5k mh. I have one Sunpulse 3k and one 6.5k in my vert setup to see how they do. So far, so good.

I found out the Lumateks don't like Sunmaster mh conversion bulbs. Went through a couple of those so i'll be sticking with the Sunpulse 6.5k for veg. I don't know of any other bulbs that are good for the 600 Lumateks at this point. I'm afraid to try a horti hps 600 with it. I think those are the ones people have the most problems with.

The horti 1k hps bulbs have been working fine with my 1k dimmable Lumateks. Keeping my fingers crossed on this. The Ushio red 1k bulb I used first crapped out after about 15 minutes.

Also, i'm running them all at 220v so not sure if that makes any difference.

Good to see your experiment is evolving. I'm building a 4 site setup at the moment and have been following you, dizzle, northone and of course Doubleds! Gathering up as much info as I can before my first run. I'm gonna use the cages for sure!

Good luck bro!

U

ultrasonic

Hey all-

Just wanted to give my input on this:

The bulb compatability issue has to do with how many HZ the digital/electronic ballasts run at. Line power at 120v in north america is 60hz. The ballasts take that and ramp it up to 400/600/1000w, and increase the hz (the amount of times the power comes in pulses) to 20,000 to as much as 100,000 hz. This can cause bulbs made in a certain configuration to actually physically vibrate.

This vibration is so fast that it can create a harmonic resonance - the bulbs will emit a high pitched sound. Even if they don't make noise, they're still vibrating themselves to death. Ushio bulbs (as well as Sunpulse bulbs, what I use in my 1k lumatek) are made to prevent this from happening. Other bulbs really aren't designed for use at such a high frequency.

Between Ushio and Sunpulse, I chose sunpulse because they're MH bulbs, and so far as i've read MH has a pretty good record. I like the idea of more blue, as I believe that's what stimulates trichromes/flavour/color.

Whatever anyone decides to do, all i'd recommend is if you're going digital, make sure your bulb is designed to handle it. El-cheap-o bulbs will "flutter", turn strange colors and blow up :P

Top Bottom